KimT

Invasion Contest Discussion and Rules topic

InvasionPoster.png

"There's something grim on the horizon."

"The other LEGO themes have ganged up and are sending their best troops to overtake the Star Wars Universe.

The Vikings have devised an interstellar longboat wielding proton cannons and the Ninjas are at their side manuevering Stealth fighters. What are the poor Rebel and Imperial troops to do? Could this be the end of the license?"

Breaking it all down!

The Contest Rules:

• Build a non-Star Wars themed vessel, depicting an existing or discontinued LEGO theme's version of a Star Wars fighter/vehicle/whatever - and yes Fabuland is a theme :tongue
  • There's no limit for how big it may be, but no less than 200 pieces.
  • No more than 20 minifigs in the entry.
  • Minifigs and brick-built minifigs don't count as pieces.
  • Brick-built minifigs like for example buzz-droids count as 1 minifig.
  • No clone brands only LEGO is allowed. - with the exception of custom made minifigs, helmets and weaponry
  • A brick-built stand is allowed, but doesn't count towards the minimum of 200 pieces. Make sure to note that the stand isn't part of your MOC.
  • The entry must be minifig scaled.
  • Entries must have a background story, a note on which theme it's 'from' and which vessel you've copied.
  • No digital designs - only brick built entries.
  • Entries have to be new - no old MOCs
  • 5 pics in entry (front, top, rear, left-side and right-side)
  • Entries should have a link to picture folder (non-resized pics, close-ups and stuff like that for the rest of us to enjoy)
  • Max picture size for deeplinked pictures is 600x800 pixels
  • No webcam or phonepictures - The pictures must be undisturbed - make a studio, anything but a table with a cat in the background, nor is a LEGO built background allowed.
  • Contest entries must be posted before the 15th of June 2009 2100 CET.
  • Staff can enter this contest, but only for show-off. They can't be voted for or win.
  • Only one entry per person.
  • All entries posted until the end date of the contest are considered Works In Progress.
  • All entries not living up to the rules on the end date are disqualified
  • All entries will be indexed - this does not mean they are qualified or 'good' enough
  • All entries will be commented 1 week before the end date by me, giving guidelines on how to qualify for the vote

Entries are to be posted within Watto's Junkyard and type "Invasion Contest Entry" in the 'sub-title' of the topic.

What's to win?

The 1st prize is a pick between a Clone Wars Obi Wan Keychain with EB Star Wars Logo or the EB Stormtrooper.

The 2nd prize is what number one didn't pick.

The 3rd prize is the same calendar as in the Vehicle Contest.

Why do this?

The real challenge here is to integrate the vessels of the Star Wars theme with another LEGO theme. It doesn't have to be a MOD of an existing model, all you need is to ensure that the MOC you've done, resembles the vessel you've 'copied'.

Meaning that you should 'copy' a craft into another theme.

Examples could be:

City Renovation AT-AT

Pirate Barracuda AT-TE

Western RGS

Ninja Stealth Falcon

Viking Y-Longboat

Good luck to all and remember to have fun building for this contest.

Pics of all three prizes can be found in the prize topic within Watto's Junkyard.

Edited by KimT
Rules updated!!

Ok I am a little confused. So I would have to say make a viking veicle with a attacking star wars twist or I would say recreate the death star in a western way.

They were just random examples but I personally like the secound one.

Yay! Another contest I won't win! :laugh: I will start thinking up some ideas.

Sounds interesting! Where the cheesedoodles did that poster come from?

I think it was a t.v poster that someone edited as it looks like someone just added some bit and of course the glorious e.b sign. I think that I like the poster though.

Ok I am a little confused. So I would have to say make a viking veicle with a attacking star wars twist or I would say recreate the death star in a western way.

They were just random examples but I personally like the secound one.

Exactly.

How would the Viking theme look in the Star Wars Universe?

A Western Death Star sounds awesome :wub:

All you need to ensure is that you obey the rules described in the first post od this topic.

Sounds interesting! Where the cheesedoodles did that poster come from?

The amazing place called the internet.

Sounds great! That second post of yours is a little odd, don't you think :wink::tongue:

No problemo. :grin:

Exactly.

How would the Viking theme look in the Star Wars Universe?

A Western Death Star sounds awesome :wub:

All you need to ensure is that you obey the rules described in the first post od this topic.

The amazing place called the internet.

But what Star Wars era was that??? I've never seen those characters or those ships! It practically looks like a Star Trek poster!

[*]Build a non-Star Wars themed vessel, depicting an existing or discontinued LEGO theme's version of any existing or non-existing Star Wars fighter/vehicle/whatever - and yes, Fabuland is a theme :tongue:

Does this mean we can not do something like a doctor who thing or can we.( If so it will be easy to do, tardis or dalek crucible here we come)

But what Star Wars era was that??? I've never seen those characters or those ships! It practically looks like a Star Trek poster!

He got it from cheese doodle land. You are now cheese doodle boy to me, so dont forget it :wink:

I'm going to start on a UFO ship right away.

Does this mean we can not do something like a doctor who thing or can we.( If so it will be easy to do, tardis or dalek crucible here we come)

Must be an existing or discontinued LEGO theme and I am most sure that Dr Who hasn't ever been done by TLG.

You need to keep it within the rules :classic:

I've added this to the first post to elaborate a little on the idea of this contest:

Why do this?

The real challenge here is to make a non-Star Wars MOC that looks like it could have been Star Wars. Making a City Starfighter that has that Star Wars sense to it, isn't all that easy and in the end that is what this is all about. If the MOC doesn't have that Star Wars sense to it, then it's no more than a regular Space MOC and that wont get far when the voting begins.

Good luck to all and remember to have fun building for this contest.

Haha! :laugh: What a fun idea for a contest! It's almost like a perfect response to this thread! :grin:

Some fun entries are starting to materialize in my head. I'm not sure if I can find the time to build something, but I'll try. :thumbup:

Just one question: What do you mean by "existing or non-existing Star Wars fighter/vehicle"? As in SW vehicles that have and have not been released by TLC?

That's meant as an opening.

I could be that you wish to do a Western 'Copy' of an RGS and then you'll be copying an existing Star Wars Fighter.

Or perhaps you want to do a Viking Space Longboat and then you'll be doing an non-existing Star Wars Fighter.

Clear?

Here's a few inspirational links for you guys to look at.

Link1

Link2

See if you can quess which is Fabuland and which is Western :tongue:

Remember they're only inspirational :laugh:

cool contest, but a litle short deadline. I think I will have to pas again, but I'm looking forward on deeing the entries, good luck all.

Or perhaps you want to do a Viking Space Longboat and then you'll be doing an non-existing Star Wars Fighter.

But then it wouldn't have much to do with SW, would it? :tongue:

But yeah, I see what you mean.

Here's a few inspirational links for you guys to look at.

Yay! My MOC is an inspiration! :laugh:

But then it wouldn't have much to do with SW, would it? :tongue:

Then the trick would be to have it look Star Wars-ish, wouldn't it?

There needed to be some challenge in this contest and this is it :tongue:

Good luck Mr Discuss It All.

Yay! My MOC is an inspiration! :laugh:

Yes, I thought it'll look good as an example of how a Western entry could be.

I know it's meant to be steam, but it has that Western sense to it whilst still being Star Wars.

And you wondered how to do that :hmpf:

"You need some schooling young man!"

Would Hinckley and CopMike's diorama count? I thought it had to be a vehicle.

Right, it wouldn't count as you need to make a 'vessel' of some kind.

Now if you were to make an entire Fabuland Star Of Destruction and enter that, then we'd have a totally different story.

It's meant as inspiration, not as a final entry to copy.

Right, it wouldn't count as you need to make a 'vessel' of some kind.

Now if you were to make an entire Fabuland Star Of Destruction and enter that, then we'd have a totally different story.

It's meant as inspiration, not as a final entry to copy.

Okie Dokie. I think I understand now :grin:

cool contest, but a litle short deadline. I think I will have to pas again, but I'm looking forward on seeing the entries, good luck all.

Isn't close to six weeks enough?

How much time do you need?

Skipping food, friends and sleep is one way to gain more time to do this :devil:

Okie Dokie. I think I understand now :grin:

Finally :laugh::wink:

Good.

Make sure to post any future questions here, so we can clear the way for making entries as fast as possible.

:thumbup:

This looks to be one of the coolest contests in a long time! I will almost certainly enter!

This looks to be one of the coolest contests in a long time! I will almost certainly enter!

I am glad you like it.

The good thing about this one is that you don't actually need to own a lot of Star Wars lego to be part of it.

All you need is a little imagination and some parts from another theme and you're good to go.

The small minimium requirements (min of 200 parts) should be doable by most members here.

He got it from cheese doodle land. You are now cheese doodle boy to me, so dont forget it :wink:

I'm going to start on a UFO ship right away.

I'm not the cheese doodle man! I prefer Cheez-its. :tongue: