Sign in to follow this  
ThEGoDFaThEr

Happy Times on the 10286 - WIP

thindexedgif.gif 115A

Hi Everyone,

Greetings from Mumbai, India! This is my first MOC; hope you guys like it (make sure to check out the captain's cabin and the dining hall) :pir-classic:

10286: Skull's Eye Schooner

Under the leadership of Captain Richbeard, the 6286 Skull's Eye Schooner saw a major revamp. What we have is the 10286, a 10-gun Pirate ship to battle the modern-day Imperial Flagship and the Red Imperials.

img_0003.jpg

Its a happy time on board the 10286 - the crew has just completed another successful assault on a Red Imperials ship and looted all the tax money it was carrying:

img_0006.jpg

img_0007.jpg

Time to execute the Imperial Governor. Walk the plank matey, aaarghh!

img_0013.jpg

The first mate happily maneuvers the ship

img_0015.jpg

img_0016.jpg

A small armoury in the rear, as with the original 6286

img_0018.jpg

The deck detaches to reveal the lower section of the ship:

img_0038.jpg

img_0039.jpg

The kitchen, where the cook is spit-roasting turkey for the lavish meal to come:

img_0040.jpg

img_0043.jpg

The dining hall, which has now become a party place. There's a musician playing the cello, and an exotic dancer too

img_0047.jpg

A juggler who likes to play with fire

img_0048.jpg

Few more pics of the dining hall:

img_0049.jpg

img_0050.jpg

Off we go to Captain Richbeard's cabin, where merchants from all over have gathered to congratulate him and discuss future plans

img_0057.jpg

The captain discusses where he will attack next. He finances the merchants so they listen intently (with the Government levying terrible taxes, it is the best option for business :) )

img_0058.jpg

A merchant helps himself to some turkey

img_0061.jpg

Captain Richbeard is well-read, and boasts a library in his cabin. He has also won a few awards which he proudly displays; most of them won at the annual Pirates' Plunderama festival ROFL :)

img_0065.jpg

Please note that this is a Work In Progress. Things to be added/changed:

1) A new floor will be added between the deck and lower section.

2) The bow, including the figurehead, need to be thought over

3) The back of the ship looks plain. It will be redesigned (and the lifeboat will be added)

4) A couple of big triangular custom sails for the front, but this one is some distance away.

And yes, thank you all for bringing me out of my Dark Ages :pir_laugh2:

Edited by ThEGoDFaThEr
Removed over-sized images, changed to links

That ship is huge, truly brilliant work especially since this is coming out of your dark age.

Its a fantastic ship and its so nice to see something that looks a little like the sets of old (the schooner) become this huge behemouth of a modern Moc.

I love the collection of merchants in the captians cabin and the re-design of the kitchen.

As your new though it would be a good idea to post some pics up here so that people don't have to click a link to see such a great build.

Posting Deeplinked Images from Brickshelf (this sould help you)

One final request is could I see a wide picture with all the sections of your ship devided and placed next to each other (to get a full effect of the grandure.

Fantastic work

Cheers

As your new though it would be a good idea to post some pics up here so that people don't have to click a link to see such a great build.

Posting Deeplinked Images from Brickshelf (this sould help you)

Thanks for the link! I just edited my post accordingly.

One final request is could I see a wide picture with all the sections of your ship devided and placed next to each other (to get a full effect of the grandure.

I'll post by tomorrow and share the link

Hey,

Your pictures need some resizing because the maximum which we allow on our forums is 800px x 600px (larger pics will load extremely slow for those without a super fast Internet connection).

If you need help, check the tutorials in my signature.

Thanks!

Bonaparte is correct, your images were just massive, way too big. I've removed your image tags as that took me a while to load and I have extremely fast internet. Please re-size them and feel free to re-add the images once re-sized if you'd like.

Hey,

Your pictures need some resizing because the maximum which we allow on our forums is 800px x 600px (larger pics will load extremely slow for those without a super fast Internet connection).

If you need help, check the tutorials in my signature.

Thanks!

Hi Bonaparte,

I have resized and inserted the images. And thanks for the Tutorials link - the guide on photographing Lego and creating backdrops is immensely helpful. I am waiting for more bricks to arrive, and I assure you the photographs will be much, much better :pir-sweet:

It's quite frustrating that we don't get Lego in India, and International Shipping is too costly. I frequently ask one of my relatives who is flying down from the US to get Lego for me, and my next batch is due in about three weeks. Meanwhile, hope you guys liked the creation so far!

Wow, this is quite an impressive ship! For just coming out of your dark ages, I'm amazed!

Technically speaking, there was only one thing that stood out to me......that the ship has 4 masts. It just looks a little odd to me, because 4 masts make the deck look a little cramped in a ship of this size. In my opinion, it would look better if you kept the foremast in place, shifted the mainmast back about 8 studs or so (1/2 way between it and the 3rd mast), and then shifted the 3rd mast back a bit, while adding a mizzen sail (thus making it the mizzenmast). I think it would just look a bit more normal, since most ships had 2 or 3 masts. This is just my personal opinion, so don't take it too seriously! :pir-tongue:

Otherwise, I think you have done a great job, and I love your attention to detail, especially with the full interior of the ship. I'll be waiting for more updates!

Edited by Corweena

Nice ship :thumbup: I've put it in the index.

Unfortunately I also have to bother you because of your image size.

Some of the pictures are 800X1071 pixels, which is still too large.

Anyway, I like the turkey stove and the large number of maps on the table. Well done.

Nice MOC. It is definitely a larger SES, that's for sure! I like that you kept the original overall feel/look of the ship and added in some new elements for the size.

I was actually in the midst of MOCing the SES with some newer color scheme and a little larger size, but I have since scrapped that idea and am going to build some other ship.

Good work and keep it up!

Wow, this is quite an impressive ship! For just coming out of your dark ages, I'm amazed!

Thanks!!

Technically speaking, there was only one thing that stood out to me......that the ship has 4 masts. It just looks a little odd to me, because 4 masts make the deck look a little cramped in a ship of this size. In my opinion, it would look better if you kept the foremast in place, shifted the mainmast back about 8 studs or so (1/2 way between it and the 3rd mast), and then shifted the 3rd mast back a bit, while adding a mizzen sail (thus making it the mizzenmast). I think it would just look a bit more normal, since most ships had 2 or 3 masts. This is just my personal opinion, so don't take it too seriously! :pir-tongue:

Yes, the deck is a little crowded right now. My problem was that I wanted to fit in three masts on the deck, and I have three detachable sections (one cabin, and two deck sections), and hence the main mast was pushed further forward.

Your idea is brilliant: I will move my third mast on top of the cabin and add a mizzensail to it, and then move the main mast towards the stern. Thanks a lot for your input!

Btw, did you check out the rigging to the main mast? Please let me know how it looks: it is basically a couple of hinges which tilt the long rigging pieces ever so slightly, so that they look like one piece, and that attaches to a smaller rigging piece at the top (I hope I get good enough to use rope and do a custom rigging for the ship :pir-hmpf_bad:, but for now this is the best option I could think of).

img_0028.jpg

img_0029.jpg

Some of the pictures are 800X1071 pixels, which is still too large.

Fixed the links, so all images are 640x480.

I plan to add another floor between the deck and the lower section. But I also want to be a little historically accurate with the layout. Could you guide me to some links which talk about actual Pirate-era ships, its interiors etc? Thanks a lot!

Nice and huge!! Packed with detail, well done!

I'm yet to add an interior to my ship "Death's Breath" and it has been over a year... :pir-look: Better get on with it...

Great MOD! The captian's quarters are amazing! :pir-sweet:

Nice and huge!! Packed with detail, well done!

I'm yet to add an interior to my ship "Death's Breath" and it has been over a year... :pir-look: Better get on with it...

Thank a lot guys! There's more to come, I assure you :pir-grin:

I love this. It has all what a real ship would have, and seems more than a match for the Imperial Flagship!

Good Work!

I love this. It has all what a real ship would have, and seems more than a match for the Imperial Flagship!

Good Work!

Thanks Jedi! There's more to come, I'll post more pics soon :-)

I plan to add another floor between the deck and the lower section. But I also want to be a little historically accurate with the layout. Could you guide me to some links which talk about actual Pirate-era ships, its interiors etc? Thanks a lot!

We have some useful stuff in our own index.

Here you can find a huge number of LEGO ships for reference.

Here is a thread with a lot of pictures of historical and replica ships.

This(and other) tutorial(s) by Horry is also very useful.

And if you google for the ships in the second link (like Trincomalee, Batavia, Victory) you'll also find a lot of useful information.

Good luck!

We have some useful stuff in our own index.

And if you google for the ships in the second link (like Trincomalee, Batavia, Victory) you'll also find a lot of useful information.

Thanks Admiral, this is hugely helpful!

Exotic dancer :pir_laugh2:

Did you see the gold coins that the "guests" have tossed on the stage?? :pir-grin::pir-wub: