Sign in to follow this  
SavaTheAggie

SRW Scenic Tours: Burning the Midnight Oil

The next installment in my Sava Railways Scenic Tours photo series:

"Burning the Midnight Oil"

4995320714_2c6b6a7078_m.jpg

Image is a link.

--Tony

Way cool! I like that light effect. Did you use any kind of mist or set your camera for longer exposure to catch the beam?

You almost have to look twice to see it's Lego.....that is an AWESOME shot 'SavaTheAggie' - dam, that would make a COOL wallpaper indeed - I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Way cool! I like that light effect. Did you use any kind of mist or set your camera for longer exposure to catch the beam?

Thanks much! Actually it's a bit of both. Almost all of my Scenic Tour photos are taken on a long exposure - I do it to overcome narrow depth of field from zooming in so much. As for the "mist", I have been talking about doing a photo like this for quite some time, but I've always been concerned about dry ice or humidifiers around electronics - water and electricity don't mix. The "mist" is actually body powder, "smoked" out of the bottle it comes in. I simply turned the bottle on its side a bit and squeezed it over and over, causing a "smoke" of body powder to shoot out. Caused quite a mess (especially doing it over and over trying to get the shot "right", but it was worth it, I think. I used a can of air and a swiffer to clean up after each shot.

You almost have to look twice to see it's Lego.....that is an AWESOME shot 'SavaTheAggie' - dam, that would make a COOL wallpaper indeed - I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks much! I've tried recreating it to come up with an alternate view, but apparently this was one of those one-in-a-million, never to be duplicated shots.

Nice work. Reminds me of Modelroader magazine pic from a long time ago.

Thanks! I wouldn't be surprised if the photo that inspired me is the same one you saw in the magazine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PRR-T1.jpg

--Tony