Sign in to follow this  
alanyuppie

[MOC] Infernus, transforming mech alternate design from set 31032

Infernus' jet mode resembled one character from Transformers universe (guess who?). He is named so because of his fiery red color scheme and with spikes and horns all over. He was known to rise from the depths of Cybertron hell, a culmination of millions of sparks who died horribly in the smelting pool.

infernus0002_zpswj8nofpi.jpg

infernus0008_zpszhdpganh.jpg

The jet transforms into robot without taking off parts. And the transformation sequence is incredibly simple indeed!

Even though set 31032 offered tons of balljoints... I've used them all up leaving only one orphaned socket part (there's no balljoint to complement it). If only they offer this one part in this set and I will be able to make an articulated head. Presently Infernus only can look forward and unable to rotate his head. :P

infernus-b2_zpsxyghyhft.jpg

One of the major highlights in my project is how to make the nosecone halves (forming robot legs) aligned with each other . One of the way is to implement a peg on one half and a peghole on the opposing half. The 1-stud long peg looks ugly but I always favor structural integrity over aesthetics.

infernus0035_zpssycjgytl.jpg

^ the aforementioned orphaned balljoint socket ended up at the back of his pelvis.

infernus0157_zpssk6z71wj.jpg

infernus0050_zpspcfedrwq.jpg

You will notice he don't have eyes (read: there's no suitable transparent parts from set 31032 to be used for eyes.). I don't think he need proper eyes (or face even!) since he's literally one hell of a character, like grim reaper. :)

infernus0162_zpsmkovniu3.jpg

^ Strolling casually to Hell's Kitchen to get energon cubes.

For more photos and building instruction, do visit my blog entry below. Thanks for your support guys.

Alanyuppie's LEGO Transformers: LEGO 31032 Alternate Mode: Infernus with instructions !