Silmeria

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

Here is my entry, a while back I got some suggestions about mottling my stone builds. I said I would experiment and so I have  :wink:

Silmeria
Silmeria a lush jungle island that lies south of Avalonia. The island also has several volcanoes and is rich with minerals.
Mining is the biggest industry in Silmeria and most Silmerians live underground to escape the overwhelming heat of the island.
Traders thrive off of the abundance of valuable metals and stones.

Silmeria has been inhabited for centuries by adventurous miners and traders but until recently there hasn't been any form of government.
Now Silmeria is united under Diego Dandolo, and is quickly becoming prominent in Historica.

Guild name: Silmeria

Guild location: (relative to Historica) 5 days sailing south of Avalonia, or 8 days sailing West of Nocturnus

Capital and Ruler: Emraldon ruled by Diego Dandolo

Unique Characteristics: Silmerians usually do their business above ground at night when it is cooler. Also living underground has accustomed them to the dark and
they don't fear it.

Colorscheme: Dark blue and dark green

military

citizens

Diego Dandolo, the leader of Silmaria: Diego rose to power through shrewd planning and diplomacy while maintaining his popularity with the majority of Silmerians

Vignette:
Posted Image

Lots more pics (including interiors): here

Any feedback is appreciated  :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6, 07 June 2013 - 12:48 PM.

Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#2 Rast

Rast

Member: 30441

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

That is just cool! nice build i love the mining cart, the bottom level is awesome.

#3 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

View PostRast, on 16 September 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

That is just cool! nice build i love the mining cart, the bottom level is awesome.

Thanks Rast  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#4 Mike S

Mike S

Member: 26273

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:30 AM

Nice entry! Actually one of my favorites. I like how you presented the three levels. Really cool!:thumbup:

Come explore the lands of the Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

• Master of "da hood"

Member: 17645

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:43 AM

Amazing stuff, my favorite so far! The stone combination worked out great and you gave the different levels a excellent presentation. I really like the elevator and nice touch seeing some glass in your doortechnic :thumbup:

About the minifigs. I really like your leader, but although you've used dark blue, the soldiers still look a bit Avalonian.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr

#6 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

View PostMikel Kalores, on 17 September 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

Nice entry! Actually one of my favorites. I like how you presented the three levels. Really cool!:thumbup:
Thanks Mikel, with a 20x20 size limit building up helped me to fit lots in  :classic:

View PostEcclesiastes, on 17 September 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

Amazing stuff, my favorite so far! The stone combination worked out great and you gave the different levels a excellent presentation. I really like the elevator and nice touch seeing some glass in your doortechnic :thumbup:

About the minifigs. I really like your leader, but although you've used dark blue, the soldiers still look a bit Avalonian.

Thanks Ecclesiastes! I'm glad you like it  :classic:
You are right about the figs, they do look somewhat similar  :hmpf_bad:

#7 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

Great work on your 20x20 - as usual I couldn't see the rest of the photos but I went to your flickr.  I really love the way you did the house underground, excellent work!  :thumbup:

--ipernity--(Flickr)--The Brick Blogger--

Posted Image_____Posted Image

Google Ron Paul! - Ageven Deraim, loyal Kaliphlin! - gid617

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house"

#8 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

View PostKai NRG, on 17 September 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

Great work on your 20x20 - as usual I couldn't see the rest of the photos but I went to your flickr.  I really love the way you did the house underground, excellent work!  :thumbup:

Thanks  :classic:

#9 de Gothia

de Gothia

• Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.

Member: 18035

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

Great idea!! And well done putting it into Lego!  :thumbup: You really have succeded in taking up that small area you are restricted to!

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#10 Wedge09

Wedge09

Member: 29763

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

Good work  :thumbup: :thumbup:  

I love the mine and the mining cart :wub: :wub: :wub:

My gallery on Flickr, My gallery on Brickshelf as WedgeNT, My (tiny) collection & don't forget to visit my new blog Life in a Brick

Posted ImagePosted Image

Alexander Vandangant, 99-year-old male Elf Hunter in Sandy's HeroicaRPG

and proud member of Avalonia

Wedge09, proud member of the Rebel Alliance in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

Weyrdág, in Sandy's Cruel Angel’s Thesis ~ Downfall of Heroes

Come to ridiscover the Guilds of Historica

P.S: M¥ n4m3$ 1$ W3Ð9309

#11 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

View Postde Gothia, on 17 September 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Great idea!! And well done putting it into Lego!  :thumbup: You really have succeded in taking up that small area you are restricted to!

Thanks! Yeah that was the idea  :laugh:

View PostWedge09, on 17 September 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

Good work  :thumbup: :thumbup:  

I love the mine and the mining cart :wub: :wub: :wub:
Thanks, the mining carts are extremely simple but I like stuff that way  :classic:

#12 Damaximus

Damaximus

• Hippy kicker

Member: 22634

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

Wow!

So many details on just a 20x20 vignette... :blush:

Great job as always SK!

Lord Damaximus of Mpya Stedor, loyal to the guild of KALIPHLIN!
Also sometimes Lord Max Samu of Everlast, Head of the I.A.M.S., a secret service of KALIPHLIN!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/76053512@N04/

#13 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostDaMaximus, on 19 September 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

Wow!

So many details on just a 20x20 vignette... :blush:

Great job as always SK!

Thanks DaMaximus  :classic:

#14 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

• Constellation Encyclopedia

Member: 14945

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

Really cool. You're really building at a high level now, and turning out some great stuff.  And congrats on getting it front-paged on Toys N Bricks!
Tafik Regex Marmota, Kaliphlin Guild, Master Cartographer

#15 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

View PostNiceMarmot, on 19 September 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

Really cool. You're really building at a high level now, and turning out some great stuff.  And congrats on getting it front-paged on Toys N Bricks!

Thanks NiceMarmot! Yeah, Toys N Bricks doesn't have many MOCs posted there so about 50% of mine get front-paged, I think this is number 12 or 13  :laugh:

Edited by soccerkid6, 19 September 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#16 Rogue Angel

Rogue Angel

• No Longer Suffering From Male Pattern Baldness

Member: 4711

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

Yeah, I often see your MOCs on T&B a few days after you post them here.  

Great entry!  I really love your MOC with it's multi-level approach.  The mottling technique on the top level works very well - my favorite level.  The house is well done too, and I like the mining shaft on the bottom.  Good job with the figs, but Ecc is right - those are Avalonian torsos.  Are they traitors or kidnapees, or were the shirts on clearance at an Avalonian outlet store  :laugh:
Excellent entry!

Lord Varis of the Rustling Leaves Clan within the Enchanted Forest of Avalonia

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image

#17 Kayne

Kayne

Member: 23719

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

Great stuff soccerkid!  I must say that your builds have grown immensely from when I first hopped in to GoH.  You are really emerging as one of the great builders here(and your builds were good to start with).  This one has a great feel to it, the mottled stone wall is new for you like you said, and you did a great job with it!

MoonLord Kha-Lord of Ras-El-Ahken-Kaliphlin
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My MOCpagesMy Flickrhttp://www.bricklink...p=darkenrahl_17 Kayne is able(Bricklink)

#18 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

View Postrogue_Li, on 22 September 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

Yeah, I often see your MOCs on T&B a few days after you post them here.  

Great entry!  I really love your MOC with it's multi-level approach.  The mottling technique on the top level works very well - my favorite level.  The house is well done too, and I like the mining shaft on the bottom.  Good job with the figs, but Ecc is right - those are Avalonian torsos.  Are they traitors or kidnapees, or were the shirts on clearance at an Avalonian outlet store  :laugh:
Excellent entry!
Thanks rogue, I too like the top level best, I forgot how many SNOT tiles I could do now and skimped a bit with those on the bottom level  :laugh:
Well they are closest to Avalonia so they do lots of trading  :wink:

View PostKayne, on 22 September 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

Great stuff soccerkid!  I must say that your builds have grown immensely from when I first hopped in to GoH.  You are really emerging as one of the great builders here(and your builds were good to start with).  This one has a great feel to it, the mottled stone wall is new for you like you said, and you did a great job with it!
Thanks Kayne  :sweet: You have actually inspired me quite a bit: especially your embassy build  :wub: It was fun trying the mottling, I probably won't use it all that often but sometimes it's more effective  :thumbup:

#19 Torgar

Torgar

• Raven Master, Zugal Collaborator

Member: 29361

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:12 AM

Great entry, I like the differnt levels you have in your build, and the lamps are really well done!

Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image   Posted Image

My Flickr

#20 Gabe

Gabe

• Green capital G

Member: 12135

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:23 AM

Sweet entry, soccerkid! I really like your vig wth it's multiple levels.  :thumbup: It sort looks like the opposite of archaeology - instead of the ppl building on top of ancient fortresses and ruins, they are building down underneath them! :wink: The little mining shaft running under the street has to be my favourite part of this solid build. Best of luck!  :classic:
Erudhalion Sansael for Kaliphlin! Peregrinus for Kaliphlin!
Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image

#21 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

View PostTorgar, on 23 September 2012 - 06:12 AM, said:

Great entry, I like the differnt levels you have in your build, and the lamps are really well done!
Thanks Torgar, glad you noticed the lamps  :classic:

View PostGabe, on 23 September 2012 - 07:23 AM, said:

Sweet entry, soccerkid! I really like your vig wth it's multiple levels.  :thumbup: It sort looks like the opposite of archaeology - instead of the ppl building on top of ancient fortresses and ruins, they are building down underneath them! :wink: The little mining shaft running under the street has to be my favourite part of this solid build. Best of luck!  :classic:
Thank you Gabe  :sweet:

#22 Carson Haupt

Carson Haupt

Member: 27703

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

Awesome! I love the house!
Check out my Mocpage!

#23 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostCarson Haupt, on 23 September 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

Awesome! I love the house!
Thanks  :classic:

#24 robuko

robuko

• Robuko Innovation Kaliphlin

Member: 4643

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

I can only see the one photo on flickr, but this looks very nice.  The underground/overground feel really adds to it.  Could you please post more flickr shots? Your other website is blocked by virus filters
:classic:
Duc LeStrange, Special Envoy of the Petraea General Trading Company, of the Kaliphlin Guild.  
We work for Peace and Prosperity through Commerce.
Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#25 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

View Postrobuko, on 29 September 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

I can only see the one photo on flickr, but this looks very nice.  The underground/overground feel really adds to it.  Could you please post more flickr shots? Your other website is blocked by virus filters
:classic:
Thanks, I put some more pics on Flickr but they won't be there long, I don't want to pay for Pro so I just put one overview shot of each of my builds. What virus filter do you have?

Edited by soccerkid6, 29 September 2012 - 04:39 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users