Sign in to follow this  
Zorro

Announcement! Classic-Pirates.com has a position!

Due to the continuous expansion of Classic-Pirates.com, we are looking for a fresh, devoted blogger for the Classic-Pirates blog.

Please be certain that you want this before responding since it takes a lot of time and effort from us to train a new blogger.

Requirements will be:

• One must be able to understand and write decent English (very important!)
  • Minimum age of 16
  • You are not required to download any software or posses any special hardware. The Visual Wordpress editor looks a lot like a basic Word system.
  • Writing a minimum average of 3 blog articles every two weeks (takes about an hour total for all three articles)

You will:

• Receive credits as author of your articles on an ever expanding website with over 15.000 unique monthly visitors (Get known in the LEGO world!)
  • Your (display?)name will appear on the Crew Page (including description provided by yourself)
  • Get access to a hidden forum called the Shipyard
  • Have multiple promotion abilities
  • Aquire a special Classic-Pirates honorary tag
  • A Classic-Pirates Email address if you would like one.
  • You will receive one-on-one training and gain experience as working as part of team

Everyone that is interested and meets the requirements, may post his interesse in this thread.

Current Applicant List:

• Big Cam
  • martinsuper
  • destroydacre
  • TheOtters

I ask as a serious interest, does this involve buildig your own creations and sharing them, and blogging about them, or is it more like the stuff I've been reading lately, where we may find somones work here and blog about it there?

I ask becasue I have no new pirate sets, and only a few older ones, and to be honest, I'm not much of a MOC'r, but it's my favorite line next to Star Wars, I'd love to lend a helping hand, and I could definetaly spare at least 3 hours every two weeks, I have the time, college level education, and I'm well over 16.

You don't have to build MOCs to blog, blogging is mostly telling/reviewing other people's MOCs, new sets, sharing Pirate news,...

Just take a look at www.Classic-Pirates.com and you'll see the type of content we blog.

Your name is on the list. Thanks for your interest!

I'm interested in this. I often find a lot of time during the day where I could write about LEGO matters. I think the only thing I would look for is a little more direction in the position, but I would like to get more involved.

-martinsuper

Zorro forgot to mention you will receive one-on-one training so you'll know exactly what to do. You'll learn new skills and gain experience as being part of a team, or "crew" in our case.

I'm quite interested in that position, but I have a couple of questions:

1. When is the elected contributor supposed to start posting articles? I mean, I know you're not expecting 3 pages of material per post, but I still think that's important info, seeing as January is a rather busy month for most of us.

2. During training, will there be heads up on valuable sources to check out, especially if one doesn't have a flickr account connected to all the awesome Pirate MOCcers out there?

and, least importantly,

3. Can we use a different nickname for blogging purposes? I've used "MetroiD" as my personal alias for as long as I can remember with this forum being the only obvious exclusion. I've considered requesting a change of the current "TheOtters" nickname I use, but I don't think that's necessary one way or the other - people who want to get to know me here learn soon enough that they can simply stick with my name. As far as blogging is concerned though, I guess I'd prefer using my standard nick.

I'm quite interested in that position, but I have a couple of questions:

1. When is the elected contributor supposed to start posting articles? I mean, I know you're not expecting 3 pages of material per post, but I still think that's important info, seeing as January is a rather busy month for most of us.

That should be ok, one can start slowly in January getting to know how it all goes.

2. During training, will there be heads up on valuable sources to check out, especially if one doesn't have a flickr account connected to all the awesome Pirate MOCcers out there?

and, least importantly,

The source for our blog is for 95% our own forum and what gets posted on this forum.

3. Can we use a different nickname for blogging purposes?

Yes, that is possible.

Thanks for your swift response, Boner... eeerm, Tom :pir_laugh2:

Count me in!

I'd like to give it a try as well! Sounds like a good way to spend even more time with Lego Pirates related stuff... :pir_laugh2: Plus, finding the best MOCs and other cool stuff and showing it to the others sounds like real fun!

You don't have to build MOCs to blog, blogging is mostly telling/reviewing other people's MOCs, new sets, sharing Pirate news,...

Just take a look at www.Classic-Pirates.com and you'll see the type of content we blog.

Your name is on the list. Thanks for your interest!

Thank you for your answer.

That's pretty much what I thought, as I've looked at classic-pirates quite a few times, and that was my understanding.

Glad to be in the running, good luck with your search.

Don't worry: no more competition... :pir-laugh:

Since I've read the vacancy last night (in Europe), I've seriously considered signing up as a candidate, but I feel it should be someone for whom Pirates is the #1 theme. For me Town will always (well, I guess I should never say that) be the #1 theme, Pirates being #2 obviously. So, I'm happy to see that by now already some real Pirate-heads (and an excellent Pirates creative critic :pir-laugh: ), some who also actively build Pirates MOCs themselves, have expressed their interest. So, good luck to all the candidates and lots of 'wisdom' to the Classic-Pirates crew in selecting their new blogger!

Maybe next time :pir-sweet:

Edited by Rick

So how is this position to be chose? Are we to post some sort of resume or will it be based on what we have publicly done? I regret I am unable to post MOCs as I wish I could, but my after work time is mostly spoken for, which is why I have time to be on the forum.

All I'm saying is that we are given a chance to give some more information about ourselves for this position other than what is known about us. Because I don't think I will have much of a chance to win this spot known only as the guy who yells at LEGO corp. :pir_laugh2:

-martinsuper

Edited by martinsuper

So how is this position to be chose? Are we to post some sort of resume or will it be based on what we have publicly done? I regret I am unable to post MOCs as I wish I could, but my after work time is mostly spoken for, which is why I have time to be on the forum.

You don't need to provide anything. :pir-classic:

So how is this position to be chose? Are we to post some sort of resume or will it be based on what we have publicly done?

It's important that whoever gets selected at least knows how to resize pictures. I'm not sure you meet that requirement...

I feel it should be someone for whom Pirates is the #1 theme.

I can totally see your point there, Rick - and it's great you brought that up. I must admit that I too am a townie first and foremost and it's actually the thin thread that connects Town and Pirates which I find most intriguing (hence my eagerness to participate in the Pirates Community Build :) ). I am not a huge Pirate MOCcer, in fact the Community Builds will be my first AFOL Pirate MOCs, which is why I'll try to do a real good job.

So I'm not trying to deceive anyone here and I definitely feel you've made a very strong point. But, at least in my case, even though Pirates is not my #1 theme, it does most surely come at #1.5 for me :)And besides, at one point visiting the Pirates forum on a daily basis has imprinted on me this nice community feel which I enjoy being a small part of - even if it is as a townie swashbuckling landlubber :pir-sweet:

Edited by TheOtters

So I'm not trying to deceive anyone here and I definitely feel you've made a very strong point. But, at least in my case, even though Pirates is not my #1 theme, it does most surely come at #1.5 for me :)And besides, at one point visiting the Pirates forum on a daily basis has imprinted on me this nice community feel which I enjoy being a small part of - even if it is as a townie swashbuckling landlubber :pir-sweet:

I think you've shown your commitment to the Pirates-theme by winning a certain award recently... if it were up to me I'd know who to select :pir-wink: but we'll leave that up to the crew of course...

And you're right: Pirates indeed is a friendly tight community, especially now that the bluecoat versus redcoat tournament is over. The jokes were dominating the atmosphere on the board at a certain point. I especially enjoy being able to read constructive comments on MOCs now, without having a redcoat versus bluecoat joke as every second post :pir-laugh:

I'd like to give it a try. Blackmoor is a good friend of mine and he has already show me some things of what a blogger has to do. I didn't look too difficult :pir-classic: And my dad is newspaper writer so maybe I have some writing-blood in my veins as well :pir_laugh2:

And for me Pirates is most certainly number 1!

I'm reasonably new to this forum but i log in every day to check the blog and recent posts so i might as well apply.

I have already left my mark by starting several discussions and a review.

I am 18 in a couple of weeks so the age is no issue

I am a member of reviewers academy so i am already on my way to becoming a regular in the reviews forum

I have completed an as level ICT course on blogging and websites.

I intend to go into a career of web-site design so this would be great work-experience.

Thanks

Thomas

This is not going to be an easy choice because I'm already seeing several great candidates who have shown their interest in this thread. At this point we'll need for sure 1, maybe 2 bloggers to add to the team. Besides the blogging aspect you'll also have a say during the preparation of stuff like the community build because those are all managed in the same (hidden) forum which we use for managing the blog. I already feel bad in advance because we won't be able at this moment in time to take in all the great candidates who have expressed their interest, but even when you don't get in now I'm fairly certain this won't be the last time a blogging position is open. We'll leave this thread open for a little longer and make a decision in a week or so.

I hope I'm not too late for this. =P

As some of you may know, a while back I applied for video editor, but a tag team of computer troubles and school led to me not being able to fulfill my obligations. Now, however, I have a reliable PC, and this is a topic I have a great deal of experience in. I understand if my last...hem, performance would make me seem less desirable, but I'd certainly enjoy being able to contribute to Classic Pirates once again. It was a great honor during the time I could actually access it =P

I'm 16, by the way - no worries on age.

~Trexxen

Keep the applications coming guys! This is a fantastic opportunity for you, gaining new skills from paid web developers, working in a team, getting your name out there and becoming respected as a blogger on the best Pirates website in the LEGO community. :pir-classic: