Sign in to follow this  
Paganomation

Little Guys... In Space!

We here at Paganomation are developing a new LEGO stop-motion film, entitled "Little Guys... In Space!"

LGIS_logo8000_v16_hyper_kick_v02.jpg

It's a sequel to our 2007 film "Little Guys!", and is the first new independent Paganomation project since 2008. You can check out

on our YouTube channel, as well as a few preliminary photos over on our Flickr page.

Animation is a lot of work, though; and so in order to produce the film, we are humbly asking for your help and support. We've put together a Kickstarter campaign in order to raise funds for the production, and we're offering some neat rewards for our backers -- DVDs, pins, figures, custom LEGO sculptures, and more. You can find detailed information on all of that over at our Kickstarter page.

Even if you decide not to become a backer, we would also definitely love your support in just helping to spread the word about "Little Guys... In Space!" by inviting others to this Facebook event, or by leaving us a comment over on

, MOCpages or Bricks In Motion. It's exciting to be putting together a new film, and I'm really looking forward to experimenting with all kinds of crazy new LEGO stop-motion tricks and techniques.

A big thank-you to all of you who are already backers, and thanks to everyone else in advance for your support!

Edited by Paganomation

I used to always love your videos, and still subscribed too this day. The original little guys was just so great. :wub: I also love the Space police logs and how you eventually did behind the scenes. I too want to start to make my own animations one day, but first need to find a nice camera once I stop buying so much lego. :grin:

Edited by The Blue Brick

I used to always love your videos, and still subscribed too this day. The original little guys was just so great. :wub: I also love the Space police logs and how you eventually did behind the scenes. I too want to start to make my own animations one day, but first need to find a nice camera once I stop buying so much lego. :grin:

Hey, thanks for your kind words! Glad to hear you enjoy our work. With this new film, we're aware of (and intimidated by) the fact that people dig the original "Little Guys!" film, and we have a lot to live up to.

Regarding animation cameras: fortunately, you don't need a very expensive camera to start animating. You can start with a pretty cheap HD webcam for around $50 USD.

Or, if you're an iPhone user, LEGO actually just came out with this new Stop-Motion app: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/lego-super-hero-movie-maker/id516001587?mt=8&affId=2078443

Or, if you're an iPhone user, LEGO actually just came out with this new Stop-Motion app: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/lego-super-hero-movie-maker/id516001587?mt=8&affId=2078443

I've used an iPad app too, had onion skinning and everything. I'll have to look up the name but it was inexpensive and worked very well. The problem with iPhone/iPad/webcam is the lack of manual control that can create color shifts.

(also I love your work paganomation)

The problem with iPhone/iPad/webcam is the lack of manual control that can create color shifts.

(also I love your work paganomation)

Thanks! :classic: To me, the biggest problem with the iPhone/iPad stop-motion approach is that you have to physically touch the camera (the device) to capture a frame. That's kind of a big deal -- you can't be touching, and potentially moving, your camera all the time. Someone needs to create some kind of USB dongle with a "take image" button on it.

That is a great point. The touch on these devices is less-likely to create camera shake as the pushing of a shutter button on a camera, but it is still a real issue. A person could use a Gorrillapod and/or build a LEGO device to keep the tablet steady and prevent shake, as much as possible. Luckily the screens are sensitive and don't take a hard press to trigger the camera "shutter"