Bonaparte

EB Event Billund 2012

med_gallery_1771_104_74448.jpg

The one stop place for all your event info!

1/ Where, when, what:

Get ready for our next event, this time in the heart of the LEGO universe: Billund, Denmark.

The event is Thursday 10th of May, Friday 11th of May and Saturday 12th of May, so most of us will arrive on Wednesday late afternoon and go travel back on Sunday morning.

The program will be a mixture of visiting LEGOLAND, fun contests, visiting interesting places at Billund, presentation/discussion about Eurobricks and the online community (always on Friday evening) and much more. The full program will only be revealed in Billund, but those who have already been to our events know it'll be awesome.

2/ Accommodation

We stay in comfortable wooden chalets in a lovely camping near a lake at 5 min walk from LEGO. The L5-chalets all have living room/kitchen, a bathroom (shower/toilet), and 2 bed rooms (one with 2 box mattresses and one with a cot and one bunk bed (two beds over/under each other)), so 5 beds per chalet.

Prices:

• Chalet (L5): 765 DKK/night (normal price is 850 DKK, Eurobricks gets 10% discount)
  • Camping card (one needed per chalet): 110 DKK
  • Breakfast: 70 DKK/day (optional, but I assume everyone will want breakfast)
  • Bed Linen/Towels: 65 DKK (optional, you can also bring this yourself)

I've added an example a bit later in this post so you'll see how to calculate your total cost for the stay.

Booking and payment:

To make this practical we'll do this in a decentralized way. Per chalet one person needs to be the 'chalet responsible'. This person will collect the money from the other people in the chalet and will be responsible for the reservation and payment of the chalet to the camping. Payment is to be done shortly after reservation (you pay directly to the camping, not to us!).

Each 'chalet responsible' should send an e-mail to the Camping containing: name, address, telephone number, how many persons there are in the chalet, the type of chalet (=L5-Chalet) and refer to "Eurobricks LEGO Event 2012" – then you get the discount of 10% on the price of the chalet. Also state the number of people in your chalet who want to hire bedlinen/towels and take breakfast. The camping will send back a confirmation of the reservation and a link for online payment.

Chalet responsible:

We'll work out who'll be the chalet responsibles in the sign-up thread. Please indicated in the sign-up thread if you'd be OK to be a chalet responsible or rather not. We prefer people who already came to past events to take the role of chalet responsible over people who we've never met before. Also in that thread you can work out with whom you'd like to share a chalet.

If you become chalet responsible you should get in touch with the other people in your chalet (by Personal Messenger) and give instructions on how they can send you the money. Once you have collected all the money you can make the reservation and payment to the camping. Ultimately it's up to you how you do this, as long as you agree with the people in your chalet.

To make life easy I've made an example email for booking a chalet. Find it below in this post.

Address and Contact:

Billund FDM Camping

Ellehammers Allé 2

DK-7190 Billund

Tel.: +45 75 33 15 21

Fax: +45 75 35 37 36

E-mail: c-billund@fdm.dk

3/ Sign-up for the event:

Go here to sign-up for the event.

4/ Some examples:

Example calculation of the total cost for your stay (assuming a full chalet):

I'll take myself as an example:

I'll stay the entire event, so 4 nights, in a chalet with 4 other people (so full chalet, 5 people in total), that makes (765 DKK x 4)/5 = 612 DKK. I'll also take breakfast each day, making the total 612 DKK + (70 x 4) = 900 DKK. Also I'll take the bedlinen and towels, so 900 DKK + 65 DKK = 965 DKK. Now I only need to pay my share of the camping card (one needed per chalet), so 965 DKK + (110 /5) = 987 DKK.

That makes my grand total 987 DKK, or after conversion (using xe.com) that makes roughly 133 EUR.

Pretty cheap considering all that's included :thumbup:

Example email for booking a chalet (only for 'chalet responsibles'):

To: c-billund@fdm.dk

Title: Eurobricks LEGO Event 2012

Dear,

I'd like to book a L5-chalet for the Eurobricks LEGO event 2012. We will arrive late afternoon Wednesday 9th of May and leave on the morning of Sunday 13th of May, so 4 nights in total. There will be a total of 5 persons in the chalet. All 5 of us take breakfast while bedlinen/towels are needed for 3 persons only. We'll pay everything in advance, so please send me the total bill (including chalet, breakfast, bedlinen/towels and one camping card).

My contact info:

Joe Smith

Forestlane 210, 3020 UK

Mobile: +49-45.66.44

Best Regards,

Joe

Here are a few pictures to give you an impression of the place where we'll stay:

med_gallery_822_11_35313.jpg

med_gallery_822_11_17632.jpg

med_gallery_822_11_62779.jpg

More pictures are here.

Very good idea to get the date for next years event allready. I will come! After getting my third son in 4 years, this summer, there will be no child-birht to get in the way of the Eurobricks event 2012. It lookes like you had a lot of fun this year, sorry i could not make it. I will make up for it in 2012.

Morten

As I said during the event, I hope I will be able to attend but it depends on my exam time table.

I have no idea at this stage. I'm pretty strapped for cash sadly, and I could barely afford this years meet AND BrickCon this year.

I'm going to have to decide which I can really afford to do. The face of Sir Norman Ray is expected in too many place me thinks.

-Sir Norman "Anybody spare me a few grand?" Ray.

Are these dates summery enough? :tongue: I am on strict instructions to come back to Europe in summer.

In any case I really really would love to come, so add me into the "Dreaming about it" pile! :excited:

Except for Legoworld in Copenhagen 2011 this might very well become my first REAL Brick Event.

Depending on different things naturally. Cash flow, important gigs, family and stuff, but

that Dream About It-pile sounds perfect so far! :classic:

i expect to come from Wednesday to Sunday.

Me too, me too! :drool:(oh, I used Hinckleys personal smiley)

After getting my third son in 4 years, this summer, there will be no child-birth to get in the way of the Eurobricks event 2012.

Maybe not this summer, but what about next summer? default_devg1.gif

I'll definitely be there. (assuming no serious illness or natural disasters get in the way) :grin:

Very good idea to get the date for next years event allready. I will come! After getting my third son in 4 years, this summer, there will be no child-birht to get in the way of the Eurobricks event 2012. It lookes like you had a lot of fun this year, sorry i could not make it. I will make up for it in 2012.

Maybe not this summer, but what about next summer? default_devg1.gif

Next summer it's probably time to get some daughters after all those sons. :devil_laugh:

I'm good to go on those dates. 10th of May is birthday too, so extra nice day.

Will be there all days. Bringing at least one of my sons.

After having such an amazing time this year, I'm pretty sure we'll be trying our absolute best to make it to Billund. After all it's Billund :cry_happy: with the promise of meeting so many fabulous people again and for the first time, and some guaranteed great fun. :grin:

It's too soon to be able to say for definite, but knowing the dates early on is a huge help when it comes to organising time off work etc.

Add us to the "dreaming and hoping" pile. :excited:

Put me down for a 'very likely'. I've been to Legoland Billund in 2005, so about time to visit again. A little tour behind the scenes would be nice, or some discount in the lego shop :)

Hi

Super that the dates are given in good time. That really helps out on the planning side.

I will definitely come, as I still work in Billund :laugh:

all the best Henning M.

PS! Remember to go have a looksee under events, about the LEGOFan weekend in september here in Denmark.

I will for sure come to next years Event. I will never miss an Event again.

I would definitely be up for it, and hopefully I can afford it this time. Would be nice to travel outside of a crate.

Wohooo!

Not sure about vacations and such yet, as I am about to move and therefore find a new job.

Not the Village - go here instead.

The huts are great and we can use the facilities in the Village as well.

I can communicate with the camping site, if we choose to go there instead.

Are there any low-cost airlines to Denmark? (from Vienna or from Eastern Europe). :sceptic:

Billund Airport

Did a small search:

clicky

Thanks KimT! I gave the camping a call and it seems like the right place to stay (cheaper and nicer than the village!).

So here's an update after my call with the camping (also added to the first post):

We will stay in Billund FDM Camping where they have very nice wooden chalets (5 beds per chalet) with bathroom. The price per night/chalet is around 100 Euro's (725 Danish Krone). Our cabins will be the Type L5 - Comfort and they have around 40 of those in total.

Payments: We will (later) need to make a list of people per cabin and have one responsible for each cabin. This cabin responsible will get the full bill (to be paid in advance, max 14 days after booking) and will collect the money from his roommates. For each cabin responsible we'll need: name, address, email, tel nr, number of people in the cabin.