Sign in to follow this  
Captain Pirate Man

Video Review- Imperial Trading Post set #6277

Hello everyone, it's been a couple of weeks since my last review, been battling some ailments that took a toll on my voice. Not to mention that I have really been taking some of the comments I've gotten around here to heart. I am proud to say that I think I have solved most of the problems that have hindered my previous reviews. This review has filmed and uploaded in full 1080 HD. I hope this is the first of many higher quality reviews.

Here it is, The Imperial Trading Post

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

Man if i could own a vintage pirate set.....IT WOULD BE THAT ONE pirate_laugh2.gif

It's great for sure, but IMO Rock Island Refuge and Eldorado Fortress are slightly better. I don't own EF as of yet. But just the way it is desinged, I would put it at the #2 spot. #1 goes to Rock Island Refuge IMO. Its just so unique.

But for sure, this set is awesome as well. I can't wait to really build off of it, make a HUGE Red Coat Fort, with this as the template.

@Azog,

On a personal note, I've heard you talk about buying or already bought The Imperial Flagship, Queen Annes Revenge, and The Black Pearl. So clearly you are willing to spend some money to get the sets you want. So you should definitely add this to your list.

So you think this one is a must buy to go with my list? No I have plenty of money to go around pir_laugh2.gif, Thanks for the video it was one of the better reviews i have seen of this set and you went into the details of the set along with your opinions! EF is definitely a beautiful set that's why i'm trying to make it myself! I own both the fort and the outpost from the 2015 pirate wave....all i need is the baseplate and a couple more pieces to finish it off!

Great review.

This set is on my wanted list but as you say at the end of the video it is quite expensive.

At the moment my priority is getting 6285 BSB, 6270 FI and 6251 PM sets. Once I have those ill have the entire 1989 launch range.

The Eldorado Fort is great. It was my first Pirate set as a kid and the first one I bought again when I got back into collecting.

I've seen someone selling both the EF and ITP together recently. They had modified the sets slightly so there was a bridge connecting the fort and trading post together as one big base.

Personally I think they should have kept the bluecoats imperials when they released the trading post and other imperial stuff from that time. Changing to redcoats was a little unnecessary I think.

Is it possible that you can just order all the pieces from the ITP from bricklink? And also does anyone know the baseplate piece number?

Is it possible that you can just order all the pieces from the ITP from bricklink? And also does anyone know the baseplate piece number?

I'm sure you probably can, but it might be to your advantage to substitute some of the bricks. Like the printed bricks for example, those are the only rare pieces from this set. If that doesn't matter to you, I'm sure you can get nonprinted pieces quite a bit cheaper.

As for the baseplate, I think there were only a couple of variations. It's not difficult to find the actual one on Bricklink. But they can be fairly pricey. Not OMG expensive, but probably 50 bucks or so including shipping for an undamaged one.

I actually asked a few people in here if it is cheaper bricklinking the pieces vs buying the whole set, before I bought it. The general consensus seemed to be buying the whole set TENDS to be cheaper. Or at least pretty damn close, but a LOT easier (lot less research). But to be honest, given this set is only 500 or so pieces, I actually think you could probably Bricklink it cheaper, rather than buying the actual set. Especially if you don't mind substituting for nonprinted pieces, and don't want the EXACT minifigs. Steve and the Admiral will cost a few bucks just for them.

The other thing that is really expensive are the sails. They are about 80 bucks for all of them on BL and some are almost not available. I just got the few missing pieces I needed to complete mine besides Steve, the Admiral, and the sails. I made my own sails out of canvas and went without the two minifigs. I find it interesting that the minifigs were gone, must have traded them to friends when I was young.

The other thing that is really expensive are the sails. They are about 80 bucks for all of them on BL and some are almost not available. I just got the few missing pieces I needed to complete mine besides Steve, the Admiral, and the sails. I made my own sails out of canvas and went without the two minifigs. I find it interesting that the minifigs were gone, must have traded them to friends when I was young.

I forgot about the sails. Yes I could see those being expensive.

I just watched your review and you did a very nice job. One thing though is that those extra pieces you have are supposed to go next to the building on the dock so that when the plank is lowered it sits level.

Nice review, I really want this set. I'm just not willing to pay the after sale price... still hoping to find one in an attic someday.

I just watched your review and you did a very nice job. One thing though is that those extra pieces you have are supposed to go next to the building on the dock so that when the plank is lowered it sits level.

Oh really??? I must have missed that when putting it together, thanks.

Nice review. In my opinion, this is the best Pirates set ever made. So many things going on in one set. pirate_classic.gif

Nice review. In my opinion, this is the best Pirates set ever made. So many things going on in one set. pirate_classic.gif

Thanks man. The best huh? I tend to lead more to ships than forts myself, but this is a nice one for sure. It's really hard for me to pick a favorite between this one, Eldorado, and Rock Island they are all great in their own ways. But I do think those are the best 3, not counting ships of course.

Talking about (Best) from that Era is Difficult. Lego back then had many Great Pirate sets and can be considered as (Best)...

The ITP is can be considered as great set , but best ( Talking about Fortress Set ) will be the set 6273....;)

Talking about (Best) from that Era is Difficult. Lego back then had many Great Pirate sets and can be considered as (Best)...

The ITP is can be considered as great set , but best ( Talking about Fortress Set ) will be the set 6273....;)

Hard to disagree with that. I just bought Eldorado, I have NEVER owned that one before, so I may change my mind after I put that one together

The rock island is easily the best pirate base ever made

After FINALLY buying Eldorado, I would rank the BIG 3 as follows:

1. Rock Island Refuge

2. Eldorado Fortress

3. Imperial Trading Post

Even though I put the ITP 3rd, does not lessen how much I like it. It just means if push comes to shove, I like the other two a bit more.

1. Rock Island Refuge

2. Eldorado Fortress

3. Imperial Trading Post

Even though I put the ITP 3rd, does not lessen how much I like it. It just means if push comes to shove, I like the other two a bit more.

Eldorado fortress is a beautiful set and personally I don't think any fortress for the "good guys" can ever replace it

1. Rock Island Refuge

2. Eldorado Fortress

3. Imperial Trading Post

Exactly, as my thinking :-)

1. Rock Island Refuge

2. Eldorado Fortress

3. Imperial Trading Post

Combining the EF and ITP would put the Imperial base on a par with the RIR and probably slightly better! ;)

Combining the EF and ITP would put the Imperial base on a par with the RIR and probably slightly better! ;)

I thought about doing that, but I can't mix the red coats and blue coats. They HATE each other, lol.