Sign in to follow this  
turtleman2020

Deeplinking backwards

Everytime I deeplink a picture the picture goes to the top of my post. As a result I have to deeplink my pictures backwards, the last pic first and the first one last etc. Has anyone else had this problem, more importantly can somebody help?

I am not familiar with this problem, but it might help if you provided your operating system and browser version. Are you using the 'insert image' button of the editor to deeplink images?

Even if it doesn't solve your problem, you still should be able to copy-paste the images in the correct order as you go regardless of the order you deeplink them in.

I have noticed this as well. Windows 7, IE 9, the insert image button puts the code at the top of the page insead of where it should be.

Edited by gotoAndLego

I have windows 7 and IE 9 so should I just continue doing it backwards?

If I were you I'd just download Google Chrome.

Edited by purpleparadox

This happens to me on my phone browser occasionally, but I know what it is. With a phone you need to scroll up to get to the insert image button and sometimes your cursor moves due to your finger movement.

I'm guessing IE is defaulting the cursor to the beginning of the post when you leave the text box and click the button. With all the known issues with IE I honestly think switching to another browser is the best solution, whether it's chrome or firefox or something else.

I'm guessing IE is defaulting the cursor to the beginning of the post when you leave the text box and click the button. With all the known issues with IE I honestly think switching to another browser is the best solution, whether it's chrome or firefox or something else.

As much as everyone loves to blame IE, in this case it's because Eurobricks serves broken HTML to Internet Explorer. If you click the "This page is broken" icon in the IE9 address bar (just to the left of refresh) this issue will go away (IE will render the HTML the way IE6 did), as well as a whole bunch of other weird issues throughout the site.

As much as everyone loves to blame IE, in this case it's because Eurobricks serves broken HTML to Internet Explorer. If you click the "This page is broken" icon in the IE9 address bar (just to the left of refresh) this issue will go away (IE will render the HTML the way IE6 did), as well as a whole bunch of other weird issues throughout the site.

'Broken' HTML is in the eye of the beholder! :wink: But yes, IE9 is finicky. Here's our resident expert's statement on these issues.

'Broken' HTML is in the eye of the beholder! :wink: But yes, IE9 is finicky. Here's our resident expert's statement on these issues.

I think the W3C validator might disagree on that! :wink: Personally I don't care much, as I know the workaround, but the overall experience for users of Eurobricks would probably be better if one of the methods for auto-flagging the site as requiring compatability with old versions of IE were used, rather than relying on posts in this forum or just pointing people towards other browsers. Assuming, that is, there isn't an easy fix available for the actual forum software itself.