mfeldt

LDraw parts - some of them have problems

Hello,

yesterday I encountered a strange problem when importing a .ldr file into LeoCad. It simply wouldn't show my 2 x 3 plate with hole, ldraw part 3176.dat. The part renders fine in MLCad, LDCad, LDView and the like, but it shows only the 4 studs in LIC (instruction creator) and LeoCad's part window, while not showing at all in the rendered models using the latter two. You can see the difference in the two images attached.

My question is - is this a known phenomenon? Are more parts affected than just this one? How can a part like this be used in LeoCad or LIC?

Thx

m.

post-136685-0-63558300-1444311648_thumb.png

post-136685-0-84943100-1444311663_thumb.png

Are you sure Leocad is using the 2014-02 LDraw library as that part depends on it.

LeoCad is using the same version of lDraw as the other programs, from what I can see it's dating from 2014. It's the Linux version of LeoCad, I may add.

And as said, LIC has the same problem... strange.

Edited by mfeldt

Actually i started thinking along the same line - maybe its related to the fact that it's a Linux version while lDraw is a windows version in a .wine directory on an ext4 filesystem. I'll need to check if something is special with that particular part.