Sign in to follow this  
Dark Sword Ragnarok

The Arwing MK I

indexed.gif

Hey all!

DSR here, with something new! My latest MOC, The Arwing Mark 1. (I say mark one because I'm sure I will mod it later. :thumbup: ) It has many of the Starfox attributes, like the moving wings, dual repeating laver cannons underneath the ship, and the G-Diffusers on the back( in-game, the blue part). I decided, since I came across a Hinkley head, he would be a perfect Jedi pilot for this. My Hinkley has a custom cape made from a Magnaguard cape, folded and cut extra holes and used permanent marker to make the shoulder pad things. Hope you like your Star Warsy, suave self, Hink!

I would also like to dedicate this MOC to someone. His name is Eric, and he was just 19 years old when just this tuesday, he fell asleep at the wheel whild driving to work, and was involved in a deadly collision with an oak tree. His funeral was Saturday. Sadly, there was no body, because the car set on fire. I only knew him because my little sister is friends with his sister. Eric, you will always be in our hearts, and we will never forget you.

Here's some pics, before you go to my Flickr.

arwingresize.jpg

2940976408_791f5ff5f5_o.jpg

2936539965_c04ca3bef2.jpg

2936534227_ecdb284a59.jpg

2936531379_8b384b3486.jpg

2937382874_1d009069aa.jpg

2936538001_5e9bde8339.jpg

2936540945_5bb9ebdb08.jpg

Hope you enjoy! Also, I hope to star dedicating all my big MOC's to people, or other things.

DSR

EDIT: Got rid of the poll because no one bothered to vote anyway. Hope you enjoy!

Edited by Dark Sword Ragnarok
Indexed

Nice ship :classic: It has a design quite similar to the gundam seed robots.I like the color you used for it and the partly resemblance to the x-wing!

I'm always impressed to see a younger builder with such a high skill level. What a great ship! Any chance you can post a picture of the inspiration? I'm not familiar with the game. You did base this off of a video game, right? I think I'm reading everything correctly, but you never know... Anyway, thanks for putting me in minus the 'c' (it's spelled HinCkley). I think I do look rather like a badass jedi! :sweet: I do look like I have breasts with that Yoda torso, but hey-you can't win them all. Lastly, I'd like to conclude by stating that everyone's MOCs could benefit from me as the fig. :grin:

Thanks Hinckley (Holy crap, can't believe I spellled it wrong, feel free to correct it! So sorry!)

Here's an inspiration pic: ArwingBox.jpg

And you're right, you do look badass, and do make a compliment in any MOC. And you DO look like you've got some cleavage, but whatever. Look at your hairdo insead!

Thanks a lot everyone, expect a lot more from mee soon!

DSR

Must resist nerdy Starfox reference....okay, I can't...

"FOX DO A BARREL ROLL!"

:laugh: Anyways, great moc! perhaps we'll see some pics at different building stages?

haha i remember playing Star Fox on my N64 and that's when the Arwing popped up. Good MOC btw.

Actually, the original Star Fox was on the NES, then on the Super NES. Then there was one that was never released until recently on the internet in the form of an emulator game for PC, and the japan-only one. THEN there was the one for N64, then Adventure and Assault on the Gamecube, and most recently, Command for the DS. Hopefully one will be released for the Wii. :thumbup: But, most likely not.

Must resist nerdy Starfox reference....okay, I can't...

"FOX DO A BARREL ROLL!"

:laugh: Anyways, great moc! perhaps we'll see some pics at different building stages?

Shh... I was going to include that in a comic, but you ruined the surprise.... oh well, this is what was going to be said:

Hink: I'm loving this new ship, Jack!

Jack: Great, I'm glad you're enjoying one of the ACES masterpieces!

Hink: There's only one small problem with it.

Jack: What's that?

Hink: That astromech keeps telling me to do a barrel roll for some strange reason. It annoys the hell out of me.

Jack: At least it's not yelling "use the brakes" or "press Z or R twice" or something.

Hink: What?

Jack: ......Nevermind, Hinckley.

"PRESS Z OR R TWICE"

"CHECK YOUR G-DIFFUSORS"

Anyway, good moc, but I pefered the original colors.

I don't have enough parts in the original colors. Besides, it looks like it fits in ore with the SW theme with these colors.

Thanks for the comments!

DSR

I'm always impressed to see a younger builder with such a high skill level. What a great ship! Any chance you can post a picture of the inspiration? I'm not familiar with the game. You did base this off of a video game, right? I think I'm reading everything correctly, but you never know... Anyway, thanks for putting me in minus the 'c' (it's spelled HinCkley). I think I do look rather like a badass jedi! :sweet: I do look like I have breasts with that Yoda torso, but hey-you can't win them all. Lastly, I'd like to conclude by stating that everyone's MOCs could benefit from me as the fig. :grin:

So you think Young builders arent as smart as old? Very intresting...We could have a competition to see. That would actually be a fun competition. :thumbup:

I see you made your plan Ragnarok. Go Starwolf!

I love the playability of the set.

Yeah, it does have a lot of playability in it. It even has lightsaber holders on the underside of the nose.

So you think Young builders arent as smart as old? Very intresting...We could have a competition to see. That would actually be a fun competition. :thumbup:

I see you made your plan Ragnarok. Go Starwolf!

I think what he means is that, usually, younger MOCers aren't as experienced. I actually take it as a compliment. I'm strange in a way that whatever I build (or write, for that matter) isn't good enough, or looks/sounds cheesy/strange. It's always good to hear that I did good with something.

Also, by plan, you mean my original plan to make Star Fox vehicles, right? If so, then yes, I suppose I have!

Thanks for all the support, EB! It makes all the difference.

DSR

Very nice fighter! Reminds me of a gray Starfox Arwing.

hegiantisopod128630660826377119.jpg

And I think young skilled MOCers are actually becoming more and more common in the AFOL community, it's no surprise to me when I see a builder younger than like 16 with a superb MOC. It would surprise me if anyone younger then, say, 10 or 11 was a quality, mature builder, though.

Edited by Dr. X

Very nice fighter! Reminds me of a gray Starfox Arwing.

hegiantisopod128630660826377119.jpg

And I think young skilled MOCers are actually becoming more and more common in the AFOL community, it's no surprise to me when I see a builder younger than like 16 with a superb MOC. It would surprise me if anyone younger then, say, 10 or 11 was a quality, mature builder, though.

Heh, it is a gray Starfox Arwing. It's great (I think) that there are more skilled young FOL's in our community. It gives hope to us youngins that we can do just as good as everyone else.

DSR

This is a really cool Star Wars MOC. You have done a great job creating this. I really lik the custom Luke Skywalker you have made.

This is a really cool Star Wars MOC. You have done a great job creating this. I really lik the custom Luke Skywalker you have made.

Thanks. It isn't based on Star Wars originally, though, and that isn't Luke Skywalker, it's Hinckley, one of the Admins here. No offense, but you should probably read the first post before replying next time. Just a tip! :wink:

Another fine MOC, but again I fail to see how this is related to Star Wars.

I am aware that Star Fox was a bootleg with heavy reference to Star Wars, but that doesn't make it Star Wars.

Another fine MOC, but again I fail to see how this is related to Star Wars.

I am aware that Star Fox was a bootleg with heavy reference to Star Wars, but that doesn't make it Star Wars.

As I said before, it IS inspired by Star Fox, but has SW-styled weapons, an astromech, lightsaber holders on the underside, and a Jedi pilot. It's plenty well related to SW. It even has the same color scheme as the CW, pretty much.

I would have you in a MOC, but I don't have a Santa beard. :tongue: Feel free to send me one thoug, I'd be glad to have a MOC focused on you!

DSR

EDIT: Wait, how was Star Fox a bootleg of SW? I could be wrong, but Star Fox could be just the way the original title translated from Japanese. And thinking back, I don't see many references to anything from SW.

As I said before, it IS inspired by Star Fox, but has SW-styled weapons, an astromech, lightsaber holders on the underside, and a Jedi pilot. It's plenty well related to SW. It even has the same color scheme as the CW, pretty much.

Mkay, I'll let you live a little while longer.

I would have you in a MOC, but I don't have a Santa beard. :tongue: Feel free to send me one thoug, I'd be glad to have a MOC focused on you!

You don't have a white beard? Sheesh :hmpf:

EDIT: Wait, how was Star Fox a bootleg of SW? I could be wrong, but Star Fox could be just the way the original title translated from Japanese. And thinking back, I don't see many references to anything from SW.
The Star Fox series (スターフォックス, Sutā Fokkusu?) is a successful video game franchise owned by Nintendo. The original game was a forward-scrolling 3D Sci-Fi rail shooter. Later sequels added more directional freedom as the series progressed. The title was based on the Star Wars series, but not a part of the series.

And there's a more elaborate description of the bootleggin part somewhere on the internet. I found it when googling the names of your ships to find any Star Wars resemblance :grin:

"My Emporer! I've failed you!"

Great MOC! Great exacution! REally well done, really insipired. Love the colorscheme and the nose is really nice. The rubber band is a nice touch too. :thumbup:

Edited by Zepher

1.Mkay, I'll let you live a little while longer.

2.You don't have a white beard? Sheesh :hmpf:

3.And there's a more elaborate description of the bootleggin part somewhere on the internet. I found it when googling the names of your ships to find any Star Wars resemblance :grin:

1.Hooray, I live another day!

2. No, no I don't. :tongue:

3. Oh, well, that seems weird, since the only thing similar is that it has "Star" in the title. So, is everything with the word "Star" in the title is a SW bootleg? :grin:

Ah, who cares. It's still a cool MOC, right? Right!?

1."My Emporer! I've failed you!"

2.Great MOC! Great exacution! Really well done, really insipired. Love the colorscheme and the nose is really nice. The rubber band is a nice touch too. :thumbup:

1.Haha, which boss is that, Oinkinny on the first level of Assault? Oh wait, no, he says something about failing his uncle Andross. It must just be from the first boss of 64, then, right? When you blow up his walker? If not, then it HAS to be the seccond level of 64, when you destroy that big ship.

2. Thanks. I like the color scheme, too. Also, the nose was one of the hardest parts! I used the same technique on the Wolfen. The rubber band is actually holding it together. Otherwise, it was kind of seperated weird. But it does add a nice accent!

Thanks again.

DSR

nice... :classic::classic:

Thanks for the, umm, detailed post. May want to edit that before KimT kills you.

Well, thanks. Enjoy you time at Eurobricks, however long that may be, knowing KimT anyway...

DSR