The Summer Of Friends Building Contest!
Get your thinking caps on and builders fingers at the ready, because the Summer of Friends Building Contest is here!
There are FOUR categories to this contest:
Category 1 - Vehicles
The Friends line has introduced a number of vehicles, but we're greedy and we want to see moar! For this category all you have to do is build any type of Friends inspired vehicle of any size, as long as it is minidoll scale. If there's no link to Friends or it's not a vehicle (we're thinking helicopters, trucks, motorbikes, boats), it won't count, but aside from that, anything goes.
Category 2 - Rooms
We've seen a few of the girls' bedrooms, heck we saw a houseful of Friends rooms in Olivia's House, so why not add your own room? This could be anything from a bedroom for one of the other girls to a basement or garage, attic, sauna, you name it - as long as it would be considered a room in real life and there's some link to Friends, it's eligible. It has to be 16x16 studs and to have at least two walls, although these may be cut away to show us the details inside.
Category 3 - Cross-themes (3A = 16x16; 3B = 32x32)
This is our wildcard! We want Friends everywhere! The vast variety of new parts, newly coloured pieces and minidolls can be integrated with any other LEGO theme, so show us how it's done! Will you have Emma swashbuckling with Pirates? Or Stephanie joining the Avengers in Licensed? Or maybe Friends from Space in Sci Fi? Just pick any other LEGO theme, blend it with Friends, build a 16x16 scene, or a 32x32 scene, of it and post it in the relevant other forum!
Category 4 - Animals
A lot of the sets and themes for Friends revolves around animals; we've had puppy houses, pet patrols, a veterinary surgery, dog shows, stables... so many things. We'd like you to create something new. Suggestions include a kennels or cattery, a petting zoo or even a pet cemetery, but let your imagination run wild. This category is 16x16 and must be related to animals in some way.
**It is NOT compulsory to include the Friends Minidolls in ANY of the building categories; there are plenty of other ways of building in the Friends style, so be creative!**
In addition to the rules above, we have some general rules:
- Entries must be posted by 23:59(GMT) August 31st 2012
- One entry per member per category. Members may enter both categories 3A and 3B.
- Entries should be new and not have been posted anywhere previously.
- All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
- Decals will be allowed if you've made them yourself, but no cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.
- Entries for Categories 1, 2 and 4 should be posted in their own entry topic in the Town forum. The title of the topic should begin with "SoF:" and then give the name of the entry. The subtitle should state the category.
- Entries for Category 3 only should be posted in the relevant other Eurobricks forum. The title of the topic should begin with "SoF:" and then give the name of the entry. The subtitle should state either Category 3A for 16x16 builds or Category 3B for 32x32 builds.
- The entry post (first post in your entry topic) may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish.
- Entries are to consist of no more than 5 posted pictures of 800x600 or smaller resolution but may also include a link to a folder of additional images of any size.
- No photoshopping backgrounds or packaging.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow these rules.
The winners will be voted for by Eurobricks members who have been members of EB prior to the start of Summer of Friends.
Remember that Friends isn't just about bright colours and minidolls; it's the high level of detailing that also marks out the Friends sets, so the more details the better!
We have a load of the first wave of Friends sets to give away, plus a whole host of other Friends related goodies, and all we want to do is give them away to you!