WhiteFang

Bionicle 2009 Discussion (Spam free)

To all Bionicle fans and lovers in Eurobricks,

With the recent spam fest happening over in the previous discussion, I am extremely disappointed with many members that showed inconsideration towards other fellow members by clogging and spamming the entire discussion thread, more than 5 pages worth of spam content.

To give this discussion a deserving new look, I have decided to start a brand new discussion pertaining to Bionicle 2009. Although I am not a Bionicle collector, but I done a little bit of research and reading of the current Bionicle sets. Therefore, I will like members whom wished to contribute in this discussion could assist me, by informing me, if the first post is up to date, with the correct images' coverage for Bioncle collectors in Eurobricks.

I am viewing this discussion, similar to other discussion threads in Eurobricks, and I will not want to see a similar incident ever happened again. Trust me, be responsible and considerate. Doing such stunts, even on impulse, doesn't help to contribute. Instead, trouble will come knocking on your door. I will assure all of you down here, that I will not give any chance if repeat offenders are to ignore my words and start spamming up this discussion topic. As long the discussion is related to this topic agenda, it shall be continued to be discussed in the approriate manner.

Thanks for your patience and may the discussion continue once more.

WhiteFang

All pictures here can be found in this Gallery, where non-resized pics and other Bionicle related stuff will be uploaded as well.

Bionicle 2009 Other News and Stuff

gallery_101_26_6893.jpg

The Legend Reborn Poster / Magazine scan (picture is link to high resolution picture)

Bionicle 2009 Latest Set images

8984-1.jpg

8984: Stronius

8985-1.jpg

8985: Ackar

8986-1.jpg

8986: Vastus

8987-1.jpg

8987: Kiina

8988-1.jpg

8988: Gelu

8989-1.jpg

8989: Mata Nui

8972-1.jpg

8972: Atakus

8973-1.jpg

8973: Raanu

8974-1.jpg

8974: Tarduk

8975-1.jpg

8975: Berix

8976-1.jpg

8976: Metus

8977-1.jpg

8977: Zesk

8978-1.jpg

8978: Skrall

8979-1.jpg

8979: Malum

8980-1.jpg

8980: Gresh

8981-1.jpg

8981: Tarix

8982-1.jpg

8982: Strakk

8983-1.jpg

8983: Vorox

8990-1.jpg

8990: Fero and Skirmix

8991-1.jpg

8991: Tuma

8992-1.jpg

8992: Cendox V1

kaxium_v3.jpg

8993: Kaxium V3

baranus_v7.jpg

8994: Baranus V7

thornatus_v9.jpg

8995: Thornatus V9

skopio_xv-1.jpg

8996: Skopio XV-1

titan_mata.jpg

8998: Toa Mata Nui

brickmaster.jpg

20009: Click

Edited by WhiteFang
Added 8992 image

::commandeers library computer::

Argh! I leave for a second, and... lol.

Dang, I want Mata Nui even more now.

Behave.. see you in a month or more. >__<

Jinzo! Love and best wishes from EB! =D

I had not seen those CG images... they're in the style that was introduced last year I think, and it's pretty horrible. =P The sets, however, look more glorious with each actual well-taken pic (thanks DV!), and has left me badly wanting Mata Nui and Ackar. Gelu is simple and of old design, but he pulls it off flawlessly, if not TOO excitingly. Vastus is a playground for modifying, and I like his ideas. The rest are eh.

That said, Ackar looks (and sounds!) like an eastern fire spirit, and Gelu like a Samurai/tiger warrior. Very tasty!

-Ikk

Haha. Hooray for library computers. Good to see Jinzo can at least occassionally still drop in to do important things and such xD

So basically these sets are amazing IMO. I am currently waiting for them to arrive, as I just ordered all six of the Legends on Friday night. Really hoping they arrive before this weekend, although I'm not counting on it.

And apparently contrary to most of the people here, Kiina looks like she's going to be my favorite, except maybe Mata Nui or Stronius. It's a tough call, I'll probably be unable to decide even when I have them in hand xD

I got the boxart for Cendox, Skopio, Kaxium, Baranus, and Thornatus, if you need pics of them. ;)

If they're not preliminary or confidential, then by all means do post them.

That was an interesting chapter...Kiina has a temper, and Agori can throw up... :look:

Whitefang - Thankyou for stopping the madness that was occurring in the other discussion topic, and kindly reopening a new one for the rest of us. I hope that kind of spamming never happens again.

I've collected some other set photos for the first post:

kaxium_v3.jpg

8993: Kaxium V3

baranus_v7.jpg

8994: Baranus V7

thornatus_v9.jpg

8995: Thornatus V9

skopio_xv-1.jpg

8996: Skopio XV-1

brickmaster.jpg

20009: Click - I'm not sure about this set number though, where did you find it?

titan_mata.jpg

8998: Toa Mata Nui

I've resized the pictures and put them on my Brickshelf. Feel free to copy them to yours if you'd prefer them to be in the same place as the other photos. :classic: I couldn't find a non-box version of Cendox though, but I'm sure there is one.

In regards to moderation of this forum, will you be keeping watch until JINZONINGEN is able to return?

EDIT: Just looking at the Thornatus picture I posted, I spotted tan vehicle pannels, and sideways long ball socket arms in black/grey. :sweet:

Edited by 3D Brickthing

Baranus and Skopio are definite must buys for me. The others don't interest me so much, especially Thornatus and his bare-bone design.

Bah, I obviously left to early last night. Spamming is bad enough, but it at least needs to relate to the subject in some way if it is intentional. Needless to say, the members got what they deserved.

Anywho, Glad to see we are back up and running.

As for Mott's colors her, it's obvious that he is yellow. The parts on him that were previously available in Mata Yellow are a lighter tone in that picture.

I purchased Ackar today, after intense internal debate between him and Stronius. I plan to purchase only one Legends this summer (and, hopefully, Jetrax when it's marked down to $20 in a month or so), so it was a big deal. The orange won me over.

But $14 for essentially the same set I purchased six of in 2006 was highly depressing.

Meh, the Inika build is what bothers me, its how it is used. Ackar, Kopaka Phantoka, etc. use the same design. Gresh, Mata Nui, etc. use it in a nice way, so I don't mind it.

PLus, you don't know how long I have been waiting for those parts n Mata Red. Now I just need to get Ackar and make the proper Jaller Inika.

When was this?

I remember Antrozek joking about some 2010 infor, and me saying that I am one of the poeple who generally gets the next years Bionicle info earlier, but I didn't acutally give away any details.

Could you find my quote to that exactly? Vertea asked me the same thing.

That was an interesting chapter...Kiina has a temper, and Agori can throw up... :look:

Whitefang - Thankyou for stopping the madness that was occurring in the other discussion topic, and kindly reopening a new one for the rest of us. I hope that kind of spamming never happens again.

I've collected some other set photos for the first post:

pics snipped

I've resized the pictures and put them on my Brickshelf. Feel free to copy them to yours if you'd prefer them to be in the same place as the other photos. :classic: I couldn't find a non-box version of Cendox though, but I'm sure there is one.

In regards to moderation of this forum, will you be keeping watch until JINZONINGEN is able to return?

EDIT: Just looking at the Thornatus picture I posted, I spotted tan vehicle pannels, and sideways long ball socket arms in black/grey. :sweet:

Thanks for the pics, I've resized them a little more and added them to the first post.

I'll make a Gallery here on EB containing all the pics in their "original" size.

I think the spam in here has caused all the mods and admins to give the Bionicle Forum some 'special attention' until Jinzo returns.

Man, one day we're talking about the Mata Nui titan set, and the next day a few members have turned the entire topic into a spamfest. Thanks for fixing the problem, Whitefang - and I especially appreciate you finding and posting those pictures up on the top of the page, even though you aren't a bionicle fan. :thumbup:

Anyway, out of all the Bionicle sets this year, I'll only be getting a select few: Tarix, Tuma, Ackar, Stronius, and of course, Mata Nui. I've already picked up Gresh, and the rest I'll probably be getting slowly over the rest of the year, starting with Tarix. Considering that I originally planned not to buy any bionicle this year, I'm kinda glad that I don't have an obligation to buy any sets that I don't like this year - unlike last year, where all 6 Toa Nuva were mandatory purchases (even though I didn't like half of them). Although, this year I like almost every set somewhat - so I'm buying only the sets that I feel need no major mods or really catch my eye. :wink:

Indeed it has. Seems like this is a forum that can't go without moderation.

I must ask, what is up with Mata Nui's thornax launcher?

Looks like a mess to me.

Thanks for the fix, Whitefang.

Only one mess up I noticed in the post is 8977: Zesk is labeled as 8977: Stronius. Zesk is the little tan set.

Jinzo!

But it's a new kind of panel, you'll notice. It's like a mix of the 2008 vehicle panels and the old fairings. You can see it better in the toyfair pics/on the dash of Skopio.

~Bunda

Edit @ VBBN: You mean Titan Mata Nui's? That whole set is a mess. XD

Edited by Bundalings

Edit @ VBBN: You mean Titan Mata Nui's? That whole set is a mess. XD

Well, true it may be, but I mean it is more of a block of parts than an actual weapon. It doesn't really help out the thornax launcher in anyway.

Maybe it is a supersized click?

Well, true it may be, but I mean it is more of a block of parts than an actual weapon. It doesn't really help out the thornax launcher in anyway.

Maybe it is a supersized click?

I think that may be the scarabax shield, just super sized.

Thanks for the fix, Whitefang.

Only one mess up I noticed in the post is 8977: Zesk is labeled as 8977: Stronius. Zesk is the little tan set.

Thanks and fixed.

As for the rest... no idea what you're talking about.

I don't speak 'bionicle' - enjoy guys and do behave in here :classic:

I think that may be the scarabax shield, just super sized.

Hah, it may be bigger, but it certainly isn't going to be blocking anymore firepower.

I wonder if I could buy two of these and make thim into an Exo-Toa suit for Mata nui here?

Thanks and fixed.

As for the rest... no idea what you're talking about.

I don't speak 'bionicle' - enjoy guys and do behave in here :classic:

:laugh:

I must say, althought the MN titan may not be good, it does seem like it could be with some heavy mods.

Hah, it may be bigger, but it certainly isn't going to be blocking anymore firepower.

I wonder if I could buy two of these and make thim into an Exo-Toa suit for Mata nui here?

:laugh:

I must say, althought the MN titan may not be good, it does seem like it could be with some heavy mods.

Yeah, I still don't see how the canister MN shield is a shield. It has too many holes. It's just a big cool blade.

Guys, this discussion is going good so far. :thumbup:

Although I don't understand Bionicle lingo or its content, but the ability to see the rest of you to discuss in a mature manner, made this new discussion topic much worthwhile than before. With regards to any update of the Bionicle related information in the first post, you could drop me a pm to inform me about it, and I will try to update it as soon as possible, providing to all of you a much organised and better overview.

Just a note, I will dropping by frequently from now on. :classic: