gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I'm a big fan of the show "Ace of Cakes" on Food Network here in America. I also found out that Duff Goldman, the star of the show and owner of Charm City Cakes bakery likes LEGO a lot. :thumbup:

Because I like the show so much I contacted them and offered to make them a mosaic of their logo.

3421472341_3647f44a3e.jpg

I also made a Miniland scale version of Duff Goldman

3422277872_cd8511b89b.jpg

After I sent it to them, they emailed me and said that they really liked it and would put it "in a place of honor." :sweet:

Then when I was watching the show last week I saw my model in the background by the front door! I was pretty excited to see it there. I contacted them again and asked if I could mention it on my blog.

They said "of course!"

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

What a great story! :sweet:

I always kind of enjoyed that show as well, and you did a lovely job with that mosaic. I bet it was pretty cool to sort of "see yourself" on T.V.

A nice and, ahem, very sweet work indeed. But it made me hungry... :tongue::thumbup:

How did you do that very fine thunderbolt?

Edited by Asuka

A nice and, ahem, very sweet work indeed. But it made me hungry... :tongue::thumbup:

How did you do that very fine thunderbolt?

Thanks Asuka.

After several attempts at a LEGO version, I decided to make a vinyl sticker for the thunderbolt part. It just didn't work out any other way (at least not at that size).

That´s very understandable and a pretty cool work nevertheless. :classic: