Mafia Sunset - Day 3: Hubris

Players only, please!

11895468354_a1fb349b2d_o.png

~~~

June 7th, 1985

The Malone Estate, Puesta Del Sol, Nocturno Island

Midnight

14439922424_20c27d1186_o.png

Tiffany Knightley walks along on the upper patio, a bottle of wine in hand.

14254545937_ce93a8e016_o.png

Giggling drunkenly, she pours herself another glass.

However, she doesn't see the dark figure scrambling up the mansion behind her...

14254371740_07d3298a1e_o.png

As the dark figure mounts the balcony, Tiffany sets down the wine bottle, raising her glass in cheers.

"Here's to hopin' my family takes me back after ahll this!" she says cheerfully, more than ready to down another glass.

14254371540_eb5eb29fd4_o.png

She doesn't get to, however, as the dark figure pounces upon her, grabbing her roughly.

"'Ey! Get off'a me, ya big baboon!" she yells, struggling free.

14439640062_dd55a4fa5c_o.png

Having struggled free from her attackers grip, she falls to the ground.

"Agh!" she yells out, the dark figure raising his crowbar high above her head...

WHAM!

14439868084_b7742354af_o.png

Bringing his weapon to his side, the attacker stands over the fallen corpse of the Boston Boss.

Thus ends the life of Tiffany Knightley (Trumpetking).

~~~

14439868474_4d9c5b1abc_o.png

Meanwhile, unfazed by the woman's screams, Colin Malone fishes the dead body of Paco de Villa out of the pool, axe in hand...

~~~

14441100505_effc7fb7e7_o.png

"Well, it looks like I was right in my assumptions - you are capable of killing scum! Turns out Mr. de Villa was a true, blue, FBI Agent; excellent job, my friends. Keep it up!"

~~~

This is

The Family

14001015267_f60aeb5b28_o.png Bernard W. Malone - The Malone's Godfather; father of Colin and Tam. - NPC

14001015137_1cc22c8080_o.png Thomas "Tam" Malone - Waiter; son of Bernard and brother of Colin. - NPC

14000960429_c3f56a7e40_o.png Colin Malone - Waiter; son of Bernard and brother of Tam - NPC

The Bosses

14187597364_2eff59cf56_o.png"Fritz" Fitzgerald McCarthy - Boss of New Brickland - played by fhomess

14185042942_586ff6bcd8_o.png Miguel "The Monster" Teixeira - Boss of El Paso - played by Mencot

14000980550_9b32a8dc5c_o.png Benito Fernandez - Boss of Puesta del Sol - played by Bob

14001015257_86c364bc2f_o.png Alan Vaughan - Boss of Las Vegas - played by adventurer1

14187597724_0971a77c33_o.png Abbot Malone - Boss of New York; nephew of Bernard - played by Adam

The Guests

14187637595_cb1e6002d6_o.png Bebe Theodora Jefferson - Model - played by badboytje88

14001015387_bd385065f2_o.png Jasper Norton - Nuclear Physicist - played by jamesn

14000960679_cf23430792_o.png Katalina Lombard - Rocket Scientist - played by Peanuts

14001015347_9d8730c59e_o.png Calvin Normandeau - Bebe's photographer - played by Calanon

14001015327_25d82f868c_o.png Da-Shan Feng - Chinese Businessman - played by def (or whatever his name is now)

14207763393_00cec07d75_o.png Juan Lupe Hidalgo - Paco's bodyguard - played by jluckhaupt

Those for Whom the Sun has Set

14222366498_97f3991a7c_o.png Mei-Zhen Bai - played by Masked Builder - Overturned to Day 1 - Malone

14417989156_f09a79dbec_o.png Paco de Villa VIII -played by Piratedave84 - Curiosity Killed the Cat Day 2 - FBI

14437757011_4409c4f3a0_o.png Tiffany Knightley - played by Trumpetking - Crowbarred Night 2 - Malone

The Rules:

1. Each player has been given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Malones or the FBI. To win the game, the Malonesmust eradicate all FBI Agents, while the FBI Agents needs to outnumber all other players. Third Parties have their own win conditions, which are outlined in their role PMs.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to execute a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. You may not vote in public, nor are you allowed to pretend to vote in public (through FoS: Character (Player), etc.). Discussion of voting is fine, but attempts to circumvent my rules here will be dealt with very harshly... Voting is mandatory, and should be done via your role PM. Additionally, there will be no public vote tallies, only a tally of how many votes I have, and how many I still need.

4. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. Voting is always open. The day will end when 72 hours have gone up, or if a unanimous vote has been reached (to save time). After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

5. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the Night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following Day.

6. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host, or with anyone else. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

7. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

8. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

9. You may not edit your posts.

10. You must post in every Day thread.

11. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

12. Violation of the above rules will result in a warning on your first offense, and your removal from the game on your second offense (you will be replaced). *

*(Violation of Rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.)

Well, Tiffany, we will miss you :cry_sad:

With this night kill, it's hard to say what roles the scum have. I still think Benito is the best bet for today. After that, Abbot, and possibly Katalina.

We now know that Paco was lying about being a Ferrari, as scum love to misinform. He thought claiming to be a third party might save him from the lynch. It might be best to ignore much of what he said.

Well, Tiffany, we will miss you :cry_sad:

With this night kill, it's hard to say what roles the scum have. I still think Benito is the best bet for today. After that, Abbot, and possibly Katalina.

We now know that Paco was lying about being a Ferrari, as scum love to misinform. He thought claiming to be a third party might save him from the lynch. It might be best to ignore much of what he said.

Was I not blocked last night? A night kill, presumably by the scum killer was performed regardless. If you're operating under the assumption that I'm the scum killer since there wasn't a kill on Night One (I was blocked then too apparently), and there was a kill now, how could I be scum? There's no longer any evidence that suggests that I'm scum.

Was I not blocked last night? A night kill, presumably by the scum killer was performed regardless. If you're operating under the assumption that I'm the scum killer since there wasn't a kill on Night One (I was blocked then too apparently), and there was a kill now, how could I be scum? There's no longer any evidence that suggests that I'm scum.

We have no idea how the scum's role work. The kill could be passed around.

On top of that, there was the utter mess of megablocks that you spewed in the day yesterday, including an admission you were scum (which you after the fact added that you were sarcastic, but it's likely you second guessed yourself). If you are indeed town, you have done a horrendous job of it, and make Bebe look like a sensible player.

To remind ourselves where we stand, yesterday's vote tally:

Paco de Villa VIII (Piratedave84) - 8 (Trumpetking, Speedy, fhomess, Mencot, Calanon, badboytje88, adventurer1, jamesn)

Da-Shan Feng (Speedy) - 3 (Bob, Peanuts, Piratedave84)

Benito Fernandez (Bob) - 1 (jluckhaupt)

Yet to Vote - 1 (Adam)

I think the two "townies" who voted with Paco are a worry. I figured Katalina was town day one, but maybe was recruited day two. And there is Abbot, who didn't manage to vote over the course of nearly 48 hours....

Benito has no excuse for not voting for Paco except that he is either scum, or the worst player around. I'd be okay with this day ending early. :sadnew:

I'm not surprised that Paco was an FBI Agent rather than a third party. He came with that claim far too late in the day. Benito, care to continue to explain how Da Shen and Paco are teammates as you said yesterday?

Paco de Villa VIII (Piratedave84) - 8 (Trumpetking, Speedy, fhomess, Mencot, Calanon, badboytje88, adventurer1, jamesn)

Yet to Vote - 1 (Adam)

I think the votes speak for themselves. Da-Shan has proven to be correct on Paco, and I see no reason why we shouldn't continue to trust him in the vote for Benito. I hope to hear from Katalina more today. She made the "that's not who I voted for" argument, but never really followed up on that. Seems like if she wants to avoid being the next primarily suspect, she'd better start talkin.

I want to also mention that while things were still peaceful with Dave, he initially claimed to have targeted Fritz night one. Could be true, could be false. If I were scum, I would wrap up as much truth as I could into my lies, so I'm inclined to think he did. Probably was a block, but if all other suspects run out, he will rise to the top of the list.

There is not much you can say today Benito that would erase your madness from yesterday.

As Da-Shen said, if you would turn up town (I don´t think so), you are definitely the freakiest player in EB mafia history :wall: ...

Yet to Vote - 1 (Adam)

I think the votes speak for themselves. Da-Shan has proven to be correct on Paco, and I see no reason why we shouldn't continue to trust him in the vote for Benito. I hope to hear from Katalina more today. She made the "that's not who I voted for" argument, but never really followed up on that. Seems like if she wants to avoid being the next primarily suspect, she'd better start talkin.

Katalina has somethings to explain for sure but I don´t believe a word she said about that, is it even possible to finger someones votes!?

I think she had to make something up when the votes were show again.

Also Abbot has some explaining why not bother to show up at all to vote...

I know one can be busy but that one doesn´t find time to come around to comment one or two comments in 48 - 72 hours and not even vote, this thing I don´t believe that anyone would be that busy!

I'm not surprised that Paco was an FBI Agent rather than a third party. He came with that claim far too late in the day. Benito, care to continue to explain how Da Shen and Paco are teammates as you said yesterday?

Have you ever heard of sacrificing a player? But no, I don't think that Da Shen is scum any longer. No scum player would drive so hard against a member of the town after lynching one of his own the previous day. When I turn up as town tomorrow he'll simply say I was freaky and move on, but he'd be at risk of being lynched himself. I think he's just seeing FBI Agents in his soup wherever something suspicious might be. It's why I didn't trust the investigation result he got, especially after he came to me and claimed that I was the one investigated when in reality I was not and it was really Paco. That's why I didn't vote for Paco yesterday. I'm not sure what happened with Juan or Katalina's votes, though.

I'd also like to raise a point that Paco made yesterday in his albeit desperate attempt to save his own skin. What if there are Ferrari's out there? (And I don't mean the cat). Breaking the fourth wall for a little bit, if you remember the Ferrari Family did show up in the Sign Up thread opener. That can't just be a throwaway. I think that there's at least one Ferrari out there, perhaps even recruiting other players like a cult. I'm not sure if the cult idea is viable considering the low amount of players in the game, but I definitely believe there's a third party out there.

With all that being said, I'm not sure who I'll be voting for today, since I'm obviously not voting for myself.

Also. I'm sorry that I posted complete utter nonsense yesterday. I was just nervous that I was going to die and that I was being railroaded without any evidence.

Yet to Vote - 1 (Adam)

There's not much I can talk about, since I don't know more than any other townie here. I voted for Paco, but when the vote tally was made public, it said I had voted for Da-Shen. I tried to change my vote after that, but that got no result.

No townie in their right mind would vote for Da-Shen, and I know the scum stole my vote, so they probably can't do that twice. Benito voting for Da-Shen is the last nail in his coffin, together with his obviously scummy behavior from yesterday.

I'd also like to raise a point that Paco made yesterday in his albeit desperate attempt to save his own skin. What if there are Ferrari's out there? (And I don't mean the cat). Breaking the fourth wall for a little bit, if you remember the Ferrari Family did show up in the Sign Up thread opener. That can't just be a throwaway. I think that there's at least one Ferrari out there, perhaps even recruiting other players like a cult. I'm not sure if the cult idea is viable considering the low amount of players in the game, but I definitely believe there's a third party out there.

And what exactly does that have to do with the question whether we should lynch you or not? Even if there was a third party, there would be nothing we could do about that right now except lynch scummy people. Not to mention that a third party is unlikely.

Following my train of thought from yesterday, where I said that scum on Day One probably jumped on both Allan's and my bandwagon, I think or two best guesses for the third scum would be Jasper and Abbot. The former actually switched from Allan to me, while the latter didn't vote was already the last to vote on Day One, and the last to vote on Day Two.

You'll have to say/do more to make that vote switching thing plausible. It isn't plausible right now. That you were recruited night one was.

Benito voted for me, despite knowing I wasn't scum (he had admitted as much in thread), so he is priority one for scumminess. If he turns up town, he will be held up as a text book example of how not to be helpful to your town team, but there is nothing else to do. That he is that terrible is plausible, but he's also used the "I suck" defence in the past. It's not going to work this time. Too much circumstantial evidence.

I'm really not buying the whole "I didn't vote for them, my vote got changed" thing. You had plenty of time to change your vote, nor do I think that there are enough people for there to be a role for somebody to change votes.

I'm thinking that if the ability to pass the killing power around isn't available that Benito was targeted by the FBI.

I think the votes speak for themselves.

The vote speaks for itself in that you deliberately did not vote for Paco yesterday when doing so was the best course of action.

Also. I'm sorry that I posted complete utter nonsense yesterday. I was just nervous that I was going to die and that I was being railroaded without any evidence.

Right. :look:

No townie in their right mind would vote for Da-Shen, and I know the scum stole my vote, so they probably can't do that twice. Benito voting for Da-Shen is the last nail in his coffin, together with his obviously scummy behavior from yesterday.

Makes perfect sense.

Were you worried we would lynch you? It was quite clear we had no intention of lynching you that day or in the night.

I'm really not buying the whole "I didn't vote for them, my vote got changed" thing. You had plenty of time to change your vote, nor do I think that there are enough people for there to be a role for somebody to change votes.

I'm thinking that if the ability to pass the killing power around isn't available that Benito was targeted by the FBI.

Could you please clarify what you meant in the last sentence?

Could you please clarify what you meant in the last sentence?

Yeah, I didn't make that too clear.

Benito was blocked on the first night and there was no murder. He was blocked on the second night too, but there was a murder. So either he was targeted the first night, or he is FBI bt passed the power to kill onto somebody else.

What makes you say that? What role would the FBI have possibly used on him? If he were town, he would be the absolute last person the feds would consider killing/blocking/anything since he is the prime lynch today.

What makes you say that? What role would the FBI have possibly used on him? If he were town, he would be the absolute last person the feds would consider killing/blocking/anything since he is the prime lynch today.

I mean, targeted by the FBI on the first night.

We have no idea how the scum's role work. The kill could be passed around.

On top of that, there was the utter mess of megablocks that you spewed in the day yesterday, including an admission you were scum (which you after the fact added that you were sarcastic, but it's likely you second guessed yourself). If you are indeed town, you have done a horrendous job of it, and make Bebe look like a sensible player.

Aaaa Da-Shenny admit it you got a slof spot for little old me! #kindergardencrush

As a wise woman once said in a movie which sums up my life perfectly (apart from me not being an undercover agent)

You think I'm gorgeous... You want to kiss me... You want to hug me... You want to love me... You want to smooch me... You want to hug me...

~Sandra Bullock 2000 Miss Congeniality

I agree on Benito's total scumminess, but is it possible he is a Ferrari? Since I don't understand how third parties work , can they be lynched and do they too have night action roles?

I agree on Benito's total scumminess, but is it possible he is a Ferrari? Since I don't understand how third parties work , can they be lynched and do they too have night action roles?

They can be lynched and they do have night action roles.

Maybe, yes, and yes.

Anyone wondering about Benito's behaviour yesterday, well, start reading here:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67770&st=25#entry1239700

If Benito is scum then why would the scum target him night one? If he is Ferrari it makes more sense. Given the number of players we started out with, how many Ferraris could we have and can they recruit?

You'll have to say/do more to make that vote switching thing plausible. It isn't plausible right now. That you were recruited night one was.

And what could I possibly do? I told you all I know. But is it really more plausible that I was recruited? We know Benito didn't recruit me, as I was blocked. So either Paco did or there is a third scum with a recruiting role. I think we can agree the scum wouldn't get 3 members and a conversion with only 14 players, but you already said Paco might actually have targeted Fritz as he claimed he had. If I was converted, he obviously hasn't.

I tried to change my vote, but nothing happened.

And I have no idea what you mean by that. Why would the FBI target Benito on Night 1? He probably is FBI, remember?