Tamamono

Party Lines Mafia - Day Five: Bureaucracy

3LQn8jm.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 22, 1994

New Brickland

Night

Kxe3t10.png

For some reason, there's a computer on one of the benches...

MpfvNwK.jpg

Representative Maurice Teichman (mostlytechnic) walks down the stairs toward it. He's carrying something...

gJRPhBK.jpg

It's an axe!

"Hyahaha!" he laughs, "Now I can finally destroy this evil piece of witchcraft once and for all! What ever happened to talking to people face to face? Nowadays everybody's just snapping their chats and tweeting like birds! No more, I say!"

nmvm1Wg.jpg

He raises his weapon...

d40mMmi.jpg

And brings it down hard onto the ironically outdated desktop. Vista never stood a chance.

L1e0m5J.jpg

However, he's not alone...

gD7WnFf.png

Thomas Edison was a witch!

January 23, 1994

New Brickland

Morning

6DR12GB.png

After the picture of him destroying a computer went viral on Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Istagram, and just about every other site out there, Rep. Teichman issues a condemning statement.

"My sincere apologies to the people of Technic Valley. I never intended to offend anyone - I was just acting on my own opinions. It was out of place, I know. I just can't stand all this new age tomfoolery! I think it's high time I retired. It's been a good few years serving you all as a Loyal representative."

January 23, 1994

New Brickland

Mid-morning

JFVLQ2E.jpg

Justice Montgomery addresses the legislature again.

"Order!"

cX8NC7U.png

"Good job - you got another one. Sinclair Viola (Scaevola) was arrested this morning after being treated for a concussion last night. He's doing fine now, though - apart from spending life behind bars."

XnSRfCS.jpg

"Unfortunately, Rep. Teichman also resigned today. He was clearly Loyal, so this comes as another huge blow. I'm sure we can recover, though - bring me more Octans!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In office:

The Speaker:

5jpmdrA.png Siegfried Dixon - Representative from New Brickland: played by Speedy

The Old Dogs:

4GuyyJ0.png "Tiny" Peter Rutherford - Representative from Brickshire: played by TPRU

The Legislative Veterans:

9pFILPh.png Addie Tremain - Representative from Galactic City: played by adventurer1

VsewC2i.png Lloyd Spalding - Representative from Super City: played by Lego Spy

p84sBN2.png Bobby Benedict - Representative from New Brickland: played by Bob

BT44Jw8.png Bjorn Borchard - Representative from Owlville: played by badboytje88

emcpkRG.png Gerald Hatley - Representative from Silver City: played by Goliath

The Freshmen:

vB6fMBa.png Pierce Davy - Representative from Puesta del Sol: played by Piratedave

PcNoVsX.png Archie Matthews - Representative from Galactic City: played by Adam

HFcIbOR.png Molly Callaghan - Representative from Brickshire: played by Mencot

Out of office:

i1uTfwT.png Douglas London - Impeached Day One - Octan

X4RYdjD.png Carol Nottingham - played by Calanon - Impeached Day One - Loyal

ttppHrb.png J. Leroy King - played by jluck - Photographed Night One - Loyal

JHDS9RS.png Winnifred Karchevsky - played by Walter Kovacs - Photographed Night One - Loyal

8RNqZ2v.png Jacob Palacios - played by JackJonespaw - Impeached Day Two - Loyal

g6bOfXf.png Bryant Laughlin - played by Brickelodeon - Photographed Night Two - Loyal

kGJQcov.png Stanley Figurelli - played by Stickfig - Impeached Day Three - Octan

CyXhKYY.png Sinclair Viola - played by Scaevola - Impeached Day Four - Octan

wZrZjlO.png Maurice Teichman - played by mostlytechnic - Photographed Night Four - Loyal

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Loyal Representatives or the Octan Corporation. To win the game, the Representaties must remove from office all the Octan Lobbyists, while the Octan Co. needs to outnumber the Reprsentatives. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to impeach a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of impeached players, as well as those who are removed from office, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are out of office, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a warning from the host on your first offense, and a removal from the game on your second.

12. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

Good thing, One scum. We can trust our investigator.

Bad about Mr Teichman, he seems like he had to be an Octan hit.

Hmmm. We knew Sinclair was scum, so we don't learn much from that. Maybe we investigated Octan. Maybe not. If not, I'm leaning toward Pierce still, but I'm open to hearing about others.

Just because we've lynched two scum, we are not in the clear. A positive attitude will be necessary to get us through this.

No, this is nowhere close to being over

I would also look into Gerald and Addie, what they have been up to.

Do we know if Pierce was blocked last night again? Maurice could have been a vig takedown.

Addie is still on my scum list. Lloyd and Tiny are still reading scummy towards me, too.

Do we know if Pierce was blocked last night again? Maurice could have been a vig takedown.

Maurice was scum killed. 99.9% sure of it.

I think you're on my scum list.

Addie is still on my scum list. Lloyd and Tiny are still reading scummy towards me, too.

They are not on my scum list.

I thought I was on your scum list Bobby!

Here's all vote tallies compiled in one post and color coded as follows

Orange - Unconfirmed

Green - Confirmed town

Blue - Presumed town

Red - Scum

Speaker vote

Speaker Tally

Siegfried Dixon (Speedy) - 4 (Speedy, Mencot, Brickelodeon, Walter Kovacs)

Carol Nottingham (Calanon) - 3 (Calanon, Scaevola, Stickfig)

Archie Matthews (Adam) - 2 (Adam, mostlytechnic)

"Tiny" Peter Rutherford (TPRU) - 1 (TPRU)

J. Leroy King (jluck) - 1 (jluck)

Lloyd Spalding (Lego Spy) - 1 (Lego Spy)

Addie Tremain (adventurer1) - 1 (adventurer1)

Abstain: Piratedave, JackJonespaw, Goliath, badboytje88, bob,

- - -

Day 1 vote

Vote Count

Carol Nottingham (Calanon) - 10 (Brickeloden, Speedy, TPRU, jluck, Piratedave, Walter Kovacs, Stickfig, Lego Spy, mostlytechnic, Adam)

Addie Tremain (adventurer1) - 4 (Bob, Goliath, badboytje88, Scaevola)

Bryant Laughlin (Brickelodeon) - 1 (adventurer1)

Abstaining - 2 (Calanon, Mencot)

- - -

Day 2 vote

Final Vote Tally

Jacob Palacios (JackJonespaw) - 10 (Scaevola, Adam, badboytje88, adventurer1, Bob, Speedy, TPRU, mostlytechnic, Goliath)

Gerald Hatley (Goliath) - 2 (Piratedave, Stickfig)

Siegfried Dixon (Speedy) - 1 (Brickelodeon)

Abstaining - 1 (Lego Spy)

- - -

Day 3 vote

Final Vote Tally

Stanley Figurelli (Stickfig) - 12 (Speedy, mostlytechnic, Adam, TPRU, Piratedave, Mencot, badboytje88, Scaevola, Goliath, adventurer1, Bob)

Siegfried Dixon (Speedy) - 1 (Stickfig)

Note: Lloyd (Lego spy) abstained

- - -

Day 4 vote

Vote Tally

Sinclair Viola (Scaevola) - 11 (Speedy, Adam, mostlytechnic, Bob, adventurer1, TPRU, Lego Spy, Goliath, badboytje88, Mencot, Piratedave)

Gerald Hatley (Goliath) - 1 (Scaevola)

- - -

What do we make of this?

1) Lloyd is lazy and did not bother to vote with the right format or at all twice

2) Tiny and Archie have consistently voted with the majority and as such I presume one of them to be scum

3) Addie and Gerald have voted with the bandwagon 3 out of 4 votes and as such I presume one of them to be scum

4) I think Sinclair voted for one of her own last night as such I presume Gerald to be scum

This being said anyone in orange is suspect of being scum unless proven otherwise.

Here's all vote tallies compiled in one post and color coded as follows

Orange - Unconfirmed

Green - Confirmed town

Blue - Presumed town

Red - Scum

Speaker vote

Abstain: Piratedave, JackJonespaw, Goliath, badboytje88, bob,

- - -

Day 1 vote

- - -

Day 2 vote

- - -

Day 3 vote

- - -

Day 4 vote

- - -

What do we make of this?

1) Lloyd is lazy and did not bother to vote with the right format or at all twice

2) Tiny and Archie have consistently voted with the majority and as such I presume one of them to be scum

3) Addie and Gerald have voted with the bandwagon 3 out of 4 votes and as such I presume one of them to be scum

4) I think Sinclair voted for one of her own last night as such I presume Gerald to be scum

This being said anyone in orange is suspect of being scum unless proven otherwise.

Nice job with the color coding.....except you have listed yourself as green, confirmed town? Anyone not paying attention won't suspect you, very clever.

Good news, we got another scum yesterday! Bad news, they got one of us loyal and active townies. My top scum suspects are still Rep. Hatley, Rep. Benedict, and Rep. Davy.

Rep. Spalding seems to be more of a noob and Rep. Borchard still just post? I really don't know how to describe the lack of contact except maybe cute one-line comments and jokes? Reps. Matthews, Rutherford, and Callaghan are contributing more than most.

Nice job with the color coding.....except you have listed yourself as green, confirmed town? Anyone not paying attention won't suspect you, very clever.

Good news, we got another scum yesterday! Bad news, they got one of us loyal and active townies. My top scum suspects are still Rep. Hatley, Rep. Benedict, and Rep. Davy.

Rep. Spalding seems to be more of a noob and Rep. Borchard still just post? I really don't know how to describe the lack of contact except maybe cute one-line comments and jokes? Reps. Matthews, Rutherford, and Callaghan are contributing more than most.

I put myself as green because I know I'm town ... as per my PM ... I didn't think i'd need to explain thay to anyone!

I put myself as green because I know I'm town ... as per my PM ... I didn't think i'd need to explain thay to anyone!

Actually you should have. An honest townie would have stated either that fact in the initial post (which you didn't) or put yourself orange with a statement about how you are a townie but you know the rest of us don't know this so it's only proper that you put yourself in the orange with the rest of us (which you also didn't do). So it comes off as looking very sneaky and scummy.

Actually you should have. An honest townie would have stated either that fact in the initial post (which you didn't) or put yourself orange with a statement about how you are a townie but you know the rest of us don't know this so it's only proper that you put yourself in the orange with the rest of us (which you also didn't do). So it comes off as looking very sneaky and scummy.

Ok sure ... I made the chart, I put myself down as town becasue I know I am. It's self explanatory and your trying to discredit me is noted; scum

Ok sure ... I made the chart, I put myself down as town becasue I know I am. It's self explanatory and your trying to discredit me is noted; scum

I am not trying to discredit you. I merely made an observation, you responded a little defensively, then I responded how I felt you should have made your initial post and you responded more defensively. That is acting with scummy behavior.

No Mr Davy, it is noted you are both scum!

Really, Rep Callaghan? And how are you noting me as scum? What evidence do you have? The only reason I have not added you to my main scum list is because, despite your many but truly lacking in anything useful posts, Mr. Speaker seems to trust you for some reason as he hasn't singled you out.....yet.

I am not trying to discredit you. I merely made an observation, you responded a little defensively, then I responded how I felt you should have made your initial post and you responded more defensively. That is acting with scummy behavior.

I think your observation was/is ridiculous and said as much.

Addie and strange nightactivity!

What are you saying?

Day 3 vote

No.

If you paid attention to any mafia games in the past you'd know that there are penalties for not voting/incorrectly voting. In this case, Siegfried as speaker had the option to steal my day three vote, which he did. So it wasn't my decision not to vote on day three, because I didn't have the choice to in the first place. :sadnew:

No.

If you paid attention to any mafia games in the past you'd know that there are penalties for not voting/incorrectly voting. In this case, Siegfried as speaker had the option to steal my day three vote, which he did. So it wasn't my decision not to vote on day three, because I didn't have the choice to in the first place. :sadnew:

:facepalm:

True, this however does not explain the wrong format on day 2.

They are not on my scum list.

I thought I was on your scum list Bobby!

You're not on it as much as you used to be. I think this post actually helps in taking you off of it, because if you were scum I doubt you'd try drawing attention to yourself this way.

Maurice was scum killed. 99.9% sure of it.

I think you're on my scum list.

As I said to you before, I'm not privy to any backroom events like you are. You're in contact with the vigilante from what I gather, and you would know if the vigilante committed a kill. I would not know this. Therefore, I'm left to wonder if Maurice was taken out by scum or by the vigilante. If you're 99.9% sure that Maurice was scum killed, then I'll take your word on that one.

I had told you that I was fine with sacrificing myself and being killed last night by the vigilante so you didn't waste your time with me today. You were calling me scum yesterday and you're again calling me scum today. I'm a vanilla townie, I was fine with falling on my sword last night so you wouldn't focus on me today. Instead I'm probably going to be railroaded and bandwagoned since there's obviously been no Octan investigated last night.

Addie and strange nightactivity!

And this implies what exactly? Maybe we should watch you a little more carefully, as this is the kind of post I was referring to earlier. Useless, full of nothing, how does this help us catch scum? Unless you are scum trying to hide. Can anyone give me a reason not to suspect Molly?

What do we make of this?

Addie (adventurer1) has a real point; you should've identified yourself as unproven, because to the town at large you are as yet unproven.

Moving beyond that, I can't help but find issue with most of the conclusions you've drawn.

1. This conclusion doesn't really achieve anything. Lloyd (LegoSpy) is inexperienced and incorrectly formatted his votes. What does this mean? Would scum blatantly draw attention to themselves by abstaining so often?
  2. This conclusion ignores the Speaker tally and disregards the fact that two out of the four "voting with the majority" votes were on confirmed scum.
  3. The same argument against Conclusion #2 can be used here. Also, you failed to mention that you also hopped on the bandwagon 3 out of 4 times. You're leaving yourself out all over the place here.
  4. Whoever Sinclair (Scaevola) voted for last night was going to have attention placed on them, for good or ill. Some people will say that he would try to draw suspicion on a townie, some like yourself will say that he was voting for one of his own. I think that the scum wouldn't want to draw attention to themselves, so I'm leaning townie on Gerald (Goliath).

The big conclusion I've drawn from looking at these voting patterns is that the scum have spread out their votes wherever possible. This is a wise move on their part, because it prevents them from being caught together, as Sinclair (Scaevola) and Stanley (StickFig) were.