Tamamono

Party Lines Mafia - Day Four: Gambit

3LQn8jm.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 21, 1994

New Brickland

Dawn

HGhRUOF.png

It's a quiet night. Nobody is up to any shenanigans tonight.

January 22, 1994

New Brickland

Morning

eLphleQ.png

The legislature meets for the fourth time that week. There are notably less representatives left.

The Speaker clears his throat. "Alright, let's get this started."

Everyone exchanges glances.

IAl8qbe.png

The door opens and a couple of familiar faces walk in. The security guard descends the steps, holding the door for Justice Montgomery.

XYPzUhi.png

"Well, I asked for one of Octan's men and you did not disappoint" Montgomery begins...

0z5pr6m.png

"Stanley Figurelli (StickFig) was definitely working for the Octan corporation. He'll stand trial for treason soon. Good job!"

a8NdJjW.png

"However, it's not over 'til it's over. There are definitely more of his lobbyists in our midst."

r6dF1Qz.png

"I want to see another performance like yesterday - bring me another Octan!"

In office:

The Speaker:

5jpmdrA.png Siegfried Dixon - Representative from New Brickland: played by Speedy

The Old Dogs:

oxuRT5V.pngMaurice Teichman - Representative from Technic Valley: played by mostlytechnic

4GuyyJ0.png"Tiny" Peter Rutherford - Representative from Brickshire: played by TPRU

The Legislative Veterans:

9pFILPh.pngAddie Tremain - Representative from Galactic City: played by adventurer1

VsewC2i.pngLloyd Spalding - Representative from Super City: played by Lego Spy

p84sBN2.pngBobby Benedict - Representative from New Brickland: played by Bob

BT44Jw8.pngBjorn Borchard - Representative from Owlville: played by badboytje88

77EXJNJ.png Sinclair Viola - Representative from Puesta del Sol: played by Scaevola

emcpkRG.pngGerald Hatley - Representative from Silver City: played by Goliath

The Freshmen:

vB6fMBa.pngPierce Davy - Representative from Puesta del Sol: played by Piratedave

PcNoVsX.png Archie Matthews - Representative from Galactic City: played by Adam

HFcIbOR.pngMolly Callaghan - Representative from Brickshire: played by Mencot

Out of office:

i1uTfwT.png Douglas London - Impeached Day One - Octan

X4RYdjD.pngCarol Nottingham - played by Calanon - Impeached Day One - Loyal

ttppHrb.pngJ. Leroy King - played by jluck - Photographed Night One - Loyal

JHDS9RS.png Winnifred Karchevsky - played by Walter Kovacs - Photographed Night One - Loyal

8RNqZ2v.pngJacob Palacios - played by JackJonespaw - Impeached Day Two - Loyal

g6bOfXf.pngBryant Laughlin - played by Brickelodeon - Photographed Night Two - Loyal

kGJQcov.png Stanley Figurelli - played by Stickfig - Impeached Day Three - Octan

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Loyal Representatives or the Octan Corporation. To win the game, the Representaties must remove from office all the Octan Lobbyists, while the Octan Co. needs to outnumber the Reprsentatives. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to impeach a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of impeached players, as well as those who are removed from office, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are out of office, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a warning from the host on your first offense, and a removal from the game on your second.

12. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

Pierce was blocked last night. What are the odds that he tried to kill someone and failed?

Also, I'm fairly confident we have a vig, and not a SK, since they didn't kill. SK should be a mandatory move. So, that should make them a vig. Meaning, pretty much all the town roles are working in conjunction with each other, and the scum is super pissed off.

Anyone else have good news to announce? :sweet:

Hey, I just got word, the investigator caught an Octan... and it wasn't Pierce. I'm going to hold onto that info for now, but in the first twenty four hours of the day, since there won't be much discussion once the vote comes, how about everyone of you discuss who you think it was and why? It would give us all lots to talk about, and to consider for day four?

This is in no way mandatory, but I think it would be the loyalist thing to do.

Pierce was blocked last night. What are the odds that he tried to kill someone and failed?

Also, I'm fairly confident we have a vig, and not a SK, since they didn't kill. SK should be a mandatory move. So, that should make them a vig. Meaning, pretty much all the town roles are working in conjunction with each other, and the scum is super pissed off.

Hey, I just got word, the investigator caught an Octan... and it wasn't Pierce. I'm going to hold onto that info for now, but in the first twenty four hours of the day, since there won't be much discussion once the vote comes, how about everyone of you discuss who you think it was and why? It would give us all lots to talk about, and to consider for day four?

I had a bad feeling about Mr Davy, this is good news that we got not one but two nightresults. Don´t know who I could guess for but "Tiny" feels like he could be hidding something.

Also Mr Nixon, you said this yesterday:

You say? I don't think you've paid the proper copyright fees involved with that statement.

That said, SCUM! Kill me tonight. I dare you to. Kill me. I know you want me gone. Stanley was Octan. He has even admitted as much himself (though his avatar change admits it too). From a PM:

Pointer: always claim to be town until your body comes up scum. Whatever doubt the town block had has been erased thanks to you. We worked together, and have taken out our first Octan scum. Rather than have to worry about each other tonight, we will be working together as a well-oiled machine.

Again, Octan scum, kill me tonight! I dare you to! You know you want to!

SO did anyone try anything, other than Mr Davy who was blocked?

Woo Hoo! (or whatever crazy thing you youngsters say these days).

One octan caught and a second one is known? AND no more night photos? That's how it's done.

As for vig/SK, you're probably right Mr Speaker, but that can wait if we know other Octan to get rid of.

As for who got caught? Well, the scum not getting anyone could be because they were blocked OR because the target was protected. I assume you were protected last night, right Mr. Speaker? So it's possible they were dumb enough to not believe you and wasted their attack that way. That's pretty much the only way Pierce ISN'T Octan at this point, since he was blocked last night.

There's basically nothing to learn from yesterday's final vote tally since everyone fell into line and the order of votes would just be when they were around to place it at the end. Day 1 Stanley voted a poke at Jacob (later to turn up town) before voting Carol (another loyalist). Day 2 he was suspicious of Gerald and Jacob, voted for Bjorn as a poke, then switched to Gerald. Day 3 he poke-voted both Archie and Bobby before flailing at the speaker.

Personally, I'd guess that everyone he poked at was loyal and he was trying to start things and see if anyone would jump on a wagon with him.

Blocked from what?

I have no night action and am as vanilla as can be; you first should know that a succesful block does not necessarily mean I have an action to be blocked (which is the case here). It's really unfortunate for me that there was no 'kill' last night as that makes it look REALLY bad. IMO the reason there was no 'kill' is that the intended target was protected because I know I did not target anyone last night.

Please tell me it's Gerald!

It's really unfortunate for me that there was no 'kill' last night as that makes it look REALLY bad.

Yup, and the reason you were blocked is because you've been doing such a scummy looking game. Very unfortunate for you. At least if you are actually a vanilla, it won't hurt the town so much if you get vig-killed :sweet:

There was a game where I was scum, and even though I wasn't a scum killer, I got blamed for a kill that was blocked. It was super-frustrating. Not that I was caught, but that I was caught for the wrong reason. Really frustrating. That said, I think people are feeling somewhat suss on you, it's not just me.

Sounds then like we oughta lynch whoever the speaker announces as the investigated scummo and have the vig get a photo of Pierce then? And if Pierce survives that means that the scum have figured out who the vig is and blocked them, or protected Pierce, and either way we go after him next?

I had a bad feeling about Mr Davy, this is good news that we got not one but two nightresults. Don´t know who I could guess for but "Tiny" feels like he could be hidding something.

Well, too be fair, we got one night result, and one suspicious result. We're still looking into Tiny.

SO did anyone try anything, other than Mr Davy who was blocked?

Well...

As for who got caught? Well, the scum not getting anyone could be because they were blocked OR because the target was protected. I assume you were protected last night, right Mr. Speaker? So it's possible they were dumb enough to not believe you and wasted their attack that way. That's pretty much the only way Pierce ISN'T Octan at this point, since he was blocked last night.

Truthfully, I was protected. Now, as town, I compulsively lie to all of you as often as possible. This is my technique for baffling scum. Pierce knows this by the way, we have shared many a whiteboard. So, when I invited scum to kill me, it was because I was protected. There is a fair chance that scum would assume I was bluffing, since I'm such a compulsive liar, and would have tried to kill me. So, who knows.

That being said, yes, scum, tonight is the night to kill me. I won't be protected tonight. Kill me tonight :wink:

Sounds then like we oughta lynch whoever the speaker announces as the investigated scummo and have the vig get a photo of Pierce then? And if Pierce survives that means that the scum have figured out who the vig is and blocked them, or protected Pierce, and either way we go after him next?

What if the vig is blocked? What then? am I still scum because I failed to 'die'? I'm loyal, I'm vanilla and I'm ready to die for this cause but you will ultimately lose another loyal person in killing me; suit yourself.

Going to bed soon. I really want to hear from more townies. We may just lynch Pierce today. The vig can take out the investigated Octan.

What if the vig is blocked? What then? am I still scum because I failed to 'die'? I'm loyal, I'm vanilla and I'm ready to die for this cause but you will ultimately lose another loyal person in killing me; suit yourself.

I covered that in my first post - if the vig is blocked, then we deal with you tomorrow. Maybe you can come up with a better target by then or maybe you will get lynched tomorrow and we'll know for sure. It's easy to claim anything you want right now trying to save yourself. I mean, at least you're making more effort than Stanley did, not making fake vig claims and other nonsense, but that doesn't mean you're legit either. Might just be a better scummo!

Going to bed soon. I really want to hear from more townies. We may just lynch Pierce today. The vig can take out the investigated Octan.

But there's a real chance the scum know who the vig is, so that leaves a big risk of them blocking the vig again and the known scum surviving. And whatever ability said scum has surviving - either killer, or blocker, or whatever. I say you should reveal the scum once voting starts and we'll take him out since it's a known baddie.

Great job to everyone, and most specifically, Speaker Dixon!

My money is on either Addie or Bjorn, but I could be totally wrong. Two other shots in the dark are Tiny and Lloyd.

I don't know if that's necessarily the best course of action. If Pierce is the scum photographer, then his role will be passed on to another one of the scum. If there's two scum left besides Pierce, that's a fifty/fifty chance that the role will be passed on to the scum that won't be vig photographed tonight, meaning we could lose a townie. I say we lynch the investigated Octan today and take out Pierce tonight, guaranteeing that the scum won't be able to get one of us tonight.

Aside from Rep. Davy, I am most suspicious of Rep. Spalding. As I said yesterday, his behaviour thus far has struck me as odd. From his too innocuous self-nomination on Day One to his arbitrary votes, he has felt rather detached and uninterested in finding scum.

Good Job Town! We got one, finally. Thank you Mr. Speaker, and with your current info we'll have another by the end of the day. I agree with those who have stated that we should impeach the investigated scum and let the vig take out another suspect.

As for my list, Rep Spalding still tops it for my previously stated reasons. Rep Haltley and Benedict are still suspicious, but Rep Borchard has definitely been added to my list as well. He is somewhat active but really hasn't contributed anything useful at all. And I would like to see more from Rep Davy and Rep Rutherord.

I agree on that we should impeach the one investigated, Mr Davy is someone the vig can then take care of or anyone else that feels scummy!

Thank God we got an Octan out!

My money is on either Addie or Bjorn, but I could be totally wrong. Two other shots in the dark are Tiny and Lloyd.

I was thinking almost the same thing but instead of Bjorn I was thinking Sinclair might be Octan. I just get this odd feeling about them two...

Personally, I find it very doubtful that a scum would spearhead the lynch of one of their own, when they presumably have nothing to gain from it.

It's certainly probable that we have a vigilante instead of a third party, but I feel the town should tread lightly. There are other possibilities: a third party might choose not to kill to appear town, or may have targeted you. As you said, you were protected last night.

These doubts make me feel that it might be a good idea to impeach the confirmed scum today, whoever that might be. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, and I'd feel better ending the day knowing that a scum has been put out of office. Leaving that responsibility to the vigilante could put too much to chance: what if the scum know who this vigilante is, and choose to block or incriminate this person?

I'm loyal, I'm vanilla and I'm ready to die for this cause but you will ultimately lose another loyal person in killing me; suit yourself.

Dude, this isn't some kind of mafia game, nobody's going to die... hopefully. :look:

I digress. Claiming vanilla is easy; there's no burden of proof on a vanilla townie. What townies usually don't do is claim they are "ready to die" or tell their accusers to suit themselves. In my experience from past assemblies and from reading about old court cases, loyal politicians fight accusations; they don't pretend like they don't care.

Dude, this isn't some kind of mafia game, nobody's going to die... hopefully. :look:

I digress. Claiming vanilla is easy; there's no burden of proof on a vanilla townie. What townies usually don't do is claim they are "ready to die" or tell their accusers to suit themselves. In my experience from past assemblies and from reading about old court cases, loyal politicians fight accusations; they don't pretend like they don't care.

It's not that I don't care, it's that I can't defend myself; I have no role to claim,there was no picture taken last night and I was blocked. The burden of proof is pretty heavy and I feel my defending myself against this accusation is pointless and will inevitably lead to my death.

So I'd rather we discuss other suspects seeing that anyway you put it (well let's go with 90%) I'll be gone today.

Well done!

As for who the confirmed scum is my conjecture is that it was most likely Rep. Spalding. His bandwagoning, fluffy or useless posts, and general quietude speak for themselves. If I were to name secondary conjectures I'd say Reps. Rutherford and Hatley may be the one. I'd leave Davy to the vigilante for tonight (unless any other Octan-like reps are dredged up) and impeach the investigated scum so as to prevent application of a possible night action.

Aside from Rep. Davy, I am most suspicious of Rep. Spalding. As I said yesterday, his behaviour thus far has struck me as odd. From his too innocuous self-nomination on Day One to his arbitrary votes, he has felt rather detached and uninterested in finding scum.

And what made your own self-nomination not innocuous?

As for my list, Rep Spalding still tops it for my previously stated reasons. Rep Haltley and Benedict are still suspicious, but Rep Borchard has definitely been added to my list as well. He is somewhat active but really hasn't contributed anything useful at all. And I would like to see more from Rep Davy and Rep Rutherord.

<snip from Addie's post yesterday>

Statement 1: Given I've only played one game, a mafia school, before now, I'd say I would be considered a noob.

Statement 2: While I admit my statement did sound like I was "kissing up" to Siegfried, I was attempting to actually congratulate him, and it certainly wasn't for personal gain.

Statement 3: I wanted to help impeach the man who turned out to be scum! :hmpf:

And what made your own self-nomination not innocuous?

Statement 1: Given I've only played one game, a mafia school, before now, I'd say I would be considered a noob.

Statement 2: While I admit my statement did sound like I was "kissing up" to Siegfried, I was attempting to actually congratulate him, and it certainly wasn't for personal gain.

Statement 3: I wanted to help impeach the man who turned out to be scum! :hmpf:

Ok. So let us assume, for a moment, that you are just being a total noob. You say you want to help impeach scum. We don't know yet what information the investigator gave to our Speaker. What are your thoughts? Based on all the previous days and today, what are your opinions on other representatives?

Well done!

As for who the confirmed scum is my conjecture is that it was most likely Rep. Spalding. His bandwagoning, fluffy or useless posts, and general quietude speak for themselves. If I were to name secondary conjectures I'd say Reps. Rutherford and Hatley may be the one. I'd leave Davy to the vigilante for tonight (unless any other Octan-like reps are dredged up) and impeach the investigated scum so as to prevent application of a possible night action.

Care to share why you think that?

It's not that I don't care, it's that I can't defend myself; I have no role to claim,there was no picture taken last night and I was blocked. The burden of proof is pretty heavy and I feel my defending myself against this accusation is pointless and will inevitably lead to my death.

So I'd rather we discuss other suspects seeing that anyway you put it (well let's go with 90%) I'll be gone today.

Why are you just giving up? It looks very scummy. Townies don't just give up! Try to defend yourself at least. If your sure that you will be gone today, then give us something to go on for tomorrow. If you turn up as loyal then what you say today may be important.

Why are you just giving up? It looks very scummy. Townies don't just give up! Try to defend yourself at least. If your sure that you will be gone today, then give us something to go on for tomorrow. If you turn up as loyal then what you say today may be important.

Like what? Tell me? I was blocked, there was no kill, it's megablocking hard to defend yourself against that don't you think?

Your post looks like you are fishing for info from me before I die.