Kaitan

Snow Speeder Crash

indexed.gif

I know one or two of you have probably seen this already, but I've just opened a flickr account and this seemed like a good excuse to try it out :classic: so please bear with me if you have seen this before...

Basically a diorama showing an Imperial 'mopping up' squad searching for rebel survivors after the battle of hoth.

Hope you like it. (and I hope I deeplinked everthing correctly!)

Here's the gallery if I mucked up Snowspeeder Crash

Kaitan

3326880294_f8af4b499d_o.jpg

3326881888_d456f8f6c7_o.jpg

My scratchbuilt Probe Droid

3326880552_e47aae9b7c_o.jpg

3326881710_e3b01d8e46_o.jpg

3326043835_fc00bacbc4_o.jpg

3326044077_b4b2937b25_o.jpg

3326881478_1b9a7ea033_b.jpg

3326044259_e14bd59640_o.jpg

3326882160_85ed11d24a_o.jpg

3326043283_151475913a_o.jpg

EDIT: sorting out the Flickr links so the images link back to flickr, as per flickr's TOS

Edited by KimT

Wow! Now that is an amazing creation!

I like the way that the rebel pilot is bleeding, and is near death. I hope that it ends promising for the Rebel Pilots, but it doesn't look like thats the way it's going to turn out...

Very creative. I love the rebels hiding in the underground cavern. Very detailed.

Wow, that's amazing. 10/10 :thumbup::thumbup::cry_happy:

Agreed! :thumbup: This is a very nice MOC! Excellent figs, and great building techniques!

3326881710_e3b01d8e46_o.jpg

"Look, Sir, Droids Rebels!" :laugh:

I like the feel of tension in this moc. Very well captured, great work and there are some impressive techniques here.

Wow! this is awesome! Great job, I love how the snow trooper is following the trail of blood. Is the cavern a Wampa's cave?(judging by the skeleton hanging)

Very nice MOC, as it's one of the best mid sized land-mocs I've seen.

The only thing I would have changed would be to make the icecicles (spelling?) random lengths.

And wouldn't and/or shouldn't the Scout Trooper be wearing a white backpack?

this is actually the best dio i have ever seen. the only thing that bothers me is the blood, its not really star wars-y but it adds to the tension so its al good :thumbup:

Really a good job done here.

I like the snowspeeder crashsite and the rebel waiting for the snowtrooper to come around the corner.

You can really see the anticipation.

:thumbup:

Why is there a scout trooper if its on Hoth?

Have you ever been to Hoth?

Then you wouldn't know if Scout Troopers we part of the 'mopping up'.

It's called artistic freedom.

He felt it belonged and thus he added one there.

Perhaps the so-called scout-trooper isn't meant to be a scout trooper in this scenario.

Great work again Kaitan :thumbup:

I love the Probe Droid, a big improvement on the original. Great!

It's really cool. I like how you found new ways to use some of the parts. But i don't like it you gave the rebel that gun, sorry.

I've see it on MOCpages :oh:

You make here a great diorama . I love the probe droid and how you modified the snowspeeder 4500 :thumbup:

Good job :classic:

I think this is a really great MOC. It has loads of detail on the scenery and the snowspeeder. I like how you included a skeleton of the last person who went into that cave. :tongue: The bleeding effect of the rebel is good, and the way the figs are positioned is excellent and realistic too.

Overall, a wonderful creation, in my opinion, you really do have a nack for dioramas. I hope to see another of them soon. :thumbup:

Those snowtroopers will find em sooner or later :tongue:

How did you make that rebel helmet all white?

I bought it like that from bricklink.

Why is there a scout trooper if its on Hoth?

Somebody on FBTB pointed that out - my answer was I didnt have quite enough snowtroopers to balance the model properly. Then somebody else came up with this pic. - 3328445181_ef60afe48f_o.jpg

It's really cool. I like how you found new ways to use some of the parts. But i don't like it you gave the rebel that gun, sorry.

When I built it that was the only small pistol type gun I had. I didn't want to give them the full sized rifles like the snowtroopers have, I wanted them to be different, SO they got the brickarms guns. I have got some better ones now, but this dio got dismantled to build my Tantive IV Diorama so I can't replace them.

Thanks to everyone for your comments they are much appreciated. Just to wet your appitites, I'm currently working on a Cloud City Dio, a land based vehicle :wink: , and a (non star wars) brickfilm.

Thanks again,

Kaitan

Edited by Kaitan

Scouts were used on all imperial planets and ones on Hoth looked like this:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;picture=out

Basically a scout helmet on a snow trooper body and backpack. :thumbup: Easily MOCable because you could get the helmet and the torso from your collection. Then get the backpack from Arealight's BS shop. :thumbup:

Anyways, that MOC rocks! :cry_happy: I like the idea for the rebels hiding out in the cave. But with :vader: there the rebels are doomed. :thumbdown:

JD

EDIT: HEY! Katian beat me to posting the pic! :tongue:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Basically a scout helmet on a snow trooper body and backpack. :thumbup: Easily MOCable because you could get the helmet and the torso from your collection. Then get the backpack from Arealight's BS shop. :thumbup:

I don't think Arealight sells those backpacks, does he?

Perfect MOC. I would rate it 100% in my books, I love how the pilot is bleeding, it is very realistic.

......I can't describe how....amazing...this is......... :cry_happy:

If the dead skeleton is in a Wampa cave though, you could use viking horns and the orient expedition snow beast.

Edited by Darth Legolas