ADHO15

LEGO Digital Designer Relay Community Build

Hello everyone.

Welcome to the first ever LEGO Digital Designer Relay Community Build!

For this first model, we have chosen a Café Corner-style house. This makes it easy for everybody to contribute different things in their own way. Please stick to this theme and model.

Seeing as this is the first, it is essentially a test and so certain rules have to be inforced so we can see how it works.

20 people are allowed to take part. These will be the first twenty people added to the list. You can enter by posting here. If you've already expressed your interest in the 'LDD Community Build?' thread, you do not need to post again here.

Only vassals and up are allowed to take part. If you don't have more than 10 posts, you cannot use the PM system and so you won't be able to take part efficiently.

Each person can add up to 150 parts to the current model and must keep within the boundaries of the chosen theme.

DO NOT delete or edit any existing parts!

Please use only parts and colours that are available in real bricks.

You must complete all the steps below within two days of your turn beginning. Any parts that do not meet this deadline will not be included.

Your task:

Download the current LXF file from the PM I'll send you when it's your turn

Add your 150 parts

Save your version under a different file name and ZIP it

Upload the new model to a image-hosting site (ie. Brickshelf, flickr) and send a download link to me via the PM

I'll use this first post as an index for everyone involved and each person's stage in the build.

Superkalle will of course get the ball rolling.

The success of this model might mean more will be available in the future. :wink:

I hope you all enjoy participating! :sweet:

Participants:

Superkalle

ADHO15

CorneliusMurdock

alienwar9

SpiderSpaceman

CallMePie

Zblj

Eskallon

prateek

The Soup Nazi

wmanidi

Calabar

JCC1004

Daedalus304

Brickdoctor

KielDaMan

Bojan Pavsic

private_lego

mr. lego_bildur

Hinckley

Step 1

lddrcb01.jpg

Step 2

lddrcb02.jpg

Step 3

lddrcb03.jpg

Step 4

lddrcb04.jpg

Step 5

lddrcb05.jpg

Step 6

lddrcb06.jpg

Step 7

lddrcb07.jpg

Step 8

lddrcb08.jpg

Step 9

lddrcb09.jpg

Step 10

lddrcb10.jpg

Step 11

lddrcb11.jpg

Step 12

lddrcb12.jpg

Step 13

lddrcb13.jpg

Step 14

lddrcb14.jpg

Step 15

lddrcb15.jpg

Step 16

lddrcb16.jpg

Step 17

lddrcb17.jpg

Step 18

lddrcb18.jpg

Step 19

lddrcb19.jpg

Step 20

lddrcb20.jpg

All steps can be found in this folder.

Edited by ADHO15

OK, great setup.

And thanks for the honor of going first. I'll lay the foundation then :classic:

Wow, it's going to be interestings to see what this beast turns into :tongue:

You'll soon get the PM from me ADHO15!

Thanks, Superkalle.

There's one spot left.

Edited by ADHO15

This is pretty exciting. :laugh:

Will the first post be updated with a picture of the latest "step" after each turn, or will it be a surprise for each builder?

I'm done. Sending the file to ADHO15 for further relay to......oh, ADHO15 is next in line, now convinient :laugh:

:laugh: I'll start work on it soon.

This is pretty exciting. :laugh:

Will the first post be updated with a picture of the latest "step" after each turn, or will it be a surprise for each builder?

Have a look. :wink:

Proposal: Post only the link to the LXF (or perhaps only and image). Then only those who want to peek can click the link, and those who want to wait until can still follow the topic, without seeing the progressing steps.

How exciting! This idea sounds great.

I was sitting in the sidelines waiting for the kinks to be worked out in the previous thread, but now it seems that things are settled (for the most part): If the the one space is still available, I would love to take part.

Okay. All the places have been filled and I have finished my part. The model now stands at Step 3 with CorneliusMurdock. Links to the LXF files and pictures at each stage can be found in the first post.

Wow, that was fast! So, uh, are there any rules as to what I can build? Like, can I put General Grievous in my corner of the cafe? :grin: And when you say 'You can only use parts that are available as real bricks', we can still use Universe mode, just not make, say, a trans-blue Snowtrooper, right?

Wow, that was fast! So, uh, are there any rules as to what I can build? Like, can I put General Grievous in my corner of the cafe? :grin: And when you say 'You can only use parts that are available as real bricks', we can still use Universe mode, just not make, say, a trans-blue Snowtrooper, right?

As I said, you should stick to the theme we've chosen: Town. General Grievous is not commonplace in this kind of model. :tongue:

It is a house, remember, not a café.

Yes, that's right. I recommend using the Bricklink database to see if the part can be purchased in the colour you choose.

As I said, you should stick to the theme we've chosen: Town. General Grievous is not commonplace in this kind of model. :tongue:

It is a house, remember, not a café.

Ah, I must've missed that. :blush:

EDIT: Another question. :grin:

I can use subparts in different colors in combinations that aren't official as long as the parts themselves are official? e.g., using yellow hands on a Darth Vader torso?

And I assume illegal connections are a no. :tongue:

Edited by Brickdoctor

I understand we are supposed to stick to the theme of CC-style, and its a house, but say we want a shop in one floor, can we build towards that?

Also, if we lean towards more "stylized" building, or say we want to add a futuristic or western styled flavor to the house, or whatever wacky idea, is that ok?

Or say we want a car to have crashed into the side of the building, or even if we wanted to create a scene within the house, say a robbery or family dinner...I'm just throwing ideas out here, since my part is coming soon and I want to know what limits there are to building this :tongue:

Thanks for adding me to the list. :thumbup:

I will be ready whenever.

Cool. May I suggest you cross out the name if that person has gone already?

Ah, I must've missed that. :blush:

EDIT: Another question. :grin:

I can use subparts in different colors in combinations that aren't official as long as the parts themselves are official? e.g., using yellow hands on a Darth Vader torso?

And I assume illegal connections are a no. :tongue:

Sure, that's fine.

You assume correctly. :classic:

I understand we are supposed to stick to the theme of CC-style, and its a house, but say we want a shop in one floor, can we build towards that?

Also, if we lean towards more "stylized" building, or say we want to add a futuristic or western styled flavor to the house, or whatever wacky idea, is that ok?

Or say we want a car to have crashed into the side of the building, or even if we wanted to create a scene within the house, say a robbery or family dinner...I'm just throwing ideas out here, since my part is coming soon and I want to know what limits there are to building this :tongue:

We are building a house, not a shop. Obviously you can't edit what other people have done, so you may want to try to make your part match, or not.

Any creative ideas or scenes that fit the theme of a 'house' are welcome. :classic:

Thanks for adding me to the list. :thumbup:

I will be ready whenever.

No problem. :classic:

Cool. May I suggest you cross out the name if that person has gone already?

Certainly! :classic:

I don't have a brickshelf account yet, ADHO so here's the file. lddrcb02.lxf.zip

I'd also like to say that maybe we should add a rule that says we can edit some things but give a limit of say 5 pieces that we can change (not delete). MAybe you can only move or change their color. This is so that if one of us encounters something that may be difficult to work around, it can be slightly altered. For example, I think steps inside the building waste space but could see no other way to come down from the door. What I wanted to do was bring the floor up to meet the door frame but that would leave the windows sunken into the floor. I went halfway and moved the floor one plate height. I wish I could have moved the windows by two plate heights to make it so they can be more level with a tiled floor. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Can't wait to see what this turns into. :classic:

The rule says we should add 150 pieces on our turn. I know we should not go beyond the 150 limit, but how about adding less than 150? Is that allowed?

The rule says we should add 150 pieces on our turn. I know we should not go beyond the 150 limit, but how about adding less than 150? Is that allowed?

I'm sure that's fine, considering the steps so far have less than 150 bricks.

I'd also like to say that maybe we should add a rule that says we can edit some things but give a limit of say 5 pieces that we can change (not delete).

Sounds like a good idea

And from what I understood talking to ADHO15, there is a MAX 150 piece limit (and this is just to keep the model from swelling over), but you could certainly go BELOW 150 bricks.

When it's finished, I'll try to commemorate it with an appearance (hopefully tasteful) in Brick.

It's interesting to see what other people do with your creation. I'd bet Lego initially never thought about LDD being used for community AFOL builds or webcomic production.