Sign in to follow this  
Mercury

Hello Everyone!

My name is Sean, and I've just rediscovered LEGO. I grew up in the 80's and 90's playing with Lego, specifically the Castle sets and a few others that I can't remember. I gave my whole collection to a cousin when I turned 18. Stupid, I know. My son turned 7 this year and asked for the Lego Jurassic World Indominus Rex Breakout set for his birthday. I had so much fun building it and the two other sets he got that I decided to start reading online about AFOL's and making myself feel better about wanting to buy toys at the age of 30! I have discovered that I have an interest in collecting minifigs, and I've started buying some that I like. I grabbed a few Harry Potter minifigs off Ebay the other day, along with a President Business from the Lego Movie. I can see myself buying sets down the road, but as I found out today my son LOVES anything LEGO I buy, so we are sharing. I picked up Iron Man vs Ultron set 76029 today because I wanted Ironman. Needless to say, my son ended up with the ship and one of the sentry minifigs because he's just so darn adorable I couldn't keep it to myself.

Tonight has been expensive, I decided that since the set I bought today didn't come with Ultron, I really need Ultron. All three versions. So I bought them, each listing claims they are authentic Lego, so we'll see. All the others I have bought are authentic. I'm tossing around the idea of picking up a few more Age of Ultron Minifigs, but I have to sell some stuff first!

I'm considering getting a few sets for Christmas(as a gift from my wife of course!), and I have a few ideas. Anyone have any tips on collecting minifigs? I think I'm going to focus on some current production stuff that I know will become rare down the road, like the Age of Ultron rare minifigs. You know Ultimate Ultron and the Vision will be hard to find cheap in a few years.

Anyway, I look forward to years of discussion and learning, thanks for reading!

Edited by Mercury

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I'm having a blast reading the forums. I've realized I don't have the money to collect everything I want, but I sure am enjoying picking up what I can afford. I checked out bricklink, that looks promising. Ebay has been my primary source until now. Right now I'm focusing on just the Avengers Age of Ultron minifigs, and after I get all of those I will rest(my wallet) a bit and maybe start on the Lego Movie set or something. These minifigs are so much more detailed than they were when I was a kid, it's amazing.

Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm having a blast, I've gotten all of the Avengers Age of Ultron Minifigs, and 4 of the sets from that movie including the Hulkbuster, which I display along with the minifigs. I am branching out into TLM minifigs, and modular sets too. I'm looking hard at the Parisian Restaurant and the Detectives office. I love those sets, very detailed and interesting.

Welcome to EB! I agree, Bricklink and Ebay may be the easiest ways to go for minifigs. Be sure to check thoroughly first though before buying. Cheers!