cole

Rebel Pilot Battle-Pack.

indexed.gif

Item#: ????

Pieces: 70 and four mini-figures.

As the battle between the Rebels and the Empire rages across the galaxy, the Rebel Army gathers it's troops for a massive space battle! Build up your army with the Rebel Pilot Battle-Pack!

Inclueds:

Three Rebel Pilots

A Rebel Mechanic

Tool and gun racks

Boarding ladder

Work table

Rebel Hangar Transport

3879359363_1518d9c050_o.jpg

3879359419_012c02c6f3_o.jpg

3880156692_51daed538f_o.jpg

3880156988_55b6412987_o.jpg

3879360161_7589af15b7_o.jpg

My reason for making this set (Other than my abundance of reble pilots) would be that I always liked the small little things that came in the Star Wars spaceship sets, like the ladders and tools. I hoped to get a good feal of what it would be like in the hangers, with transports whipping around, pilots boarding the ships and mechanics working on droids and engines.

Edited by KimT
indexed

Great work cole! I really like your idea of not having the idea of "battle" in yours with all the tools and equipment used for fixing stuff. I really like how you have the guy fixing the astromech droids head and the transport with the spare parts in it.

Its good to see an entry in the contest and good luck! :thumbup:

Wow, great entry :thumbup:. I wish there were Battlepacks like this which weren't necessarily all about battle. Maybe the pilots are trained in hand to hand combat, that would make it a battlepack :grin:.

Great entry, cole! :thumbup:

I love the idea of building up the sort of 'behind the scenes' bit as well as the actual battles. Although the sets provide sufficient pilots and mechanics with the ships themselves, I like the idea and would probably get one anyway.

If you were to imagine TLG making this product, would you want it to be exactly the same, or would you like new pieces included that you don't have access to (eg. new helmet & face designs, new parts entirely)?

Good work. :sweet:

I think this is excellent cole! It would come in handy, with all those accesories and pilots! :thumbup:

I would buy quite a few of them. :classic:

If that were a real battle pack, I'd snatch it right off the shelves!

Same here, it looks great.

Nice BP. It would definitely compliment any Rebel base setup. With nothing for them to pilot, Rebel pilots are useless to me, so I wouldn't buy it, but for what it's supposed to be, it's very well executed. :thumbup: Good luck.

Just one question: Why were you in such a hurry to enter? :tongue:

Looks really good, i'd personally change a pilot for an astromech or one of the grey suited techies from the newer A-wing.

The little liftladder (for want of a technical term) and the cart look really good for the small piece count.

Looks really good, i'd personally change a pilot for an astromech or one of the grey suited techies from the newer A-wing.

The little liftladder (for want of a technical term) and the cart look really good for the small piece count.

I just came up with an idea based of yours but it might not be allowed. I noticed there was the Gonk droid head in the yellow transport vehicle. Would you be able to add the feet separate in the carrier without making it another minifig because they aren't attached? You could do the same and have the astromech droid body and legs in the back of the vehicle too. Probably not allowed but worth a try. And besides it's up to you how you want it.

Edited by Skipper 24

I just came up with an idea based of yours but it might not be allowed. I noticed there was the Gonk droid head in the yellow transport vehicle. Would you be able to add the feet separate in the carrier without making it another minifig because they aren't attached? You could do the same and have the astromech droid body and legs in the back of the vehicle too. Probably not allowed but worth a try. And besides it's up to you how you want it.

I had the exact same idea, but I figured it wouldn't be aloud, as it would basicly be adding another minifig, just taken apart. That's why I tried to add some intresting parts, like the gonk droid head and green astromech and the old underwater helmet, to give some cool peices, as the BPs are usualy the bare minimum.

ADHO15: I don't realy thank any new peices are necissary, except maybe a new fleshie pilot head, but of course new peices would be nice!

Oky: I wasn't realy in a hurry, but I had nothing else to build, so I just desided to start on this, and finished up a couple hours later, so I posted it.

Edited by cole

I have a shortage of pilots and this would be useful. I'd want one with the blue symbol rather then Luke's helmet. ITLG would probably add a droid. Like you I also love those little ships and things included in SW sets ad other themes.

Edited by JCC1004

This is cool. I have a shortage of pilots. I want one with the blue symbol. I really like this. I would add a droid. Like you I also love those little ships and things included in SW sets.

Thank you. I was going to add a blue helmet. But I could only use three. I would have added a droid. But then there'd be only two pilots. Like you I also enjoy speaky in increadbly short scentances.

:tongue: Just joking.

Impressive turn-around time there, cole! :thumbup:

I like the overall look of it, and particularly like the 3-car cart and the Indy-faced pilot. I'm less keen on the technician, though I realize you're stuck with a tan outfit if you base him on ANH. Anyway, great work!

Edited by Pellaeon

Nice entry cole, this would make a great battlepack!

I like the way you've focued on lots of accessories such as the boarding ladder and transport, those would be excellent for fleshing out a hangar scene. I noticed you've used the sullustan head for one of your pilots too; such a nice, versatile head - I've got one as one of my A-wing pilots :laugh:

Good luck in the contest!

Thank you. I was going to add a blue helmet. But I could only use three. I would have added a droid. But then there'd be only two pilots. Like you I also enjoy speaky in increadbly short scentances.

:tongue: Just joking.

I didn't even realize that. :tongue: It almost sounds robotic except the last one. I think I'm going to fix that, now. I like the pilot with Pettygrew's face.

Sure Simon, but it'll have to wait a few days, as I've taken them apart and some of the peices are in a MOC right now.

Thanks for all the comments guys, gald you like it!

Rules Of Entry:

• 4 Minifigs - brickbuilt minifigs counts a minifig (no more, no less).
  • 50-70 Parts (minifigs not included).
  • Custom minifigs and accessories allowed (Brickforge, Brickarms and so forth).
  • No clone brand parts (megablocks, blocko and so forth).
  • No baseplates (or large parts like BURP).
  • S@H-like Description (check the descriptions on shop.lego.com for inspiration).
  • Own motivation for creating set (why these figs and accessories?).
  • Max 5 pictures from different angles - One of which should be a box diplay/image.
  • Please include a link to off-site folder with more pics or higher resolution pictures (optional).
  • Max picture resolution is 800x600.
  • No large parts - it's a Battle Pack and should resemble existing BP's in size and contents.
  • Only one entry per member.
  • 'Real' entries only - no digital entries.
  • Entry has to be a new MOC.

A good entry :thumbup:

But perhaps you could be persuaded to highlight (with italic or bold lettering) your motivation and S@H Comment?

To me this really resembles the size, minifigs and parts used in original BP's.

That's a great entry, cole! :thumbup:

I really :wub: it!

I indeed can't imagine TLG releasing this one since most people surely would only buy one - and BPs are there for buying many of them.

Nevertheless the composition of the different contents - minifigs, small vehicle and additional stuff - is great!

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter