Sign in to follow this  
TheBlackFool

(WIP), My Corner Fire Brigade

Hi again! Here to show my work in progress my modular 64x32 corner fire brigade. I tried to do something a little unique compared to other FB mods, and I don't see many corner mods. I'm going to rip apart a lot of it later to tweak some seams and get a sturdier design in some areas. I don't particularly like my bell tower, and will probably redesign the whole thing to make it....blockier.

Sorry about the picture size. I'm riding the strugglebus today.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/CSIguy/FireBrigadeMod/091320141003.jpg

Edited by Rick
Please resize your pictures when you find some time and keep embedded images to a maximum of 1,024 x 768 pixels.

That's a good idea! I was mostly working on the floors separately for now, so at the time I was just trying to make them symmetrical. I'm probably going to bricklink some parts for tweaking, so a finished product might be a while. I might actually move the garage door over to be under the other window instead. What do you think?

My only suggestion is leveling out the second floor windows......a bit high, a bit low.......the window seals should be all the same height.

Still it's a very nice modular.......Brick On 'TheBlackFool' ! :grin:

I love the conversion. The only thing I would do is try to work away the large gray wall left from the garage doors. Maybe fit the window a bit to the left so there is room for a second window, or just make it a large window.

The decorative brickwork around the door and corner is really good. I think the windows on the upper floor look fine as they are, maybe just have a similar lintel over the plain central window to the two end ones to keep the style the same. Looking forward to seeing more!

Let me start by saying the building looks great! It really does, apart from where it looks like the roof isn't quite finished. I have a very petty nitpick, but I feel addressing it will make the MOC much better.

It looks like you built the corner by alternating this piece with SNOT cheese slopes. However, cheese slopes don't have the nice 45-degree angle that the building really needs in that situation. I see you've alternated which side of the corner the slope attaches to in order to remedy the problem, but it is still off-putting to look at. I have two solutions, with their pros and cons.

The first is to keep stacking those facet bricks ^^. This solution is not ideal because then you'll just have a 2x2 column of facet bricks that isn't attached to anything else. You could interleave the bricks with plates (so you can attach the column to the rest of the building) and hope no-one minds the gap.

The other solution is to use 3x3 facet bricks and, in alternating layers, attach headlight bricks (for flush-ness, instead of bricks 1x1 with 1 stud) and 1x2 tiles. I much prefer this solution because the corner of the building will have a smother curve, which it looks like you're already going for. This solution is not ideal because you'll have to rebuild a significant portion of the corner (but the MOC will look much better in the end!)

I've whipped up these solutions in LDD using multiple colours for clarity, so you can see exactly what I mean:

untitled2.png

Looks nice! Although I would rework the second floor so the big windows are directly above the garage doors.

I love the conversion. The only thing I would do is try to work away the large gray wall left from the garage doors. Maybe fit the window a bit to the left so there is room for a second window, or just make it a large window.

Hi "TheBlackFool". I really like you MOD of the Fire Brigade by giving it a corner build. Refreshing to see this.

I tend to agree with "Carson Haupt" about the 2nd floor window's. I made my Mod with the big windows above the garage doors and this may give you an idea of how it will look!

http://www.eurobrick...topic=79752&hl=

It might need you to move the bay over by 2 studs, but this would help to reduce the amount of "Grey wall" as "Paul Lanski" states. Also the ground floor window could be 6 wide to help reduces this. Just a thought but looks good so far!

Edited by scottwb2010