Sign in to follow this  

I wanted to build a better suit of armor for Macy than the ultimate version, and...it kind of just snowballed from there. Features include an opening cockpit, full articulation, rotating dual mace, dual blasters (can be activated via gears) and a brickbuilt shield that can hold a minifig shield. I also replicated her ponytail. When I initially built this and took pictures of it, I slightly underestimated the size of this piece (used in the shield), which LDD doesn't have and I, as such, represented with a Nexo Knights cockpit piece. It's an easy fix, though, requiring simply that I replace the 2x4 slopes with 2x3 ones.

28466100874_f7b12a2dbb.jpg

29054791916_8717630df0.jpg

Gallery

Comments and criticism appreciated!

I'm gonna say i don't like the tail. That's the only thing though, all other stuff looks cool, great idea and execution.

Maybe try to make the mace a bit bigger, the end i mean.

To me the large mace looks kind of comical and even a little fluffy if you look at it for long enough. But you could have been going for a wider design, so I shouldn't assume things.

I myself would suggest either making the handle/stick part thinner, of making the spiked parts bigger. But hey, it's complete if you're satisfied with it.

Edited by gamejutzu

I mostly tried to make the whole mace look like a larger version of Macy's minifig-sized one, while also allowing it to reach the ground to allow it to knock over minifigures for play value. I supposed I could make the mace head larger while making the handle shorter. Any ideas on how to make the mace head larger?

I love the cockpit, feet, and stud shooters on the mech, but the mace itself is a little strange. I think it would look a lot better if you made it one-sided and made the handle skinny using Technic parts. :thumbup:

I love the cockpit, feet, and stud shooters on the mech, but the mace itself is a little strange. I think it would look a lot better if you made it one-sided and made the handle skinny using Technic parts. :thumbup:

Hmmm, that gives me an idea for a spring-loaded version.

A spring-loaded mace?

Yup, pull the lever back against the direction of the spring, release it, and watch any figures in the mace's path go flying.

pull the lever back against the direction of the spring, release it, and watch any figures in the mace's path go flying.

So the mace would turn into a spiked ball and chain? I like it.

So the mace would turn into a spiked ball and chain? I like it.

No, it'd be a regular mace, but it'd simply be close to the ground by default, sweeping upwards. A chain variation that starts high up could be done using the same mechanism, but pressing a lever that's low enough to the ground for that to work would be a lot more difficult to press. Here's the mechanism:

spring_mechanism_illustrated.png

You simply press the lever forwards, causing the lever beam to push against the suspension piece. You then position the mech so that the mace at the end of the lever is in front of your target. The spring's force is then released when you remove your finger from the lever, causing the mace to move forward with said force, hitting your target.

Edited by DraikNova

spring_mechanism_illustrated.png

Ah, gotcha. It's still pretty cool nontheless.

Say, Lego should honestly make the ball and chain mace weapon have an actual chain variation, don't you think?

Edited by gamejutzu

Pretty cool idea and I like the tail! I think it needs more spikes, though. :wink:

I also like the weapons, too. I would suggest modular weapons emplacements, that way you could switch out between the dual-end mace, the long, thin handled mace, the lever-action mace, and maybe a huge chain flail. You could even do something similar with the southpaw too.

Damn, now I want to build one for myself. :classic:

They are already somewhat modular, since all that is needed to exchange two parts is replacing a 2x2x2 section that is relatively loosely secured. I could probably enhance the modularity by replacing these with these, so the modules can be swapped out more easily, although this would come at the cost of the arms becoming floppier due to lack of friction..