Peppermint_M

Action Themes Halloween: Spook Central

Cool, but what is the difference between Creature's Lair and Monster Bash?

I am a little confused with difference between the Creature Lair and Monster Bash instructions. Are the both the same hanging out and having some tunes and fun?

Creature Lair

Every swamp creature has his pad, every vampire his coffin and the mad scientist would be nothing without his lab! Build your favourite monster a classy crypt they can retire too after a long night a-scaring.

The Monsters and the Fighters don't always have to battle. Some nights they all agree to just kick back and relax. Build those groovy ghouls and funky fighters getting down to some cool tunes, hanging out or just having some fun!

Prizes will be announced later.

Monster Bash

The Monsters and the Fighters don't always have to battle. Some nights they all agree to just kick back and relax. Build those groovy ghouls and funky fighters getting down to some cool tunes, hanging out or just having some fun!

Prizes will be announced later.

Hmm, there was a double dip. I will go sweep it up.

EDIT: Fixed, this is what happens when you are launching six threads in succession, all solo. I have to find someone drift compatible to help out!

So many wonderful categories in this contest makes me very pleased. :sweet:

Halloween is the best holiday of the year and I wish the best of luck to everyone!

Cool, but what is the difference between Creature's Lair and Monster Bash?

That was apparently just a mistake. It's been corrected.

Monster Bash = Monsters and Monster Fighters partying/having fun together

Creature's Lair = home for your favourite monster

Edited by Elrond

I am going all out with this. After watching some Halloween Wars on TV the other night, I was wondering if we'd do some Halloweeny things here at EB. My wish was granted, and I can't wait to see what everyone will come up with in these contests.

It's interesting. I was initially excited to see that there are 5 new contests for Monster Fighters, as I have been constantly working on a fairly large (only by my standards) MOC for a few weeks which could easily be converted into Monster Fighters theme. I was dissapointed to see that the contests are all limited to 16 x 16 vignettes. This is a good balance between accessibility and building potential for many people, but I think that there should still be just one of these contests that allows larger models. The Creature's Lair contest would be a good one to expand to larger models, as it is likely to involve architectural and maybe geological building. Leave the other contests for 16x16 vignettes though, as they already are.

The other Entry Threads are not up yet? This is really a great contest/s! Similar to the Ninjago one earlier this year (or was it last year?)!

I have some entry threads to post later today, so watch this space!

Also, sticking with 16x16 as the largest makes it accessable but also a good potential size for a lot of creations. If there was a longer deadline then maybe a much larger scale would be offered but due to time constraints I did not want to put people off.

This will be fun... Although I don't own any monster fighters, I'll definitely give this a try!

Well, everything has now closed! I will be locking the entry threads and putting the voting threads up by Sunday.

Cheers everyone, thanks for making all those cool entries to the contests!

I'm gonna assume you'll be announcing the prizes at the same time, too?

Excited! Thanks for hosting this, it was a ton of fun!

-Sci

Can someone please tell me when we can start voting and where as there a few i would like to vote on.

cheers

Tazzy

Can someone please tell me when we can start voting and where as there a few i would like to vote on.

cheers

Tazzy

As Peppermint_M said, tomorrow ...

Edited by SlimShady

Ok, Avatars are gonna be a raffle.

You too would think this once you have made four massive voting threads!