Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch17

Adventurers / Ninjago crossover- Tramp Steam ship - Morrow II

Fictional background:

Built in 1917 for Throwing Star Freight Lines as an ocean going tramp steam ship, the Morrow II was constructed in a far off land not shown on any Earth globe or map. The ship is commanded by Captain Karloff and has been used by Lord Sam Sinister at various times in many schemes involving stolen artifacts and lost treasures. Secretly however, Captain Karloff is working with Johnny Thunder to compile a file on Sam's activities to give to the proper authorities at some point in the future. However, Karloff must be careful – those who dare cross Lord Sam Sinister are few – and those who survive betraying him are even less in numbers!

18785408121_e02d03d6b0_z.jpg

Real background:

I built this ship from two Adventurers sets: I used the boat from set 5975 (T-Rex Transport) and modified slightly to resemble set 5976 (River Expedition). The ship features a boiler, steering wheel and a bigger smoke-stack. I have also added a complete bridge with removable roof instead of the open topped one on my previous version of the ship.

Also, this ship is meant to have a Ninjago connection in as such that Karloff from set 70756 (Dojo Showdown) became a sea captain and commands this ship in journeys from Ninjago across the Endless Ocean, through the Sea of Time and into Johnny Thunder's world of the early 1900's and back. The name of the company he runs under is called "Throwing Star" after the ninja weapon and the many White / Red / Yellow Star ocean-going companies of the 1900's, such as White Star Lines, of RMS Titanic fame.

18756573266_8208394a18_z.jpg

Here you can see inside the bridge, featuring a large steering wheel.

18785407981_728b29242b_z.jpg

The rear of the ship is not very detailed. As a side note: The ship can hold Sam Sinister's car in the front section. Alternatively, it could hold random freight / crates.

18160260114_af2e01b5aa_o.png

After competing in the Tournament of Elements, Karloff, Master of Metal, left Ninjago and became a ship captain for the Throwing Star Freight Lines. He makes runs of Master Chen's noodles to the world of Johnny Thunder, where the fast food-style noodle house is a massive hit. To travel across time and space to early 20th century Earth from Ninjago, Captain Karloff travels from his base at New Ninjago City to Chen's Island, where he picks up noodles, sauce, fortune cookies, and other foodstuffs. He then travels past Astor City to AnitMatter's former hideout, where a large portal transports his ship (the Morrow II) across The Ocean of Space & the Sea of Time to a stretch of ocean in between Bermuda and the coast of Florida. He then sails to various ports of call on both sides of the Atlantic ocean before heading back to the Bermuda Triangle and on to his home base at the New Ninjago City docks.

NOTE: Captain Karloff should be wearing this suit and pants with the hat shown above: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=wc010

This ship is next on the to-buy list, just before Johnny Thunder's office and way ahead of Sinister Manor.

LDD file for Karloff and his ship: http://www.mocpages.com/user_images/80135/1434238746m.lxf

I think this ship lacks the Ninjago style far to much to call this a Ninjago crossover. A back story and minifig don't count for that either. This doesn't mean that I don't like the ship and it's backstory :wink:

I think this ship lacks the Ninjago style far to much to call this a Ninjago crossover. A back story and minifig don't count for that either. This doesn't mean that I don't like the ship and it's backstory :wink:

I agree with you 100%. I just named / wrote it as such because I was struggling to come up with a backstory for it. Plus, Karloff's head was already in LDD and I hadn't used it up to that point...

Thanks for commenting though!

Edited by Murdoch17