14322088743_96ac819f8a_c.jpg

14115268228_a3585d48ca_c.jpg

14115226389_e843679af2_c.jpg

14299987352_6a7cf50127_c.jpg

14115284330_5edb508b42_c.jpg

14115267078_976415d6b0_z.jpg

14322087133_10106f8d85_z.jpg

14299989692_24eddd251d_z.jpg

Prilo, A Hand of Corruption agent, enters the throne room before Rokkar just as General Grimm reported he would.

Prilo: Lord Raavage sends tidings to his great allies, the Zugal, in this important hour.

Rokkar’s fingers glide gently over the scroll Grimm claimed he recovered from an agent of The Hand sent to Zar Strongfist and the Zugal's greatest enemies, the Dragon Masters. Rokkar moves his right index finger and thumb against his face as he leans hard on his elbow.

Rokkar: Important hour? What news does Raavage send his great allies? What service can the Zugal be to their great master?

Prilo senses the sarcasm in Rokkar’s voice. He looks nervously around the room and hears the soft clicking of the whispers of the Zugal host surrounding him. He had heard about Rokkar and Korrak, the wingless raven brothers with faces of birds and bodies of men; the brutal and fantastic duo that had trained and bred a whole host of raven warriors to capture this small piece of land from the Dragon Masters. To Prilo, the Eyrie was just another rock in the swamp, just like Abyssian, but to the Zugal this was the only place that had ever been home. Unease washes over Prilo, but he has no reason to know Rokkar’s temperament. He was sent to deliver a scroll, and so he would deliver it.

Prilo: A message from your master and mine. Sealed and carried by me alone to your great fortress. It is sent directly from Raavage for your eyes only.

A Zugal warrior flaps its wings, springing from the shadows to snatch the scroll from Prilo’s grip. The warrior flips the scroll to Rokkar as Prilo recoils in shock . Rokkar opens the scroll, reads it quickly and tosses it casually to his brother, Korrak.

Rokkar: It appears authentic, does it not, Korrak?

Korrak: Yes brother, just like the other.

Prilo’s hair begins to raise on the back of his neck as the clicking from the Zugal becomes louder.

Prilo: The other?

Korrak and Rokkar grin, or whatever the equivalent of a grin is to the Zugal.

Korrak: Yes Prilo, this is not the first message we have received from Raavage today.

Rokkar quickly stops his brother from saying more. He would not have him reveal who delivered the scroll. He would seek to shelter Grimm for the great service he had performed, should it be true.

Rokkar: Allow me to read a passage from another scroll sent to our enemy, Zar Strongfist, intercepted by my men today. “Zar Strongfist, I send you tidings in this, our most important hour.”

Korrak glanced angrily over at Prilo.

Rokkar: “I send this message with the hope that a new alliance between our two great nations will benefit our mutual interests. In exchange for your vow to help my army take the fortress of Abyssian, I, Raavage, Lord of the Darklands, promise a restoration of your lands in Avalonia…”

Rokkar pauses briefly but there is no reaction from Prilo. Either he did not know of this second message or Grimm is a liar. The raven does not need to refocus his eyes on the scroll as he has already memorized the final passages of the scroll.

Rokkar: “… and to cede the Zugal’s Eyrie to you, our new friends. I send this message in great confidence by my most trusted agent for your eyes only.”

Prilo is not surprised by the words in the scroll. He considers questioning the authenticity of the scroll, but he can tell his voice and eyes will betray him. The outcome of this exchange seemingly inevitable, the only control he now has is over how quickly he dies. Prilo pulls a knife from a sheath inside his left sleeve and plunges it into his heart. A high pitched screech bellows out from the Zugal host.

Korrak: Then Grimm has told the truth. The Spire seeks to betray us.

Rokkar: Yes, it is true. When word of the agent’s death reaches the Spire, an attack will come. We must strike at our enemies now while we have the advantage. Release the ravens and ready my mount. We go to war!

********** About this MOC **********

A few months ago ZCerberus contacted me about doing a Nocturnus collaboration. We decided to pit his Dragon Masters against my Ravens (Zugal), and this is my contribution. The overall MOC was initially inspired by the Eyrie in the Game of Thrones universe, and the architecture was inspired by Noddy's Brother's Tower.

********** Other Parts of the Story **********

Throne Room at Farnhorn Collab Prelude Part I

The Spider's Chambers Collab Predlude Part II

The Ruins Collab Display Part I

Dragon Keep Collab Display Part II

Zugal's Eyrie Collab Display Part III

Fracture Collab Display

Wow! Love the tower! Brilliant texturing and detailing! I love the look you've developed for the Ravens' architecture! Inspiring work! :sweet::thumbup:

And boom goes the dynamite!

The pictures are good, but this build is even better in person!

If you haven't already guessed, this MOC "fits" with The Ruins and Dragon Keep. The whole collab will be posted later, but for now comment on this brilliant MOC!

Absolutely beautiful! I have always loved your building style, but this one is over the top! There are so many cool little details in here that I don't even know where to begin. I am just glad that the two of you decided to do this project together as it has netted some amazing stuff already

wow.

very nice. I wish I could see this in person. so many nice things here. well done

Not only is the build fantastic, but the story is superb as well! This collab is turning up awesomeness after awesomeness!

Fantastic build, but I have a perhaps silly question: how do you keep it from tipping over?

Brilliant! I love the rockwork and the tower is also very nice :thumbup:. I already can't wait to see the whole collaboration!

Seeing this, I still want to join Nocturnus :laugh:

Edited by Simon_S

Absolutely fantastic moc. Love all the angles and the greebles.

Kinda looks like it's about to fall over, just spectacular!

Please make some close-up from the foliage and the tower, they are fantastic, but the details cannot be seen.

I love the story, it's getting trickier and trickier. Is there any faction who doesn't betray/be betrayed by someone?

Wow. Just wow. This is jaw dropping. I love the foliage and river, and I really like how you managed to make it look like the towers were carved right out of the rock. Fantastic work my friend!

What a stunning and complex build, man this is just epic!

Everything complements itself so well, from that incredible castle to the detailed landscaping. I've seen you use that rockwork technique in your other builds, and here you've really mastered it. In fact, this looks like it just about defies gravity. The path in particular is masterfully done.

Torgar, Z, my head is starting to hurt from the number of times my mind's been blown this week. I've had a blast reading the stories and gazing over the MOCs in this collab - and I have no doubt that I've chosen the right guild!

That rock work :drool: It's gorgeous! :wub_drool: Love the story too, this collab has been great!

This is a very spectacualr build! The textures and foliage are very awesome, and I love the big crow :wub:

That's huge, and wonderfully detailed, you guys did an amazing job with this colab - can't wait to see it all together (that is going to happen right??)

As lovely as everything is here, my absolute favorite part is that raven, it's gorgeous :wub: We had a pair (of ravens) take up residence in our barn, and between them and their youngins, they make quite the mess - I think several large lego raven droppings covering a good part of the MOC would really add to the realism :grin:

Dude, I love it! the nest and rocks are amazingly done! Must have taken a while to come up with the amazing wing design for the flying beast. It kinda reminds me of the Razac from the Eragon book series too.

Well done!

I have no doubt that I've chosen the right guild!

The few, the proud, the Nocturnians!

Now if only we could get our old juggernauts back in the action...

LD, Taz, ISC... come home fellows, come home!

Just amazing. The mix of angled/snot/regular rocks is flawless, and Eyrie looks like it's been carved from the rock it sits on. And I just love the pathway winding through the rocks! Not to mention that incredible raven, which is just beautiful. Awesome job on this!

Incredible build! I really like both the overall shape of the build and the numerous excellent details, you've really outdone yourself here :classic:

This build is just stunning! Before reading the description I thought it looks like the seat of House Arryn from "A Song of Ice and Fire", the show is really good for a lot of inspriation.

What I like about your build is that you have avoided the use of regular green what makes the scene quite dark to create that certain Nocturns atmosphere.

The rockwork is also lovely and in combination with the well done textures of the castle walls you have created a beautiful castle.

Wow, just stunning! The rockwork is just mindblowing! I love how the path leads in and out of the rock! The castle itself is top notch! Bravo!

Majestic build :wub: Everything about it is superb, but some of my favorite parts are: the tilted rockwork, you've definitely mastered it; the Nocty plant life, and the winding path to the fortress. The fortress itself looks massive and intimidating :thumbup: