andythenorth

MOC: tanker wagons (inspired by 10016)

traintech1.jpg

MOC of tanker wagons inspired by 10016. I'll post more pictures (including build) when I get some done :)

There are 3 of these in dark-bluish grey, I'm also building some in white.

I did buy parts for an exact build of 10016, but when I got started I decided I didn't like the look of 10016 that much. The container wagon in the 2010 Cargo Train gave me ideas for a much better chassis. Getting the ladder area right took much trial-and-error though :cry_happy:

4824382643_812f7b6085.jpg

4824987564_9fa94f8fd8.jpg

4824993138_b3f08b716e.jpg

Edited by TheBrickster

MOC of tanker wagons inspired by 10016. I'll post more pictures (including build) when I get some done :)

Im on the same wavelength having been designing up some LDD versions in Dark Red and Yellow (from the Farmyard sets). Ive also seen other versions on Ebay (search 'Lego Custom train') and recently a XXL version (I lost the bid) which was 3 cylinders long, and looked really nice.

I really like the improved flatbed / design - did you have to use pieces from the Cargo train or was there a large bricklink order(s)?

Edited by roamingstudio

Excellent tankers 'andythenorth' - good choice of using grey - gives it a real industrial feel !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Your waggons are simply amazing and they definitely look better than 10016! Great choice of colours! The modifications done to the chassis are also great and the way you've attached the ladders is also ingenious! :thumbup:

Beautiful yet simple tankers andythenorth!

I love the use of Aquazone pieces to support the ladders.

Makes me want to make some myself. :sweet:

Great job! :thumbup:

oh wow, i want to make some of these! they are beautiful! What set do the big half cylinders come in? and those blue peices?

They can be had from Bricklink. The grey and blue colour scheme isn't too expensive. Some of the other colours cost more :)

Quarter round panels: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=30562

Quarter round bricks: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2577

8x8 Radar dish for the ends: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3961

Would a parts list be useful? I'm not promising to find the bricklink page for every single piece but I don't mind listing the basic inventory for one of these wagons.

Well done, these look great. They also look like they'd be perfectly interchangeable between 6 and 8 wide layouts. I think I'll have to buy some parts and build me some.

--Tony

I bought parts for 3 of them; cost roughly $18 each. Pretty cheap to build. Parts are easily available too. You may be interested in selling these on ebay with a $30 price tag; they'd sell like hotcakes.

I bought parts for 3 of them; cost roughly $18 each. Pretty cheap to build. Parts are easily available too. You may be interested in selling these on ebay with a $30 price tag; they'd sell like hotcakes.

Interesting idea. I'll think about it. I see these expensive MOCs on ebay and wonder who buys them though?

I always figure the parts are cheaper on Bricklink, and building is part of the fun.

I guess finding all the parts on Bricklink is quite some work though, maybe some people don't like go to that trouble :)

Interesting idea. I'll think about it. I see these expensive MOCs on ebay and wonder who buys them though?

I always figure the parts are cheaper on Bricklink, and building is part of the fun.

I guess finding all the parts on Bricklink is quite some work though, maybe some people don't like go to that trouble :)

I used to sell a few train MOCs on ebay. The cheaper ones sell fast; I built a very cheap freight engine (parts cost about $12 total) and I sold 8 of them for $40 a piece. Another thing you could do is sell instructions for it; its a really cheap and easy build, and I could imagine money to be made. If you're not interested in the ebay selling thing, I could build/list them, and share the profits. as the creator though, I feel you deserve full credit, and it should be your thing to do, not mine.

i love your tanker wagon. I had to build it myself.

DSC_2300.JPG

DSC_2299.JPG

I also did a longer version:

DSC_2302.JPG

DSC_2301.JPG