Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Croissant

L'Aigle MOC WIP

It's quite a long time ago since I posted the last update. In the meantime I worked a lot on my ship, so now it's worthy to show something of it again :pir-classic:

Btw, these were my last updates: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?...45&hl=aigle

For the ones who didn't know, this is going to be a french corvette (I think) with 18 guns on the gun deck and a few on the main deck.

First an overall look:

dsc03880.jpg

and another one:

dsc03881.jpg

This is the inside of the ship. It's going to have more white in it and a lot of lanters, which I have already made but they are not in the ship yet. The big black thing in front of the picture is the galley.

dsc03885.jpg

dsc03886.jpg

This is the stern. Ofcourse it's not the endproduct. But I am going to use these windows and the yellow wings (thanks to Cap'n Blackmoor).

dsc03887.jpg

This is me eating croissants on the deck :pir-sweet:

dsc03888.jpg

Another overall view:

dsc03890.jpg

And finally, the bow of the ship.

dsc03882.jpg

And an important question: As you can see, the figurehead is rubbish, but I can't make a better one. So if someone has an idea to make a figurehead of an eagle I would really appreciate it. If it's a good design I'm going to use it on my ship

More on Brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=384246

Well, that was it, feel free to tell me what you think of it :pir-sweet:

Edited by SlyOwl

I like the color scheme and the fact that it is going to get a full interior on the gun deck. Looking forward to the end result.

I am envious of your mad shipbuilding skills! I like the bow, very detailed, very nice. The only thing I see, is the railings, I thought most ship rails were more solid, but hey its your ship! :pir_laugh2:

No, the railings are not a mistake :pir-classic: They are nets which were used to store the hammocks in and to catch flying splinters in battle. They can be seen on this picture for example

qdguns.jpg

Edited by Admiral Croissant

Looks very good my friend! The tan deck and nice colours on the hull make it looks like she's almost finished, great improvements!

I also really like the small curve of the hull near the galleries. The stern needs some work, but the concept is great. The round bow is also very nice. :thumbup:

I'm wondering what my ship is doing there at the background and why it has a stripped hull while your hull is complete. :pir-tongue:

Oh and you really should stop eating those croissants! Last time I had to clean the countless crumbles from my cabin's floor! :pir-sad:

Next time you'll have to clean it yourself!

Certainly a very nice design so far. The way you manage to get a full interior in there is truly great. Though i wonder how you are going to make it modular, esspecially with all the (hopefully custom) rigging to come.

To be honest i dont like your gunport design. I'd prefer tiles at this point.

An Eagle in that (small) size is probably the most difficult figurehead i could think of! Maybe, you could use some kind of helmet feathers for the wings?

To be honest i dont like your gunport design. I'd prefer tiles at this point.

I completely aggree with you! :pir-classic: I was already going to add tiles on the gunports, but I just didn't order them yet.