For all of you who don't know what a community build is:
A community build is a building challenge open to all EB members. Basically, The staff/volunteers make a list of different buildings that would comprise a town of the late 1700's. Then, each person chooses a building that they would like to build.
To sum it up, You will be building a pirate era town out of Lego.
1. The build will officially begin on January 4th and ends on the 15th of March.
2. The staff/judges reserve the right to revoke any entry that does not apply to the rules.
3. If you take a spot, tell us, (so you don't get annoyed when somebody else builds the same thing first).
4. Images no larger than 800 x 600 please, and a maximum of 7 per MOC unless you post smaller images (*)
5. Registration is open to any member, regardless of number of posts , etc.
6. Try to keep the violence to a minimum.
7. You must enjoy making MOCs (though this is a given) and be able to give, as well as take constructive criticism.
8. No LDD entries are allowed. All entries MUST be built with real bricks.
9. Spaces 1, 3 and 4 are 32 x 32 studs, spaces 2,5 and 6 are 16 x 32 studs and the others are 16 x 16 studs.
10. Registration will take place in this thread.
11. Post your entries in the entry thread AND in a new thread inside the Pirate MOC forum (this one is for comments and feedback). The description of your thread should be "EB Community Build".
(*) When taking pictures, please take at least one picture from above your MOC, so that we can try to put them all together at the end. Also, please take them on a white background if possible.
Don't hesitate to ask questions.
The Golden Rule of this Community Build: Have fun
Now, on to the building options!
ALL SPACES ARE NOW FULL
But don't fret! If you didn't get one of the places below, why not build a house or slum for this city? Let's see what ye got ya landlubbers!
1. Soldiers Fort - Duffman,
2. Dock Area (x2) - Frontbeast, Derfel Cardarn
3. Ship Yard/Boat Yard - Perfectionist
4. Lighthouse - maydayartist
5. Town Square - TheOtters
6. Market - VBBN
7. Torture Chamber - Emperor Claudius Rome
8. Tavern - Ratshot
9. Tavern - Bricknave
10. Doctors Office - Dr. Steve
11. Dentists Office - Christoph
12. House of Ill Repute - Thrash
13. Barristers Office - ZCerberus
14. Gallows - Lt. Col. Thok
15. Bakery - Admiral Croissant
16. Brewery - brickme
17. Blacksmith/Swordsmith - Admiral Ron
18. Gunsmith - Millacol88
19. Cannon Foundry - exotrator
20. Shipyard Masters Office - Captain Blackmoor
21. Government House - Captain Zuloo
22. Orphanage - badboytje88
23. Poor House (food/cloths/shelter) - L-space
24. Community Hall - Ryan_T
25. Slum Tenement - Commodore Hornbricker
26. Butcher - Darth Hawken
27. Church - Admiral M
28. House - General Armendariz, Etzel, martinsuper, stanley kbrick ,
29. House - Ingmar
30. House - Grimmy
31. Fortune Teller - lisqr
32. River Trading Post - the Inventor
33. Inn - TheOtters
34. Stables - RampantDingo
35. Gentleman's/Officers Card Club - Joey Lock
36. Pirate Safe House - the wise ninja
37. Constables Office - Admiral Red-Hair
38. Volunteer Fire Brigade - JanSued
39. Masons/Sculptors Workshop - kabel
40. House Under Construction - legolooney
41. Fix-It Shop - pedro
42. Tinkers Workshop - Lalande
43. Morgue/Coffin Works - Waterbrick Down
44. Soldiers Watch Tower - Trexxen
45. Dark Seedy Riverside Alley - Sorien Guard
46. Prison - MrDarthLord
47. Admiralty House - Admiral M
48. Islanders Village (x3) - Steel Dragon, Steel Dragon again, kespa
49. Sugar Mill - michaelozzie
50. Plantation House - The Sarge
51. Pirate Treasure Cave - Kooberz
52. Coastal Cannon Battery - Admiral Woodhouse
53. Fort Powder Magazine - Almiralte Don Rodrigo
54. Soldiers Barracks - Alex the Great
55. Commons (cheap meals) - Pellaeon
56. River Bridge - curtisrlee
57. Tailor/Uniform Shop - Wouwie
58. Merchant Trading Company - CallMePie
59. Pirate Outpost - Tereglith
60. Grave Yard - Eskallon
Commonly asked questions....
Q: Am I allowed to use clone brands, such as megaBlocks, blocko, ect?
A: Not at all. This is a Lego only build.
Q: Am I allowed to use custom weapons, tools, ect. from store like Bickarms and Brickforge?
A: Yes, you can if you want too.
Q: Can I cut/modify bricks?
A: You can if you wish.
Q: Do the buildings have to be closed in or can they have open walls?
A: All buildings (Like houses, Doctors Office, Taverns must be walled in.)
Q: Which skin color minifigs will we be using, flesh or yellow?
A: We'll be using both.
Q: Are we allowed to use custom string/sail?
A: Yes you can.
Q: The base-plate, should it be completely covered with the building or could you add some empty land/beach/water/foliage/rocks?
A: You don't have to cover the whole base-plate with the building, you can cover the leftover are with trees, rocks, flowers ect.
Q: Does it matter what color the base-plate is?
A: Not all, we don't want to restrict someones building limits with a color code.
First off, I would like to thank Zorro for giving us the thumbs up to organize this great project, thanks buddy
I also would like to thank Commodore Hornbricker. He did a wonderful job designing the map and he also helped with the building list. Put your hands together for Egor folks!
The following people deserve some recognition....
Captain Blackmoor: He designed the broken map, leaked the pics onto Brickshelf and helped fill in some of the details.
Erdbeereis: I have terrible grammar so I asked Erdy if would help me with that issue, he to gave helpful comments.
Captain Zuloo: Lots of helpful comments.
SlyOwl (Whatever his name is): He made the cool picture of the builder guy.
Admiral Woodhouse: He went out of his way to post the pics of the broken map.
Thanks to all the Shipyardigans for putting a link in there signatures.
Edited by Ratshot, 16 March 2010 - 07:38 PM.