Hey Ladies and Gentlemen,

at this point i can't hold myself back

and present to you my new project.

This is a VW T3 Flatbed. The features i've implemented so far are 4 wheel drive with

full suspension on all wheels. The whole thing is driven at this moment by two XL-motors.

It has already mounted a 4 cylinder Boxer engine just like the real one, which isn't connected to the

drivetrain at this point in construction though.

For the headlights i've used the orininal Lego PF LEDs but the taillights are soldered 5mm LEDs because i haven't got more of the original ones and they are a bit to expensive for me.

Steering is realized via one Servomotor.

Hope you enjoy it and if there is a good idea just say it.

9kugwx.jpg

svl6wk.jpg

296c3ky.jpg

ixbbeq.jpg

Rolf

post-134974-0-13492100-1427836762_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty good! I like the front of it. I would try to fill in the bed to make it have less holes

I think the front needs a little more work. Also the cabin should be a little higher, I guess. Other than that, good work.

At first thank you all for your comments, compliments and critics.

@Rishab N: Yes to fill the bed will be nice but will take me while to see what will look better technic panels or system plates. And

i'll have to buy those parts but it's definitly on my to-do list. :)

@Balrog: As you can see in the picture below i have reworked the front a bit. The first version even looked to messi to myself so thanks for

your input. Now i like it much better. Hope you too.

About the cabin height i can only say that's something i won't change. First because i like it the way it is ;P and second this is the height Sariel's scaling tool (big thanks for this if you read this) gave me.

So here is the picture not a big update but progress is progress even if it's slow:

2uzxlwz.jpg

Edit for TheNextLegoDesinger: The All-Wheel-Drive System VW had in this thing was called Syncro and was implemented with a Torsendiff between the axles and lockable diffs on each axle i'll try to get a torsendiff in there but the lockable front an rear differntials seem a bit more difficult to me because of the dimensions of my MOC but i'll have an eye on that. :)

Edited by roxXx5

This picture is also much better. That's also progress ;-)

Actually it looks to me almost like it has a face. This friendly fella could be in the cars movie. I like it!

Update from me :)

I've worked the last day on the drivetrain, the suspension and the in- and exterior a bit.

The reworked drivetrain features now a torsendifferntial and i changed the two XL-Motors for 2 L-Motors which are geared

up slightly.

70c51i.jpg

I've also placed a big battery box behind the seats in the cabin and closed the bed.

With all the weight from the battery box and the cabin i was in need to harden the front suspension so i've decided to use 4 small hard

shocks on the frontaxle.

11hbf2x.jpg

30cuoow.jpg

P.S. Thanks PeterF sometimes i wish i've got a DSLR for the Pictures so the presentation would be better but i'm stuck with a small compact camera.

The cabin has a very nice shape to it. I really like the bottom of the windshield, too. Nice job so far. Why the switch to L motors?

P.S. Thanks PeterF sometimes i wish i've got a DSLR for the Pictures so the presentation would be better but i'm stuck with a small compact camera.

I photograph all my stuff with a simple point-and-shoot. One day I'll graduate to something more high end, but in the meantime it does the job and you can learn a lot about photography by simply switching to manual settings. If your camera has this option, try it out. You'll be surprised by how far you can push a cheap camera.

I'm curious about your drive train. Do you have anyou closer up pictures? how are you transferring power from the level of your motors to the diff?

@ Busterhaus: I switched to the L-Motors because the fit better in there and after testing it a bit i think the performance is ok for this model it has enough torque to move forwards an a way better speed than with the two XLs.

@ veryrusty: just made a picture for you of the drivetrain.

2vljxpi.jpg

As you may be able to see the one Motor drive a 24 double bevel gear which has a 12 teeth double bevel gear as a follower. The power is then

transmitted to the input of the torsendiff. The outputshafts of the diff are then connected via two 16 teeth gears to the axlediffs.