Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

AoM: Barracks: Phase 3: Daydelon Barracks

Here is my Barracks Phase 3 build for Age of Mitgardia. It was actually made in 2015, but it took me forever to get around to making the other barracks phases. I used SNOT 1x2 tiles for the stone walls, and quite like the stone block texture it gives.

Daydelon barracks is a prominent barracks in Mitgardia, and houses from all over the guild send their sons there to be trained as warriors. In fact, it's not overly unusual for citizens of another guild to train for a time in Daydelon.

overview-89.jpg

angled-16.jpg

archer-1.jpg

duel.jpg

sword.jpg

horse-1.jpg

back-44.jpg

in2-4.jpg

in3-3.jpg

in5-3.jpg

in7.jpg

in8.jpg

Thanks for looking, your comments are always welcome :classic:

The 1x2 tile stonework looks amazing here :wub: The half timber section is excellent, and I really like the red shutters :thumbup:

The decoration over the doorway is great too :classic:

The 1x2 tile stonework looks amazing here :wub: The half timber section is excellent, and I really like the red shutters :thumbup:

The decoration over the doorway is great too :classic:

Thanks John! The entrance detailing was perhaps my favorite section of this build :classic:

That's again awesome (I'm sounding repititive, I know :wink: ) lovely walls, combined with some good half-timbered sections and a marvellous interior... What could a castle-builder wish more for?

Edited by TitusV

That's again awesome (I'm sounding repititive, I know :wink: ) lovely walls, combined with some good half-timbered sections and a marvellous interior... What could a castle-builder wish more for?

Thanks Titus! I was very pleased with how the barracks turned out :classic:

Thanks Titus! I was very pleased with how the barracks turned out :classic:

You were right to be pleased!

Once again, another lovely well-thought out build! The detail you put into it is brilliant. I like all the different training stations in the grounds and I love the design of the barracks.

Once again, another lovely well-thought out build! The detail you put into it is brilliant. I like all the different training stations in the grounds and I love the design of the barracks.

Thank you!

So many fine MOCs at the same time - I don't know how you do it.

Or - how many are you?

:thumbup:

Thanks, this one was made a while ago :classic:

Amazing creation!! :laugh: Loved the internal of the barracks, it lokks so realistic!!

The beds, the table, the weapon stunts!

Also beautifull roof, good job with the black plate-tile!

good job and with the archery and the other training section too! :sweet:

Amazing creation!! :laugh: Loved the internal of the barracks, it lokks so realistic!!

The beds, the table, the weapon stunts!

Also beautifull roof, good job with the black plate-tile!

good job and with the archery and the other training section too! :sweet:

Thanks Mpyromaxos, I always enjoy seeing your comments :classic:

Love the bright colors you've included! A very lively scene, nice to see something without snow. :wink:

One minor criticism though, and maybe it's just me; but the dark and light grey walls, coming on top of all the other color variations you've already got going, just really stick out to me and make it hard to look at the MOC as a whole. They also make the depth perception confusing.

But I really like the texture on that black roof and the red shutters are great! :thumbup:

Love the bright colors you've included! A very lively scene, nice to see something without snow. :wink:

One minor criticism though, and maybe it's just me; but the dark and light grey walls, coming on top of all the other color variations you've already got going, just really stick out to me and make it hard to look at the MOC as a whole. They also make the depth perception confusing.

But I really like the texture on that black roof and the red shutters are great! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai! Yeah, less dark bley, or no dark bley might have been better. However, I wouldn't have had enough 1x2 tiles without using both :classic:

A true sk build! And as always, I love it! The mottling on the walls is excellent! The interior will I use for future reference when I build!:)

A true sk build! And as always, I love it! The mottling on the walls is excellent! The interior will I use for future reference when I build!:)

Thanks dG :sweet:

Thanks Kai! Yeah, less dark bley, or no dark bley might have been better. However, I wouldn't have had enough 1x2 tiles without using both :classic:

I've got like 10 light bley and 6 dark, so color me highly impressed that you were able to achieve this even with a mix! :laugh:

Awesome build. I particularly like the stone pattern if light and dark bley, also the details were incredible.

I've got like 10 light bley and 6 dark, so color me highly impressed that you were able to achieve this even with a mix! :laugh:

Yeah, can never have enough 1x2 tiles in useful colors.

Awesome build. I particularly like the stone pattern if light and dark bley, also the details were incredible.

Thanks Blufiji! The cobblestone design was inspired by one of Legopard's latest builds:

26921053715_2bf92049e6_c.jpg