Dr. Steve

Any Idea When the Next Pirate Sets will be announced?

Any Idea When the 2010 Pirate Sets will be announced?

Last July we got our first pics of the new pirates in that display case from the lego store in Chandler AZ.

Anyone have an idea as to when we might see new set names or pics (assuming there will be more sets)

Let the Speculation Begin!

Any Idea When the 2010 Pirate Sets will be announced?

Last July we got our first pics of the new pirates in that display case from the lego store in Chandler AZ.

Anyone have an idea as to when we might see new set names or pics (assuming there will be more sets)

Let the Speculation Begin!

I can give a guess.

We started seeing pictures of the August series of IJ and SW and such in January/February, about 6 months before release. If news can trickle out like that again, then we'd be due to see the Pirates 2010 stuff in June-July.

This last line did not provide enough sets to survive two christmas seasons without new sets.

Bottom line is that this line of pirate sets could not make it one year in a child's gift giving "life". Once you factor in Christmas, Birthdays, etc... There are not enough Pirate sets for the amount of crap a kid could get. Also remember that the impluse sets (some of the best value ever in my opinion) are selling like MAD.

Dude to these factors, a new line of sets HAS TO be released for this year's holiday season. I agree completely that we see an annoucement or picture release in June or July, and the actual sets on the shelves in November at the LATEST.

If we don't see anything in June or July, don't hold your breath for this year. But the popularity of this reborn line suggests to me we will see something.

-Super

This last line did not provide enough sets to survive two christmas seasons without new sets.

Bottom line is that this line of pirate sets could not make it one year in a child's gift giving "life". Once you factor in Christmas, Birthdays, etc... There are not enough Pirate sets for the amount of crap a kid could get. Also remember that the impluse sets (some of the best value ever in my opinion) are selling like MAD.

Dude to these factors, a new line of sets HAS TO be released for this year's holiday season. I agree completely that we see an annoucement or picture release in June or July, and the actual sets on the shelves in November at the LATEST.

If we don't see anything in June or July, don't hold your breath for this year. But the popularity of this reborn line suggests to me we will see something.

-Super

I hope you are correct, My offical guess is July....I am still hoping for Blue Coats

The 2010 line will show up late in the year, hopefully earlier than last time, at least early enough to promote with the Advent calendar.

The real hope is that there will be a small supplement to the line for fall 2009, a ship for the Imperials would be a good idea, but as of yet, we haven't heard anything.

Keep hoping and keep watching, and keep buying what is out there, it can only improve the odds of things continuing into the next decade.

Hating to be negative, but apparently here in the UK it's not supposed to be looking good for Pirates in 2010.

Although the way kids are going for Power Miners, if they TV advertised Pirates it might stand a chance!

Hating to be negative, but apparently here in the UK it's not supposed to be looking good for Pirates in 2010.

Hmmm, where did you hear that? I'd be curious as to why they aren't selling well in the U.K....

Usually we get sort of a "set list" from someone around July, and then if last year is any indicator, they will be showing up at TRU and LEGO stores in November or so. Hopefully this year they will find their way to regular stores that early too.

... keep buying what is out there, it can only improve the odds of things continuing into the next decade.

110% correct.

As everyone else said, 2010 pirate line pictures and news will most likely show up later in 2009.

Yeah, those sets last year came out on November 7th or 8th to coincide with that event in Orlando. I purchased mine from LEGOLAND California the same day, as they got them there as well. Does anyone know if they are having that event again? If so, that might be when they first appear.

I've definitely been doing my part in helping the new line stay afloat. :pir-grin:

I hope they continue them for a long time.

It's possible that there could be a repeat of the Dwarves' Mine schedule - a special set (Imperial Ship :pir-wub:) is first leaked in June/July, the first sets become available by October, and are widespread by December.

The rest of the line follows a little later (a month or two) behind.

I was hoping that there would be some new Pirate sets in June when all the other new sets are coming. Hopefully we will be seeing them this summer or autumn.

I dont care when new sets are announced, i just hope that we'll get them before the end of the year!

Fingers crossed :pir_laugh2:

I just hope we get some new Bluecoats!

That is what we all hope will be in the 2010 pirate line.

I, like everyone else, am hoping that we will get a ship for the Imperals in the almost certain 2010 Pirate wave. My pirate display just won't be complete until I have a redcoat ship to go with my Brickbeard's Bounty and heavily modified Imperial Armada Flagship. :pir-wink:

Eh, personally, I don't want bluecoats anytime soon. There's a whole lot more interesting stuff they could do in the next few years of lego Pirates (Islanders, Spanish, Chinese, etc), and a pallete swap of the Redcoats would be kinda redundant if you ask me.

Then again, I'm not a really hardcore Pirate fan like many of you, so it's not like I'm the final word on this kind of subject matter. :pir-tongue:

It's possible that there could be a repeat of the Dwarves' Mine schedule - a special set (Imperial Ship :pir-wub: ) is first leaked in June/July, the first sets become available by October, and are widespread by December.

I think it'd great if LEGO made a Imperial Flagship or eventually a Flag ship but something smaller first?

So do I but like Grevious I hope they stay with Redcoats for atleast 1 more year. Also your sig says otherwise. :pir-tongue:

Also the only Pirates Sets in Australia so far are the impulses! :pir-cry_sad: But apparently the rest are coming anytime now [next month>?] :pir_laugh2:

Dont hold out on them releasing a new ship just yet, most probably be end of next year if they do. I expect there wil be a few more sets released end of this year or early next year, maybe an add-on for the soldiers fort.

I know when there going to comeout! 2010 :P

I hope they have some baseplates, and an Islanders subtheme. :)

I know when there going to comeout! 2010 :P

I hope they have some baseplates, and an Islanders subtheme. :)

I'd rather have Bluecoats or Spaniards than Islanders. :pir-grin:

I hope that LEGO brings back the Islanders as they were my favorite theme back in 1994!

Bring back the Islanders please! :pir-wink::pir-laugh::kahuka:

If not the fantastic Islanders, then a add on for the Soldier's Fort would be great. As the fort is modular, I think add on sets would be a great idea.

I wonder what the 2010 Pirate sets will be... :pir-wink:

i also hope they make some add-ons for the soldier's fort. it would be awesome if they had a governor's mansion for the pirates to raid, but i kinda doubt that tlc would make it

We will most likley start to see images in June/July, August at the latest. Personally I believe we will see them in mid late July.