Take a look at this brilliant Liebherr LTM 1750 9.1, which I found on Flickr, by Dawid Szmandra. It's interesting, a rendition of a giant machine in the style of M-Longer or Sariel, Technic functions under a Model Team shell.

Flickr Gallery:https://www.flickr.c...57655047082800#

18801000003_aec2fe4c68_b.jpgLEGO Liebherr LTM 1750-9.1 by Dawid Szmandra, on Flickr

As a bonus, he made a video demonstrating some functions:

Although, looking at this makes me lament the fact that Lego pneumatic pieces are always yellow.

I have seen it earlier and it is really really lovely... Very good made... Got also 4 sections boom and pneumatics... Many nice details and smooth outer design... Outstanding... :*

Max...

Very nice build and a strong one too. I wonder how his actuators for lifting the boom are constructed?

Most probably an excellent job with thread/wire for extending all those boom parts!

Looks really nice and is very realistic. There seem to be no non-Lego parts which is quite rare for a model of this size.

Looking at the outriggers and their construction, I'm suspicious that some parts have been glued in place to provide structural rigidity, but I may be wrong. If I am, he has concealed the main structure of the functional parts very well indeed.

A great model on such a scale. I'm interested in the raising of the boom and how that was acheived.

H

A great model on such a scale. I'm interested in the raising of the boom and how that was acheived.

H

Both cylinders are made from these parts:

http://www.bricklink...Item.asp?P=4854

There is a string with set of pulleys inside, which pull the grey liftarms out, elevating the boom.

Each cylinder is driven by single M motor.

Edited by M_longer

This build is amazing. I wish I had the patience to build something like this, for some reason I just don't. Incredible build.... thanks for sharing....

there is still a lot of manual intervention needed (adding the weights, putting the 'feet' on the end of the (Grey? ) stabiliser pistons

but you can imagine a team of minifigs running around sorting all this out ....

Well, that's how they do it on real cranes as well:-)

What an amazing build! I'd like it even more if there was some more reach on the outriggers though:-)