Finally we get first video and images of 2015 Lego Technic flagship, Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245. Let's discuss about this excellent model ....

Video:

Some pictures:

42043_arocs_1.jpg

42043_arocs_2.jpg

42043_arocs_3.jpg

42043_arocs_4.jpg

42043_arocs_5.jpg

42043_arocs_6.jpg

So, ... now it's confirmed, ... we get double rear wheels, front suspension, new pneumatic, tipper bed with LA's, ... and other new parts ....

Edited by AndroTech

Only flaw I see is front of cabin, but it looks to be challenging build and great functions and these are primary targets for technic.

Only flaw I see is front of cabin, but it looks to be challenging build and great functions and these are primary targets for technic.

Agreed. The cab is pretty ugly and looks rather flimsy.

Other than that this is going to be one helluva set. Even at $250 this will be a bargain.

Any ideas on how th steering works? Looks interesting.

Edited by OG_technic

I thought so too, BUT, ... apparently, there is a version of Arocs with this kind of cabin ...

arocs_grill.jpg

Edited by AndroTech

The crawler crane has got a lot of blue pieces and panels...

There is also a new outrigger piece

It looks good, much better than the 42039 did, but I am not sure about the change from DBG to black in the wheel arches

Edited by Nalyd997

So what I can see: new gear rack pieces for the outriggers and the front side panels have more detail on them (I think that is new). One of my complaints is that the front at the wheels seems "see through" and the rear is very compact.

I noticed, that Marcus has used a lot of these 99021.jpgpneumatic hose connector in DBG colour, so the hoses wouldn't be so long ....

arocs_t_piece.jpg

number plate says cossmann co55m4nn

So main designer is Markus Kosssman.

Remember that yellow piece from preliminary photos?That yellow brick is brake, you can found it on set.Nice detail, isnt it?

Apparently, orange warning lights on the top of the cabin, have some kind of a function,

as we see bevel gear in the middle of axle ...

light.jpg

Edited by AndroTech

Apparently, orange warning lights on the top of the cabin, have some kind of a function, as we see bevel gear in the middle of axle ...

If they do turn they will be linked to the motor,but I can't see any pf lights....perhaps its a extra thing if you own the power function kit. :classic:

The Lights are they just for steering? perhaps both connected so you can use either? Pneumatic systemV2 it says on box btw

It is nice to see, that they thought about a lot of nice details, .... like hatch at the back of the tipper,

so the gate wont open, when you load the cargo ....

latch.jpg

I'm impressed, .... more and more ....

This may have been discussed already but, do I see longER pneumatic cylinders?

Also, do we have a list (with pictures) of all the new parts?

Love it :)

Yet again what is wrong with the cab??? Look at the image above of the real truck they nailed it for sure. Very impressed with this set. So whist length are the new cylinders?

Edited by davidmull

Ok, sorry but that is dumb that the lights on the top are a function... they could have just had the user spin a bevel gear to do the function, not spin the light....

Ok, sorry but that is dumb that the lights on the top are a function... they could have just had the user spin a bevel gear to do the function, not spin the light....

Has been done on other sets. A knob on top would look dumb.

Well LEGO seems to like to do that to a lot of models. Especially when the function is steering. Sometimes the knob would be in the rear (like 42009) to steer, but not a lot of them. I mean sure it makes it look a little better, it is just the idea is spinning a light... idk

Love it :)

Yet again what is wrong with the cab??? Look at the image above of the real truck they nailed it for sure. Very impressed with this set. So whist length are the new cylinders?

This three layers are for smaller cabs.Not full size cab, also layers are too bulky. Edited by Ondra

Apparently, orange warning lights on the top of the cabin, have some kind of a function,

as we see bevel gear in the middle of axle ...

light.jpg

Of course, ... the function is the steering ...

Edited by AndroTech