Davey

New 'Combo Build' Contest at Brickworld 2009!

bw09-logo.png

Share - Learn - Explore - Discover

The Brickworld Team is excited to announce a slight schedule change for Brickworld 2009. In place of the 'Speed Build' that was to be held on Friday night, we will be trying a new 'Combo Build' event. The event will run from 7:00 pm until 8:30 pm.

30 Brickworld attendees will be selected to participate in this competition and will be asked to do an alternate model build. The trick? You have to build your alternate model from 3 LEGO kits. The best part...the contestants get to keep their kits at the end of the event!!! Many thanks to The LEGO Group for providing the kits for this competition. More details to be revealed at the event. This should be an exciting twist on the old 'alternate model build'. :classic:

We look forward to seeing you in Chicago when we light up the night with World of Lights!!!

Regards, The Brickworld Team

Brickworld will be held June 18 - 21, 2009 at the Westin North Shore Hotel in

Wheeling, IL (a suburb of Chicago).

visit the Brickworld Web Site by clicking here.

That's sounds like a lot of fun! Is there any criteria as to who can compete, because I would really love to.

That's sounds like a lot of fun! Is there any criteria as to who can compete, because I would really love to.

You have to be a Brickworld attendee and at the event before 6:30 PM on Friday. The plan is that it will be a "must be present to win" type drawing of names submitted to a fish bowl at 6:30 PM Friday with the build starting at 7 PM.

Bryan

You have to be a Brickworld attendee and at the event before 6:30 PM on Friday. The plan is that it will be a "must be present to win" type drawing of names submitted to a fish bowl at 6:30 PM Friday with the build starting at 7 PM.

Bryan

OK. Is there any questimate as to how many people will attempt to enter?

OK. Is there any questimate as to how many people will attempt to enter?

I wouldn't even be able to guess. With 556 registered attendees, I think it really depends on how many people are hanging out in the main hall around that time and want to forgo dinner plans to get free LEGO. The opening ceremonies and group photo go til 6:30 pm. The combo build starts at 7:00 pm and goes til 8:30 pm. Then the LEGO in-store starts at 9:30 pm. That leaves a little time for dinner before the in-store...but not much. However, judging by how bonkers we all are for LEGO...I expect A LOT of people to enter. :classic:

Good luck and see you there!

-Dave

Edited by Dave_ToT-LUG