ZCerberus

Ye Slightly Newer Forge

So I have had this MOC in the hopper for a while now, but I decided it was time to unleash it as the Nu Breed remix project seemingly never got off the ground.

This is a 'remixed' version of DC's epic "Ye Old Forge" which he made the year he burst on the scene to win the master builder of CCC.

I, of course, added some GoH flair. I figure it will also fit nicely in Albion, so expect a link to Albion as well!

11226760594_70bebf7b9f_c.jpg

And a comparison to DC's version

11226760644_0d967e6359_c.jpg

wow great job there... one question.. you said albion.. i used to play a game with that race.. do we also have albion guild here?

edit: just saw its the capital city of avalonia... :wink:

Edited by Gunman

Wow! Awesome work ZC! Love the foliage and proportions of the house! Love the chimney, and the woodwork is fantastic! Nice job! :sweet::thumbup:

*oh2* Wow. Incredible work! :classic:

(I have been thinking about joining GoH, and was wondering if one of the aspects is to improve one's MOC building skills? (I thought I'd ask since you're a GoH leader and a mod :wink:))

Edited by Lego Spy

I need to build that building.

To add a little more :)... I wasn't aware of the old Olde Forge... but just looking up some pics I prefer your stonework to the 'shall' effect of the round tiles used on the original.... It really makes the render and the wood stand out on that fascia.

Really quite lovely!

Wow, fantastic remake of DC's moc! Beautiful landscape, that tree just is perfect! The forge is fantastic, my favorite parts has to be the window shutters and the lanterns!

Edited by mpoh98

amazing piece of work there z, very close to the original but clearly decernable as your moc! A truely great achievement!

Awesome stuff Z! I really love this one :wub:. So many nice details to look at... the chicken compound, the lamps (trans yellow heads FTW) and the trees are also very well done. The only thing that bugs me a little bit is the photography. You really could have made more out of this build, especially with the black roof :wink:.

Edited by Buurli_Burri

Apsolutely beatiful Z! The path is very nicely done and the forge is awesome. And the tree too. Awesome job! My bows.

Really great and detailed moc :0 Stunning! Love the woodwork :)

SORRY FOR GOING WAY OFF TOPIC:

My only complaint is about the "ye" :( I hate seeing that because a lot of people think that they actually said "ye". It has been "the" all the time. When they started printing books, they had no "type" to represent the old letter þ ("thorn"), so they simply used Y to represent it. So they said "the" but spelled it "ye", which has caused misunderstandings in later years. The word "the" comes from the Old English "sē" (the, that). It later became "þē" and in Middle English it had replaced all the former Old English forms (sē = masculine, sēo = feminine, þæt = neuter) that distinguished between grammatical genders.

There is a word that used to be spelled and pronounced "ye" and that comes from the Old English pronoun "gē" (you (plural)). The Old English pronouns were:

ic = I

þū = thou

hē = he

hēo = she

hit = it

wē = we

gē = ye

hīe = they

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

SORRY FOR GOING WAY OFF TOPIC:

Snip

It started as a plural subjective form, but around the 13th century, it became used as a singular (equivalent to "thou"), and during the 15th century, became used as an objective singular and plural form, whilst "you" became the dominant subjective form. So it does work fine, just not in the original usage of the word.

Edit: note, Sigolf is correct in his portrayal of its occurrence, but it is accepted as an (uncommon) replacement for "the" in more recent times.

Edited by Lord Vladivus

That's a lot of language for something I could have talked you out in in about 2 seconds. It has this title simply to follow DCs original MOC title. On top of that, whether or not I can actually type THE nowadays doesn't mean one can't type "ye" to give it an old time feel. I don't complain when people say "olde" time or "shoppe", I just let their artistic flair do its thing.

Anyway, you are right- it is WAY off topic!

I think you have successfully gone the most off topic in a single comment i've seen on this site, congrats!

Incredible build! A stunning recreation. I really love the chimney rock-work. Brilliantly done. I may have to borrow that idea, if I ever build anything on my own.

The woodwork is very lifelike, as is the ground definition.

I will definitely look back for inspiration.

Wow! Just Wow Z! I love it! The path up to the forge, the details on the house and as always the photos! Great work mate!!!

Wonderful job with a nice overall feel and a lot of great details, while still staying close to the spirit of the original!