Sign in to follow this  
The Penguin

The Penguin's Batman Comic Story....

Gentlemen! ) Finally, I've pulled myself together and managed to finish this long ago promissed comic story.... I hope you will like it. )

It's going to be quite a big one, so if you allow me to post more, where should I do it? In this topic or in a separate one each time? )

Part 1.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Comments are welcome as usual! ) :classic:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

P.S.

The first part is quite small, but others are a bigger. That one is like, you know, sneak pek or something..... ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

Nice! The lighting is perfect. I look forward to seeing more.

And you would be better off posting them in this topic, but you can post them in seperate threads like Dr. S' grunts.

Yay, I love seeing member's comics!

I love the way you made it look like nighttime, like ~VBBN~ said the lighting is perfect.

This is the first Batman comic I've seen (besides the ad's made by TLC) and I really like it!. You revealed just enough info, not too much making it boring, but not too little making it confusing. I can't wait for the next part!

:classic:

Brilliant comic intro Penguin! I love the lighting, it is not too dark and not too bright. The current ambiguity of the scene is very cool to, you know the old saying: "there is more going on in the scene than just the scene" :thumbup: The dialog is very good too, love the "....dead" line. The set look quite nice too, I love that it is like a proper comic with the textbox revealing the location too. Can't wait to see the next one and glad you posted it! :cry_happy:

Also, I reckon you could keep posting parts in this topic if you want to.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

It's not common for me, to praise other's work due to its darkness, and yet display such good clarity in it. Now, that's what I called approriate setting for a night scene. In this short teaser, you have done a good job especially its speech bubble. I am trying to do comic scripts for my recent EB News Review productions and was not successful in doing so with the speech bubbles feature.

Good job. I will be following yours as well. :classic:

haha very intriguing if you ask me. Good use of lighting, and the set looks good too. Definently has hooked me in wanting to see what happens next

Thank you for your kind words, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

I'm planning to post the next part each everning or two. ) Hope you will like the rest of the story.... ) :classic:

The lighting and the storyline is very interesting! :thumbup: But can you make it a bit brighter?I cant really see the backround.

The lighting and the storyline is very interesting! :thumbup: But can you make it a bit brighter?I cant really see the backround.

I think the darkness is just fine... "the DARK knight" :classic: remember...

A really good comic, looking forward to see the next part.

Great job, I love how the lighting made the comic seem spookey. You should keep the lighting like this for the whole comic, as it portrays Gotham pretty well, as most of batman's work is at night. I can't wait to see the next one.

Great starting! :thumbup:

I love how you retain and manage the lightning to illustrate the night scene. It's done very well.

13.jpg

This picture is my favourite, and it immediately reminds me of the recent Dark Knight movie, speaking with Gordon. Keep up the good work. More importantly, you are able to display the mysterious batman touch. :classic:

Great comic so far, The Penguin! :sweet:

As has been mentioned, the lighting is brilliant. I really like that there is light coming from windows of the surrounding buildings, it really adds some nice contrast. The lighting and the beautiful photography really bring this comic to life, and make it look just like a real one. The plot is great too so far, and I can't wait to see where you take us next. :sweet:

Great work, Penguin, I look forward to reading your next installments. :wub:

It looks really good. Your mood setting and dialogs are very good. The pictures are mabe a litle to dark somethimes, night in movies is not the same as night in real life... I would also try to make the text bubles a litle smaller and center the text in it. I know, it are detail, but when somethin is very good, you go for the details.

Very nice so far! I like how you keep Batman off-screen. He's just this disembodied voice, which is very cool.

One tiny suggestion ... make the text in the word balloons centered, rather than left-justified. Centered text will fit better in the oval balloons. Lettering is really hard. In my own comic, I probably spend more time on the word balloons than on anything else.

Wow, this is great The Penguin :sweet:

I really like how you are able to keep Batman in the dark, where you can hardly see him, perfect !

I can't wait to see the rest :wub:

Keep it up !

Greetings,

CF W

Very nicely done, Penguin! you have certainly set up an intriguing comic. Perhaps, though, you could add a little more light to your shots?

Wow The Penguin! Yuo have really hit this in to a high gear! Can't wait to see what will happen now that some of Gotham's most vile villains are in. I love Joker's dialog, as well in part 2, the characterisation of Gordon was very good. It seems very intriguing this murdered character, he was in Arkham and was meant to do a deal with Two-Face. Or maybe Two-Face was just going to take the mysterious "Spider" from him? Either way, I'm excited :classic:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Its getting better every time you added another part.

Maybe a very little more light would be better, I know I said I'd like it and I still do, but I think your pics are becomming darker and darker.

A very good job anyhows, Im looking forward to the next episode.

Edited by zorro3999

And I shall be glad to give it to you! ) :classic:

Part 4.

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

Any comments? ) :sweet:

Edited by The Penguin

Outstanding as usual. :thumbup:

I only have seen the latest Batman movies: is the Penguin really on the good side or is this just in your comic (cause you are he Penguin :wink: ) If hes good: whats the story, I'dd like to know. :classic:

Edited by zorro3999

No, The Penguin is still a bad guy, but he no longer messes with simple robberies ar crimes like that. )

He's a respectable entrepreneur (spelling? I can never remember how to write it correctly..... :classic: )

From Wiki:

"Unlike most of the Batman villains, the Penguin is in control of his own actions and perfectly sane, features that serve to maintain a unique relationship with his archenemy, Batman. This has extended into the current situation with the Penguin ceasing his direct involvement in crime, instead running a nightclub that is popular with the underworld. As such, he is an excellent source of information on crime, so Batman grudgingly tolerates his operations. However, the entrepreneurial Penguin is often fencing stolen property or arranging early furloughs for incarcerated former criminal associates - for a hefty fee, of course - on the side." ©

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Edited by The Penguin