Jakon

Hobbies

So I felt like asking, who has other hobbies, I personally make armor, helmets sheilds and chainmail mostly. How about you?

So I felt like asking, who has other hobbies, I personally make armor, helmets sheilds and chainmail mostly. How about you?

That's a unique hobby, I would very much like to see your smith work.

As for me, I have a more simpler hobby; sketching and drawing.

You make armour? Perhaps you might like to try making custom minifig accessories!

Smithing cool.

I do photography, videography, and play video games.

:grin:

Nice hobbies! :tongue:

Me, nothing much that's interesting, unless you count playing video games obsessively until my fingers bleed a hobby. :grin: Other than that, I like to mess around with computers, upgrading hard drives and such. Nothing really professional, but it helps a lot to have some know-how about computers in our modernized world. :classic: I also like to do a bit of sports, but that isn't really a hobby.

I play bassoon and piano, but it's more serious than a "hobby". Music is my escape, it's where I relax and let myself go. I can really express myself through music. Hopefully soon I'll be able to build MOCs as well as I play piano!

My hobbies outside of Lego include: basic computer stuff, reading, and photography. However, my Lego photography skills aren't that great, so mostly outdoors photography for me! I'm working on my Lego picture-taking though.

A smith, eh? That's a cool hobby.

Some of mine include soccer (or football, depending on where you're from), caving, hiking, basketball (even though I suck at it), and cooking. :sweet:

Long distance running and designing & building stuff to our home from wood & stone material. And watching season after season of a tv show like House in sequel :laugh: !

Videogaming, online roleplaying, reading, and working up motivation to try and write. :laugh:

Photography, upholding my 1950's house, garden&firewood etc stuff and ofcourse driving like a madman a car that extincts a few species on every start, and wearing down tires (see avatar).

Toy collecting (Transformers, GI Joe & Zoids), making 3D art, making electronic music, tabletop RP, various CCGs ( or TCGs, depending on which acronym you prefer).

and ofcourse driving like a madman a car that extincts a few species on every start, and wearing down tires (see avatar).

I like your style Dervish :devil:

I'm a Bmw nut myself and can often be found tinkering around with them when i'm not surrounded by my bricks. I'm on the lookout for my next piece of Munich's finest as we speak! I also play COD on the PS3 quite a bit too, i'm sure I had a wife at one point but i'm usually way to busy to go check :laugh:

Phew! I play football (no, not the American one), write...I see a long list coming actually: painting, videography, play music. On and on it goes. Although I don't know if I can really get around to calling these actual hobbies because I only do each one once in a long while, when I am under the inspiration. :blush:

Really?? I'm the one who buys that stuff! :laugh: I've so far collected Chainmail, a Morion Conquistador helmet, a Crusader Sugarloaf, and a Teutonic knight surcoat. :classic::thumbup:

Also, I am an excellent chess player, and spend my time designing on Photoshop Cs5.

EDIT: I also am learning Systema Spetsnaz- which is really fun.

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

Really?? I'm the one who buys that stuff! :laugh: I've so far collected Chainmail, a Morion Conquistador helmet, a Crusader Sugarloaf, and a Teutonic knight surcoat. :classic::thumbup:

Also, I am an excellent chess player, and spend my time designing on Photoshop Cs5.

EDIT: I also am learning Systema Spetsnaz- which is really fun.

Very nice, I have a VERY short budget, but I have a lot of free time, so, 3 months and $24 vs. 7 days and $700 is a great trade in my opinion :laugh:

I finished a round battle sheild today, off to take pics...

I too love chess :grin:

Edited by Jakon

Well, quite an interesting topic! :classic::thumbup:

Always great to learn something new about your fellow-members.

As for me, apart from LEGO and my work-relatred hobbies (such as torturing students and drinking their blood during sessions), I collect antiques and pieces of classical art. I just love classical theater and opera.

I fancy reading books on psychiatry (not psychology).

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Oh that's a good one Penguin... and no, I don't mean the student torture thing. I also enjoy antiques myself, although I wouldn't call myself a connoisseur. The things that fascinate me the most are pieces of retro home art (since I'm not too much of a craftsman anyway, unfortunately), as well as old machinеs and radios; I already own one of the latter (family heirloom). I'm also a watch afficionado and I appreciate vintage timepieces, even though at this stage I haven't really felt like including any of those in my personal collection. Other than a Heuer Monaco, that is - if I ever manage to track one down that's in mint condition. Oh, and speaking of afficionados - I'm generally a non-smoker, but I definitely enjoy a good cigar every now and then. Used to be a member of a Cigar Afficionados Club back in Berlin; perhaps I should find a local equivalent one of these days...

I also love reading, although having gone through way too much specialized literature lately hasn't helped my desire to do that. Which is why I'm currently attending a photo-reading training course. Can't wait to see if it'll work!

Other than that, I enjoy experimenting with shaving equipment - you'd be amazed by the endless possibilities that traditional wet shaving has to offer. Just bought a different/new shaving soap last week and that has once again turned the morning shave into a part of day I genuinely look forward to!

I also enjoy sports, naturally, even though I haven't been too active lately. Swimming and diving in the summertime and ice skating / hockey during the winter. General fitness (no serious bodybuidling stuff though) all year around, as long as I can find the time. Oh, and I love motorcycles. Currently looking at finally buying one, after years of putting that off and spending so much money on other stuff instead (LEGO included)...

Last but not least - it's somewhat close to the LEGO hobby, but I also enjoy collecting stuff and then displaying it in our annual Christmas Village. My girlfriend and I have been doing that for four years now, and I must say I hadn't envisioned that it would end up including such a wide variety of die-cast cars, porcelain houses, scale model trains and all sorts of handicraft. That said, the wider this hobby gets, the more interesting / fulfilling it feels once our town lights up a few days / weeks before Christmas. :sweet:

A bit of programming (nothing thats actually useful, but meh), and I draw also. Mostly drawing stuff to make in LEGO, but I sometimes design various non-LEGO stuff (laser guns, rocket engines, powered exosekeletons, etc), which I will never be able to build (lack of funds, impracticalities, etc).

Also after writing this, my life seems a lot more pointless.

Oh that's a good one Penguin... and no, I don't mean the student torture thing. I also enjoy antiques myself, although I wouldn't call myself a connoisseur. The things that fascinate me the most are pieces of retro home art (since I'm not too much of a craftsman anyway, unfortunately), as well as old machinеs and radios; I already own one of the latter (family heirloom). I'm also a watch afficionado and I appreciate vintage timepieces, even though at this stage I haven't really felt like including any of those in my personal collection. Other than a Heuer Monaco, that is - if I ever manage to track one down that's in mint condition. Oh, and speaking of afficionados - I'm generally a non-smoker, but I definitely enjoy a good cigar every now and then. Used to be a member of a Cigar Afficionados Club back in Berlin; perhaps I should find a local equivalent one of these days...

Good to meet a fellow-member, who shares my passion for old things. Speaking of that, I'm going to sue Russian Post for breaking a vase (late 19-th century). :hmpf_bad: Those morons managed to break a vase that survived two World Wars and a Revolution! :hmpf:

As for smoking, I'm not a smoker, but I can have a cigarette or two "for the occasion", should the company and situation require that. Most important talks and decisions are made after the "official part" during smoking or having a glass of wine. So such "social smoking" is a must in a way. :sceptic:

So I pretend to be Batman,

....While playing hockey.

I'd love to see you play vs Pittsburg Penguins! :grin:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic: