chucker

Changing A Username

I have but one question to ask.

Is it possible to change your username? I kind of want to change mine.

Thank you. chucker (Or brickchucker19 as I want to be called)

EDIT: The current board version no longer allows members to perform user name changes themselves -- changes must be requested from a member of Staff via PM.

Edited by Fugazi

There is a way, but you have to be a certain rank to do it (Knight I think). There's also the limit of changing it once a year.

I would be more careful when changing it this time, though. You've only been a member for five months, and you already want to change it? It's also common for people to get sick of uncapitalized letters and numbers in their username. So "choose wisely" would be my advice.

By the way, if you do change it once you're able, you would still log in with your username that you originally registered with.

Thanks. I'll try to remember when the time comes.

BTW, "chucker" was not my original choice. I think i got a bit confused when I was making my account.

I like my new name. :grin: Only 365 days until I can change it again. :laugh:

Thanks. I'll try to remember when the time comes.

BTW, "chucker" was not my original choice. I think i got a bit confused when I was making my account.

I don't see how that's confusing but if you have a good reason, you can ask an administrator to change it for you, but they usually don't just change everyones name at the drop of a hat, you need a pretty good reason.

I realise that you have to be a certain grade to change your name etc, but I'm wondering if an admin could be nice enough to do it for me :classic: You see, I'm actually not looking to change my name really, My username is Keybobs, it's my actual nickname and has been for the last 15 years, it will never change and so regardless of what title I may be lucky enough to gain in the future my name will always be the same!

HOWEVER! It appears that I have been a bit too eager to sign up and in the excitement I have double tapped the s key on my laptop whilst putting in my Display name :wacko: I'm wondering if it would be possible to change my display name to my actual username, from Keybobss to Keybobs?

Please forgive my idiocy, it shan't happen again! best thing about making mistakes is it gives you something more to learn :thumbup:

I have but one question to ask.

Is it possible to change your username? I kind of want to change mine.

Thank you. chucker (Or brickchucker19 as I want to be called)

If I may be so bold. Chucker on itself is a much better choice of a name, when ever I see a name with "brick" in it or random numbers or a combination of both it makes me shudder. :blush:

I realise that you have to be a certain grade to change your name etc, but I'm wondering if an admin could be nice enough to do it for me :classic: You see, I'm actually not looking to change my name really, My username is Keybobs, it's my actual nickname and has been for the last 15 years, it will never change and so regardless of what title I may be lucky enough to gain in the future my name will always be the same!

HOWEVER! It appears that I have been a bit too eager to sign up and in the excitement I have double tapped the s key on my laptop whilst putting in my Display name :wacko: I'm wondering if it would be possible to change my display name to my actual username, from Keybobss to Keybobs?

Please forgive my idiocy, it shan't happen again! best thing about making mistakes is it gives you something more to learn :thumbup:

See now this is one of those senario's that I think an admin would be happy to help, I'd log a few more posts (10 are needed to PM) and seems an admin a pm explaining your situation, I have a feeling they would understand and change it for you.

If I may be so bold. Chucker on itself is a much better choice of a name, when ever I see a name with "brick" in it or random numbers or a combination of both it makes me shudder. :blush:

I have to completely agree with Izzy here. I for one like simple names, they are easier to write, if your name was brick chucker 19, I'd put probably end up calling you just brick chucker or just chucker.

See now this is one of those senario's that I think an admin would be happy to help, I'd log a few more posts (10 are needed to PM) and seems an admin a pm explaining your situation, I have a feeling they would understand and change it for you.

Thank you very much :classic::thumbup:

Thank you very much :classic::thumbup:

No problem Keybobs, I'll do it. :thumbup:

Annnndd, done.

Thanks Erdie.

Keybobs, just an fyi I am pretty sure you'll have to sign into the website with Keybobss still, the change is only cosmetic to the display on the boards.

Unless Edrie actually changed your login completely, but I don't think that's what they do.

Thanks Erdie.

Keybobs, just an fyi I am pretty sure you'll have to sign into the website with Keybobss still, the change is only cosmetic to the display on the boards.

Unless Edrie actually changed your login completely, but I don't think that's what they do.

His login name was actually already Keybobs, so he should be able to just use that. :classic:

And who is Edrie? :wacko:

Erdbeereis, Big Cam, Thank you so much for your help. It's always the small things like this that really make you feel welcome and at home :classic: and yeah my sign in name was always Keybobs, I just added the extra s to my display name by mistake in my haste to get on board :look:

Thank you once again :thumbup:

Google tells me this is Edrie... :look:

EdrieOrg.jpg

Kinda wonder why she'd want to change Keybobs' login?

His login name was actually already Keybobs, so he should be able to just use that. :classic:

Haha, my bad, looks like my brain is mixing up letters again.

This explains alot.

@keybobs, no problem, glad it got sorted out, I know if there was a 6 or something after my name, I'd be he'll bent to get it corrected.

looks like my brain is mixing up letters again.
I'd be he'll bent...

You don't say? :laugh:

You don't say? :laugh:

Good grief, my phone is my spell checking downfall, it auto corrects behind my back. :laugh: I hope you're laughing at me, because that was pretty perfectly timed, and ironic. :grin:

I have this problem too, i regret my name choice simply as it has lego in it, and it sounds lame! :hmpf_bad:

Can anyone confirm JimButcher's comment about gaining the ability at Knight level?

Thanks folks

Can anyone confirm JimButcher's comment about gaining the ability at Knight level?

I've seen members change their names after Knight and there was an announcement about it by the staff sometime ago. Knights do have that ability. Edited by Brickdoctor

I've seen members change their names after Knight and there was an announcement about it by the staff sometime ago. Knights do have that ability.

Excellent, thanks!

This is good news. I would like to change mine at some point to reflect the name I use in all other Lego related forums and sites.

Thanks.

Hoboman = Daniel's Dad, right, if it wasn't for your avatar, I'd be lost as to who you were.

Woah, no one told me you can change display names now. Meet all new capitalised Crazy One.

These one time type of changes are exactly what this was implemented for. Well at least I assume, I should really not be talking for the staff.

I should change mine to Commodore Cam, and then have to wait a year to change it back. :laugh:

Hoboman = Daniel's Dad, right, if it wasn't for your avatar, I'd be lost as to who you were.

I was just thinking that myself