Suspsy

What Marvel/DC Characters Will NEVER Get Minifigures?

Which ones do you think would be deemed inappropriate for the Lego line?

Off the top of my head, I'd say Mephisto and Blackheart.

I'd say all Watchmen, Asbestos lady, Polka-dot man, Scarecrow (Marvel version), and pretty much anyone else on WatchMojo.com's Top 10 worst DC and Marvel supervillains List on YouTube. [/size]

Edited by Godtshep

I'd say I can randomly name anyone that won't be in Lego sets (e.g, Richard Wh..... ) there are way too many characters in the two universes. It's easier to define the range that TLC is able and willing to do. The film adaptions and stories that once appeared before the Superheroes theme can be hardly considered.

My assumption is, characters that appeared in the video games have 70% more chances than those who even didn't, excluding those who are featured in upcoming films.

Edited by Dorayaki

I don't think we will ever see Punisher from Marvel, unless they tone down the violence of the character a bit. I would also say that Ghost Rider is very unlikely, especially after the disastrous films with Nicholas Cage. I'm not so sure about DC, but I have a feeling we wouldn't get that Victor Szasz (is that how you spell it?) because of the extreme violence associated with the character.

If we include promo minifigures like the recent Martian Manhunter, though, and the SDCC exclusives, I think it's possible nearly any figure could get a release. They might shy away from doing a regular retail set built around the Punisher, say, but I could totally see them doing just the Punisher himself as a Shop at Home giveaway or an SDCC exclusive.

If we include promo minifigures like the recent Martian Manhunter, though, and the SDCC exclusives, I think it's possible nearly any figure could get a release. They might shy away from doing a regular retail set built around the Punisher, say, but I could totally see them doing just the Punisher himself as a Shop at Home giveaway or an SDCC exclusive.

I suppose that certainly is a possibility. For someone like Punisher, unless he ends up in some form of Marvel related media soon, I would expect him as an SDCC exclusive rather than a S@H giveaway. Those giveaways, generally speaking, seem to focus more on fan favourites rather than highly obscure (SDCC is a mixed bag in that respect, but S@H seems somewhat more predictable).

I don't think we will ever see Punisher from Marvel, unless they tone down the violence of the character a bit. I would also say that Ghost Rider is very unlikely, especially after the disastrous films with Nicholas Cage. I'm not so sure about DC, but I have a feeling we wouldn't get that Victor Szasz (is that how you spell it?) because of the extreme violence associated with the character.

Victor Zsasz did appear in the 2 DS versions of the Batman game.. well, at least I know he appeared in the first one.

Victor Zsasz did appear in the 2 DS versions of the Batman game.. well, at least I know he appeared in the first one.

I was unaware of that. If I'm honest, I only mentioned him because I heard he has quite a gruesome comic history, though I know virtually nothing about the character myself other than that. Even so, a character appearing in a LEGO game doesn't guarantee their creation; if it did, the Super Heroes theme would be the best thing LEGO have ever done. The odds of his production based on video game history is even lower considering he only appeared in the handheld versions of the games rather than the console versions (which inevitably make up a larger portion of sales of the games).

morbius, commando, gambit, carnage, punisher, hobgoblin, sabretooth, kraven the hunter, X-cutioner, the Red skull, and bucky (as not winter soldier)

morbius, commando, gambit, carnage, punisher, hobgoblin, sabretooth, kraven the hunter, X-cutioner, the Red skull, and bucky (as not winter soldier)

You do realise that we already have the Red Skull?

Lobo, probably. Although you never know, they can always tone him down a bit. :classic:

Red skull and Bucky exist

Gambit, Carnage are likely to me

I'm very, very sceptical about a Gwen Stacey or a Molten man Figure, but we can all dream... :grin:

Clock King would be a cool figure. He's got a better chance than some of these guys.

Heck, I'd put Crazy Quilt over some of these guys.

Edited by B-Lister