[pid][/pid] 150A

HMS Dark Tan Beauty (For lack of a more original name.)

Yep, this is what happens when you combine a recent viewing of a Pirates of the Caribbean movie with the "Sorting" of an old Indiana Jones set that just happened to have boat parts in it.

Of course, I also had to find a way to integrate some dark tan parts. :wink:

I'm quite proud of the overall smoothness and sleekness of this ship, so I hope you like it!

It's my first true ship MOC, and Jack is thrown in rather randomly, but it's always fun to try something new.

Hope you don't mind the sup-par picture quality.

9113719722_fdaabb9dbb_z.jpg

9113718150_1682380919_z.jpg

9113717228_6cde4e5b9e_z.jpg

C&C welcome, and as always, more pics over on my photostream.

SteampunkDoc

Not bad, dark tan over brown works great. I think the mast should be a bit taller, some rope work would be a nice add as well.

As for a name I can't help, I barely find names for my own ships :grin: .

Thanks!

I like the balance of everything, so are you thinking one or two bricks higher on the mast? One might do the trick.

Rope huh? Like, a single string running from the front of the ship, up to the top of the mast, and down to the back?

I was hoping to keep this all "Plastic and purist", but may have to try that.

Yeah, the name isn't catchy enough to attach much attention, but at least I got one helpful comment!

P. S. Any idea how long it take to get something indexed?

Heh, I like it. The sails are quite creative, but simple, just how I like it. Also, as has been said before, the colours work very nicely. Great work.

Thank you!

As I said earlier, I like keeping things "Purist and Plastic", and the sails really weren't that hard to design.

It was just a matter of finding what tan wing pieces I had, and how they would look the best.

The colors were on the original Lego boats that I cannibalized this from, and while I did add some more dark tan, the combination truly came directly from Lego's design team. :blush:

She truly is a beaut! :grin: The sails are quite nice, though as said, the mast could be a bit taller.

Captain Jack never seems to get his big ship does he? :laugh:

Wonderful little MOC that perfectly captures that first introduction to Jack as he sails into Port Royal, or if you prefer the end of the third movie. Oh and if it helps, I believe the boat he is sailing in the first movie does have an official name, although it is never said on screen. It is the "Jolly Mon".

Thanks Faefrost!

And thanks for the name!

Didn't know about third movie, haven't made it that far into the series yet, but that first scene with Jack was a real inspiration.