mlucas86

after 3d brickmovie my first real ship

Thats quite same looking as Slyowls ship.... You have managed to copy it but before i go and blaim for that.. (May i get more close pics about the deck, Figurhead, more information (How many guns, nationality etc). Even at its a same looking, i guess its a really great ship.

Captain Becker

EDIT: I forgot, Welcome to Eurobrick and CP.com mate, get over board and clean the deck ya scurvvydog!

Edited by Captain Becker

I like it. The sails, yardarms and rigging look fantastic.

It looks a lot like the Greenhair style of making a model. I do not recall what SlyOwl's looks like, though I am sure whatever he did was awesome.

I do have some criticisms though.

1) The deck tiling is going the wrong way!

2) The hear rails seem to drop down to low and I don’t love the color. Maybe you didn’t have the right pieces, but yellow head rails would look much better in my opinion!

Oh yeah, and welcome aboard matey! Great first ship!

Edited by ZCerberus

Welcome to Eurobricks!

You made a nice ship. But as with Slyowl's, the spanker sail (lenthwise sail in the back) is placed far too high on the mast.

And I also agree with ZCerberus' critics.

But the colours, the sails and the details are all very nice. I really like the small golden minifigs.

Good job :thumbup:

First, welcome to Eurobricks....I'm glad to see a very talented builder joining us.

Well, well, I think this is a great ship. It just looks fantastic and is consistent with the old sails and the whole form. I also like the barrel on top and the sea-base.

I think this deserves a frontpage article.....

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]......soon!

Edited by Skalldyr

great MOC!love all of it!! hope that mine comes beauty just the same way..

(are you italian too?)

si matteooo sono di roma

First, welcome to Eurobricks....I'm glad to see a very talented builder joining us.

Well, well, I think this is a great ship. It just looks fantastic and is consistent with the old sails and the whole form. I also like the barrel on top and the sea-base.

I think this deserves a frontpage article.....

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]......soon!

thanks skalldyr!!!!!!!!

thank s to your words...i m really happy to read it

how is possible to see a photo in classic pirates frontpage?only admin can do it?

Hey, good to see you here!

As I said on Flickr, I'm really impressed how you managed to build such a good replica, whilst adding your own unique touches and styles :thumbup:

You used LDD in its design? Impressive idea; I'd have never thought of doing something so complicated on it.

It looks a lot like the Greenhair style of making a model. I do not recall what SlyOwl's looks like, though I am sure whatever he did was awesome.

1) The deck tiling is going the wrong way!

Here she be. The deck tiling is my fault; I prefer it that way! I never actually thought to look up how it should go, to be honest.

Welcome to Eurobricks!

You made a nice ship. But as with Slyowl's, the spanker sail (lenthwise sail in the back) is placed far too high on the mast.

I recently rebuilt my ship for STEAM, except with improvements, including your recommendation to lower the spanker and to raise the bowcastle. I haven't got round to totally finishing it yet (eg. it needs a flag on the stern and the horizontal bits on the ratlines need putting in), let alone photographing it, but here's a photo from the show.

5050507358_ff51aff2c2_z.jpg

how is possible to see a photo in classic pirates frontpage?only admin can do it?

I think it hasn't yet been published (to maintain a regular news flow), but expect to see it there in the near future!

I recently rebuilt my ship for STEAM, except with improvements, including your recommendation to lower the spanker and to raise the bowcastle. I haven't got round to totally finishing it yet (eg. it needs a flag on the stern and the horizontal bits on the ratlines need putting in), let alone photographing it, but here's a photo from the show.

That's more like how that sail should be. Nice improvements Slyowl! The side galleries are lovely this way :thumbup:

Everyone should be able to see photos on the Classic-Pirates frontpage, your particular SHip has not been blogged yet. We post that in the thread so the rest of the bloggers know who is blogging it. You should expect to see it there soon.

The detail on the ship is awesome, well done!

If I might ask, where can I see your brickmovie?

I indeed like the detail you used on your ship. It is very old-fashioned. I really like how you made the masts and the type of paper/fabric you used for the sails. :pir-laugh:

Good Job and a terrific ship for a first one!

Hey, good to see you here!

As I said on Flickr, I'm really impressed how you managed to build such a good replica, whilst adding your own unique touches and styles :thumbup:

You used LDD in its design? Impressive idea; I'd have never thought of doing something so complicated on it.

Here she be. The deck tiling is my fault; I prefer it that way! I never actually thought to look up how it should go, to be honest.

5050507358_ff51aff2c2_z.jpg

I think it hasn't yet been published (to maintain a regular news flow), but expect to see it there in the near future!

very great work slyowl as always..

i think the same about deck tiling.... it s funny to think about a wrong way to put it (?)

thanks to this new photo!!! i hoped you would showed to me

The detail on the ship is awesome, well done!

If I might ask, where can I see your brickmovie?

you can watch it from my website

http://www.polandesign.it/portfolio.html

it is in the middle of the page!!

however you can see it in classic pirates categories brickfilms too

but it is just a youtube link....

other pic: work in progress

galeone_mio_013.jpggaleone_mio_020.jpg

i used lego digital designer to design the ship and to ask the brick directly to the lego factory.I buy the sail in a modelling shop here in rome...the sail come from the ship "Victory" of "amati model kit"

i make the rope one by one to give more realism to it ...............i dont like lego plastic rope

galeone_mio_038.jpggaleone_mio_092.jpg

other pic: work in progress

galeone_mio_013.jpggaleone_mio_020.jpg

i used lego digital designer to design the ship and to ask the brick directly to the lego factory.I buy the sail in a modelling shop here in rome...the sail come from the ship "Victory" of "amati model kit"

i make the rope one by one to give more realism to it ...............i dont like lego plastic rope

galeone_mio_038.jpggaleone_mio_092.jpg

does this means that there're the building instructions on the lego official site? i've got an unofficial caribbean clipper to change into a brig like yours :)

Hey there,

Don't you want to give your ship a nice name? Every ship needs a name... :pir-classic:

Edited by Skalldyr

I agree whit Skalldyr, i have made some names wich you coukd use if you like.

The Imperial Tiger, The Royal Princess, The King's Star, Prince Edward's Revenge, The Black Swan, The White Mermaid, The King's Revenge, The Golden Eagle, The Caribbean Scorpion, The Golden Flower, The Mighty Revenge, The Flying Duke, The Caribbean Tiger, The African King, The King's Serpent, The Sea Bounty, The Caribbean Count, The King's Swan, The Royal Lynx, The Black Tiger, The Shining Dove, The Black Bounty, The Midnight King, The Bloody Terror, The Mighty Queen, Count Richard's Lion

Theres only a few names, and if you like you can always look over here for more names. Feelfree to use those names if you like them

Captain Becker

I agree whit Skalldyr, i have made some names wich you coukd use if you like.

The Imperial Tiger, The Royal Princess, The King's Star, Prince Edward's Revenge, The Black Swan, The White Mermaid, The King's Revenge, The Golden Eagle, The Caribbean Scorpion, The Golden Flower, The Mighty Revenge, The Flying Duke, The Caribbean Tiger, The African King, The King's Serpent, The Sea Bounty, The Caribbean Count, The King's Swan, The Royal Lynx, The Black Tiger, The Shining Dove, The Black Bounty, The Midnight King, The Bloody Terror, The Mighty Queen, Count Richard's Lion

Theres only a few names, and if you like you can always look over here for more names. Feelfree to use those names if you like them

Captain Becker

The Black Bounty....i like this name

i love the bouty story so i finally found the name...thank you very much fot the help!

SKALLDYR thanks and sorry i respond so late!!

First of all, nice little ship. Just the kind of thing I'm planning to build. I hope you don't me gathering inspiration ...

Anyways, what I was wondering is, whether you used the new kind of hinges in order to get the thumblehome tilted? I tried that myself, but didn't come up with the same angle as with the old hinges. From your pictures I can't really tell how you did this. So which, hinges did you use and how did you appyl them to get the correct angle?