The Desert King has taken Eastgate!

After a combined attack (unique in Kaliphlin's history) of air, ground and naval forces, the city has surrendered.

The ground forces (supported by heavy catapults and ballista) were attacking from the North, breaking out of the Witherwoods.

DK ships came from the sea and attacked the city where the red river waters mingle with the clear blue water coming in from the ocean.

Finally the bombardment carried out by the Royal Flying Carpet Corps (RFCC) broke the resistance of the defenders.

This is the aerial perspective:

800x784.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x667.jpg

The "Guardian" took severe damage:

800x1032.jpg

Most of the city was saved from ruin as the attack had been quick and swift.

Victory once more fell to the Desert King!

C&C welcome.

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
(pictures now on Bricksafe instead of flickr)

Nice micro build! I like how you made the tree and the flying carpet :wink:

Hmm, flying carpet, huh? I feel I've heard of that somewhere........

Anyway, very nice microscale.

Fantastic idea and beautifully made. I love the colours.

Interesting concept. Those aerial perspective shots are great! Really good micro scale and forced perspective here.

Thanks. It is my first real try at micro scale.

I love those trees!

Great idea! Drop those bombs!

:sweet: The initial bomb design looked even better, but the guy could not hold the d...mned thing.

Nice micro build! I like how you made the tree and the flying carpet :wink:

Flying carpet is actually "borrowed" - trees are my design.

Pretty good job here !!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks!

Very nice take on this warzone! All the buildings look great and I really like those trees :thumbup:

I hoped somebody would like the trees. If I am not mistaken, they are a "new design".

Hmm, flying carpet, huh? I feel I've heard of that somewhere........

Anyway, very nice microscale.

The flying carpet was a good addition to all those little catapults and ballistas (which are hardly seen...)

Fantastic idea and beautifully made. I love the colours.

Thank you!

Very nice mini castles :thumbup:

Did you see the mini-temples and the mini statues?

:grin:

Brilliant idea and fantastic job building it! The micro is really nice, but what really sells it is the FP with the rug floating on top of it! :thumbup:

Those tiny catapults are really cute too! :grin:

Brilliant idea and fantastic job building it! The micro is really nice, but what really sells it is the FP with the rug floating on top of it! :thumbup:

Those tiny catapults are really cute too! :grin:

Thanks. If I have to choose one picture only, I'd take the first aerial overview.

I could claim lots of UoP credits...

Excellent build Captain B, the microscale is great, but the first aerial picture with the flying carpet ready completes this MOC! :sweet: The catapults and siege engines are really nice, and the fire bombs are superb as well - this is certainly a top-notch entry to this WarZone! :thumbup:

Micro scale is a genious idea for this wz! And I love how you followed the official map of Eastgate. Really great layout. And the flying carpet- brilliant! That's definitely fitting perfectly into our forces!

Love the micro siege engines :wub: Top notch micro scale buildings too, the gate looks very impressive (what's left of it...) :laugh:

Excellent build Captain B, the microscale is great, but the first aerial picture with the flying carpet ready completes this MOC! :sweet: The catapults and siege engines are really nice, and the fire bombs are superb as well - this is certainly a top-notch entry to this WarZone! :thumbup:

Thanks for your kind and detailed feedback! :grin:

The first aerial picture has turned out well - good! I always think that I need to take many pictures so that the details can be seen, maybe I end up with too many.

Micro scale is a genious idea for this wz! And I love how you followed the official map of Eastgate. Really great layout. And the flying carpet- brilliant! That's definitely fitting perfectly into our forces!

Well spotted that I tried to depict the "real" Eastgate. Actually my youngest son helped me on this. He studied the map of Eastgate quite extensively.

As to the flying carpet: I think I need to buy the set once more to have a stronger airforce :laugh:

Love the micro siege engines :wub: Top notch micro scale buildings too, the gate looks very impressive (what's left of it...) :laugh:

Thanks for noticing the different siege engines :sweet:

What a great micro build mate...! Bomb design.. tree design.. Those siege weapons.. All great!

Excellent work, Captain Braunsfeld! My first reaction was simply "Wow!" When someone does a microscale build I feel that he or she should compensate for the small scale by producing a larger layout and you definitely accomplished that. So often I find myself disappointed when glorious descriptions aren't realized in real bricks - but you nailed that one too. I spent some time studying all the different features: the main gates are wonderful, the various smaller buildings all look great, the bridge and coverging waters are nice, the ships and siege machines look lovely and of course the trees and other natural surroundings are fine. And the forced perspective accomplished by the aerial views is superb. I must confess that I prefer your Pirates-theme builds but in terms of overall creativity I think this is one of your best. Again, excellent work. You really illustrate the story well.

P.S. I suppose the frog was added for humor?

Lovely Micro!

Thanks!

Excellent work, Captain Braunsfeld! My first reaction was simply "Wow!" When someone does a microscale build I feel that he or she should compensate for the small scale by producing a larger layout and you definitely accomplished that. So often I find myself disappointed when glorious descriptions aren't realized in real bricks - but you nailed that one too. I spent some time studying all the different features: the main gates are wonderful, the various smaller buildings all look great, the bridge and coverging waters are nice, the ships and siege machines look lovely and of course the trees and other natural surroundings are fine. And the forced perspective accomplished by the aerial views is superb. I must confess that I prefer your Pirates-theme builds but in terms of overall creativity I think this is one of your best. Again, excellent work. You really illustrate the story well.

P.S. I suppose the frog was added for humor?

A lot to answer here. First of all thanks for your comment!

The city had to have a certain size to be recognisable as Eastgate.

I think all key elements that were required for this warzone have been included. It was fun to do the little siege engines.

And you are right - the frog is mainly a humor element, although I will have a beast in the victory parade that might be regarded as the large version of the frog...

(and somebody must pull all those siege engines!)

Nice micro scene, Captain! I really like those siege engines :classic:

Thanks - this micro build is amazingly popular.

I've changed the order of the pictures as the one with the carpet flying over the city seems to be the "best".