Mosana

Mosana's custom torsos

Bonaparte said I should make a thread for my torso stickers, so here it is.

Officer of 95th Rifles

rifles1uf3.png

Trooper of 95th Rifles

rifle2gk5.png

However, the question arose about what colour body to print this on, seeing as the green colour doesn't match any Lego colour, although it is very close to actual rifle green. So here are the bodies in:

Lego green:

rifles4ai7.png

rifle3ox1.png

Close to Lego dark green:

rifles5kl6.png

rifles6qn6.png

Recolour to make a Brunswick Lieb-Battalion torso:

liebjx6.jpg

Also, I will take requests for other Napoleonic things. Bear in mind I don't have a lot of time for these, but I'll do the best I can. All of these are .BMPs done in paint, so editing shouldn't be too difficult.

Happy to see you posted these high quality designs.

A small introduction for those who don't know the 95th rifle brigade:

In 1800 an "Experimental Corps of Riflemen", the 95th Regiment of Foot were raised by Colonel Coote Manningham and Lieutenant-Colonel the Hon William Stewart, drawn from officers and other ranks from drafts of a variety of British regiments. The Corps differed quite a bit from the main infantry of the British Army. The Riflemen wore dark green jackets rather than the red more customary to the British Army of that time; pantaloons, which were close-fitting breeches, rather than wool breeches; black facings rather than white; a green plume on their shako which the light infantry also wore, as-well as other accoutrements unique to the Rifles. The "Rifles" were armed with the formidable, but slow loading Baker rifle which was more accurate and of longer range than the musket.

More info in this wikipedia article: Rifle Brigade

For comparison, the uniform of an officer as shown in the Sharpe TV series:

mainsharpepic.jpg

I always used these torso's to make my 95th rifles, but that might change now ;-):

rifle-company.jpg

All of a sudden we have many talents torso designers appear - its great! Keep up the good work Mosana and good work for providing some background information Bonaparte!

However, the question arose about what colour body to print this on, seeing as the green colour doesn't match any Lego colour, although it is very close to actual rifle green. So here are the bodies in:

Also, I will take requests for other Napoleonic things. Bear in mind I don't have a lot of time for these, but I'll do the best I can. All of these are .BMPs done in paint, so editing shouldn't be too difficult.

Yes the same problem I had some hours ago with my husar. Therefore I switched also to a Lego base colour for the main colour of the sticker.

I have to admit that I do my stickers in power point, which gives the possibility to move the objects around and to group some parts as objects.

Andreas

Yes the same problem I had some hours ago with my husar. Therefore I switched also to a Lego base colour for the main colour of the sticker.

I have to admit that I do my stickers in power point, which gives the possibility to move the objects around and to group some parts as objects.

Andreas

That's interesting. I've never thought of using powerpoint, or anything besides paint, to do these in. Might I ask where you get your official Lego colours from?

Also, great new avatar. I'm a big fan of mr G. Rava myself.

That's interesting. I've never thought of using powerpoint, or anything besides paint, to do these in. Might I ask where you get your official Lego colours from?

Also, great new avatar. I'm a big fan of mr G. Rava myself.

That's one I've found but I haven't proofed it yet:

http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/colorguide.cgi

That's my actual file, if somebody is interested in ...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/woody64/...uniforms-05.ppt

Andreas

Some more for you:

Officer of 1st/2nd Grenadiers:

impg1ur0.png

Trooper of 1st/2nd Grenadiers:

impg2rg8.png

Trooper with Legion D'Honneur

impg3rm0.png

Officer of Royal Dutch Guard/3rd Regiment of Grenadiers

impg5rv8.png

Trooper of Royal Dutch Guard/3rd Regiment of Grenadiers

impg4sx9.png

Again, I'll take any requests for torsos, as I'm pretty aimless at the moment.

You are really up to speed Mr. Mosana!

For a color guide, here is the place to be.

Again, I'll take any requests for torsos, as I'm pretty aimless at the moment.

I have a request for a red Wellington uniform.

Currently I'm using this torso for my Wellington:

973p12c01.jpg

But it is not very accurate as you can see in these pictures:

wellington.jpg76863~Equestrian-Portrait-of-the-Duke-of-Wellington-with-British-Hussars-on-a-Battlefield-1814-Posters.jpgwellington1.jpg

Thanks for the link. Before this, I was looking at pictures of the bricks, copying them into paint and using the dropper tool to get the colour, which, as you can imagine, isn't perfect.

Also,

wellingkc4.png

Let me know what you think or want to change

It's based on all of the pictures, although he's not wearing any of the orders or medals, as I doubt they'd be practical in a battle.

Sorry the play instinct was too high ....

So here's a second wellington sticker

wellington2.png

Excellent work on the medal(?) on his chest. I tried a few times to do that, but eventually gave up.

Quick update:

The bodies in Lego-size:

bodieshe9.png

Thanks for the link. Before this, I was looking at pictures of the bricks, copying them into paint and using the dropper tool to get the colour, which, as you can imagine, isn't perfect.

Also,

wellingkc4.png

Let me know what you think or want to change

It's based on all of the pictures, although he's not wearing any of the orders or medals, as I doubt they'd be practical in a battle.

That's fast Mr. Mosana. My first impression is that it looks very good.

I will print the torso tomorrow and see how it looks on a minifig.

I'll post pictures and give you more feedback.

Sorry the play instinct was too high ....

So here's a second wellington sticker

wellington2.png

This design is as impressive as the one from Mr. Mosana and I'll also test is tomorrow. Mr Wellington will be happy to have 2 new uniforms ;-) .

But I have 2 questions:

1. The red is different than in Mosana's design. So only one of the 2 designs is matching the official Lego red. So I wonder which one will have used the official color? I posted a link to a color guide for the official colors a few posts back in this thread.

2. I notice the black border around the torso design. Should I remove this border with my knife of scissors after printing? Or would it be better to make this border the same color as the adjacent color?

That's fast Mr. Mosana. My first impression is that it looks very good.

I will print the torso tomorrow and see how it looks on a minifig.

I'll post pictures and give you more feedback.

This design is as impressive as the one from Mr. Mosana and I'll also test is tomorrow. Mr Wellington will be happy to have 2 new uniforms ;-) .

But I have 2 questions:

1. The red is different than the design of Mr. Mosana. So only one of the 2 designs is matching the official Lego red. So I wonder which one will have used the official color? I posted a link to a color guide for the official colors a few posts back in this thread.

2. I notice the black border around the torso design. Should I remove this border with my knife of scissors after printing? Or would it be better to make this border the same color as the adjacent color?

I got my red from this page here, as well as my other basic colours:

http://www.classic-castle.com/howto/articles/Torsos.html

I got my red from this page here, as well as my other basic colours:

http://www.classic-castle.com/howto/articles/Torsos.html

Aha, I was looking for that link, but I couldn't find in on CC this morning.

Now I'm curious to find out whether Woody used the colors from MCN or just some random red.

Because that could mean they are both giving a different value for the official red...

I checked with Paint Shop Pro, and the Mosana-design has RBG = 196,0,38 which is the official red from the Classic-Castle link.

The Woody-design has RBG = 202,40,28 which is not matching with the Classic-Castle colors or the MCN colors.

Woody, is is possible to update your red color and use RBG = 196,0,38?

Just tell me if you think I'm a perfectionist or a freak :-D.

Woody, is is possible to update your red color and use RBG = 196,0,38?

wellington3.pngwellington4.png

Yes you are right I haven't used the original colours. I often use the originals colours only as base and did it a little bit darker or lighter.

Also I haven't checked yet if it's better to have the dark surrounding or to use the background colour for surrounding.

Personally I always remove the border. Is there a special reason why you keep it.

I did some quick changes with PSP to see the difference.

wellington4.jpg

Personally I always remove the border. Is there a special reason why you keep it.

There's no specific reason.

When we resize the stickers to the original lego torso size then you can see it less clear.

I haven't tried the difference on a real torso yet ...

Andreas

I like them so much, I'm making a Baker rifle :D

Great work though, too all who have submitted decals.

How do you plan on making such a rifle?

I've seen brown muskets, black muskets and rifles used. Personally, I'd use regular muskets, seeing as the green uniform already makes them look pretty distinctive. But I'd like to see what you can come up with.

And here he is, Wellington with his new outfits :-D .

They both look very good and I really have no preference.

the-wellingtons.jpg

Thanks guys for your work!

Wow...

I've actually never seen anything I've made on a figure before. Thanks a lot!