Sign in to follow this  
Svelte

Price drop on Star Justice and Space Skulls - S@H

I hope this isn't just me seeing this...

10191 Star Justice and 10192 Space Skulls have undergone a price drop at S@H!

Now:

99.99 Australian dollars

69.99 Euros

49.99 GBP

Still USD99.99 though.

That's a more attractive pricepoint. I may even order them now!

Thanks for reporting this! :sweet: I'll have to consider this set more seriously now...

thanks for the news. Definitely worth considering now. Hopefully this more accurate exchange rate is reflected in the to be released death star. Well a boy can dream.

Yea i saw that yesterday i think,it makes the Star Justice set seem even MORE attractive to me :thumbup: the only thing i worry about is the killer shipping prices.... :hmpf_bad:

the only thing i worry about is the killer shipping prices.... :hmpf_bad:

I tackle that by trying to buy more sets at once and/or buying sale sets.

Or if you have a friend who wants to order at the same time you can split the shipping with them.

Shipping... it does bring tears to my eyes when UK buyers complain because they ordered from S@H on a Wednesday and it didn't arrive by Friday, and the total shipping cost was an exorbitant 3 pounds or something :hmpf::wink:

Edited by svelte_corps

Or if you have a friend who wants to order at the same time you can split the shipping with them.

Shipping... it does bring tears to my eyes when UK buyers complain because they ordered from S@H on a Wednesday and it didn't arrive by Friday, and the total shipping cost was an exorbitant 3 pounds or something :hmpf::wink:

Don't ge tme started on S@H shipping cost, it's almost the same price to get stuff shipped from starwarsshop.com and then I get to pay in the much cheaper US$ prices.

Don't ge tme started on S@H shipping cost, it's almost the same price to get stuff shipped from starwarsshop.com and then I get to pay in the much cheaper US$ prices.

I promise I won't get you started, hewman... I can see your kitten's eyes have gotten black... black and angry at the merest thought of S@H.

Can you order Lego through starwarsshop.com? That's pretty good if so.

I tackle that by trying to buy more sets at once and/or buying sale sets.

Yea the only reason i'd get it is because of the sale price also i just want the ship that comes with the set so i found someone who made it in ldd then downloaded it but he made ALOT of mistakes so i fixed them and its $55 AUD not including shipping :hmpf_bad: so i dont know what to do :sceptic:

Well my only friend who likes lego wont be geting any sets for awhile he forked out alot for some older SW sets like the 1st Imperial Shuttle. :wacko::grin:

Can you order Lego through starwarsshop.com? That's pretty good if so.

I thought you could only order exclusive sets like ucs ect... but im probable wrong i havnt checked it in awhile

well i think it's good news, honestly. the price settings of these sets were pretty weird after all. I mean, they both cost 100 dollars/100euro, even though everybody knows 100 dollars does not equal 100 euro. I think Lego just realised they pushed it a little bit too much with these set prices, hoping space fans would buy them at practically any cost. They changed the price to a more realistic one when that didn't happen.

Now: 99.99 Australian dollars - Still USD99.99 though.

About a month ago, in the 10191 Star Justice Review thread I wrote:

A$129.99 is just too much for me in one hit and it also costs another A$35.00 to ship it to Australia. So that's $154.99 in total. There are no LEGO Brand stores in my area, or anywhere in Australia as far as I'm aware, making shipping the only method of obtainment.

I don't understand why the sets cost US$99.99 in the USA which is A$104.99. Why am I'm paying an extra A$25 for the same product when I'm already paying A$35 for the shipping? Are there hidden charges that are not already factored into the initial price?

So from my perspective the revised price seems much fairer.

well i think it's good news, honestly. the price settings of these sets were pretty weird after all. I mean, they both cost 100 dollars/100euro, even though everybody knows 100 dollars does not equal 100 euro. I think Lego just realised they pushed it a little bit too much with these set prices, hoping space fans would buy them at practically any cost. They changed the price to a more realistic one when that didn't happen.

Yea it should've been $100 AUD when it 1st came out :hmpf: but i still cant decide should i get the whole set or just buy the ship by itself in LDD which is $55 AUD but then + shipping it will be almost $100 AUD :hmpf_bad:

Im glad its not a sale price..... :wacko:

Yea it should've been $100 AUD when it 1st came out :hmpf: but i still cant decide should i get the whole set or just buy the ship by itself in LDD which is $55 AUD but then + shipping it will be almost $100 AUD :hmpf_bad:

Im glad its not a sale price..... :wacko:

well i'd go for the LDD... i don't think the sets are worth the current price either. good parts, nice models, just not what i'm looking for as a space fan

well i'd go for the LDD... i don't think the sets are worth the current price either. good parts, nice models, just not what i'm looking for as a space fan

Yea like what I realy want is more ships not stuff with wheels [its ok but its SPACE not cars] and i realy like the "SNOT" technique they used for it i hope they do more! :thumbup::cry_happy:

No drop in US? Darn. :hmpf_bad:

I'm sure it will come eventually, just like it took a while for the Castle Chess set to drop from $300 to $200.

Finally some REAL justice! Don't care for these sets that much, but I hope this means lego finally realizes that their 1$=1,25E (and sometimes worse exchange rates) are way off. I'm glad that at least with these sets thay have a slightly more realistic 1$=0,70E exchange rate.

Every price setting by lego is way off, just look at the indy sets, the crystal skull temple is 80$ while it is a whopping 90 euro's, nearly 40E difference :pir-oh:, even if you switch the $ and E signs it's too expensive (it's even worse with the large castle chess set, which is about 75! euro's more expensive than in the us when you convert the prices). I understand there's VAT, but nowhere near enough to justify those huge differences in price.

No drop in US? Darn. :hmpf_bad:

You've always had and still have it cheaper than in Europe, so don't complain :wink: (and only about 5$ more expensive than in Australia), Europe and Australia have been ripped of for way too long allready.

Edited by Fluyt

Finally some REAL justice! Don't care for these sets that much, but I hope this means lego finally realizes that their 1$=1,25E (and sometimes worse exchange rates) are way off. I'm glad that at least with these sets thay have a slightly more realistic 1$=0,70E exchange rate.

Every price setting by lego is way off, just look at the indy sets, the crystal skull temple is 80$ while it is a whopping 90 euro's, nearly 40E difference :pir-oh:, even if you switch the $ and E signs it's too expensive (it's even worse with the large castle chess set, which is about 75! euro's more expensive than in the us when you convert the prices). I understand there's VAT, but nowhere near enough to justify those huge differences in price.

well, Indy sets are licensed sets, they're always ridiculously expensive, no question there...

in the case of the space sets, it's basically "let's take as much money as we can on a couple of exclusive space sets" and sure, probably on a few others too. right now, the price difference between dollar and euro doesn't even have anything to do with any rational costs, like VAT, it's simply that dollar has decreased in value against euro, but Lego in return, did not change the euro prices... until now, so it seems...

On the other, i just read on Belug that Lego is going increase her prices of several sets due to rising costs of production... Oil, for instance, has become very expensive...

If They drop down to $60.00 in the us I'd buy them but right know there way over priced! :hmpf_bad:

David Jones seems to get a lot of the exclusives, Cafe Corner etc in my area. Hope they get the Death Star ?!

Edited by I Scream Clone

Well damn...now on US Shop At Home they're $70 each.

If I'd have waited six weeks I coulda saved myself $60 :tongue:

This kind of irrational pricing by TLC is going to cost them AFOL money and loyalty. This set was ridiculously overpriced.

Why would any AFOL rush out to buy a new set if there is a high chance of a price drop very soon. A similar thing happened with the Hobby Train set. Same happened with their original amusement park and airport sets from Lego Factory

First they overprice the set like crazy. Then no one buys it, and they cut the price like crazy. It cheapens the brand and turns off the customers.

That's no way to run a business. I think they haven't quite figured out the whole S@H Exclusive - AFOL buyer situation.

The Cafe Corner series sets are an exception because they are so outstanding, but the others ones in the Lego Factory series have been parts packs, largely.

This kind of irrational pricing by TLC is going to cost them AFOL money and loyalty. This set was ridiculously overpriced.

Why would any AFOL rush out to buy a new set if there is a high chance of a price drop very soon. A similar thing happened with the Hobby Train set. Same happened with their original amusement park and airport sets from Lego Factory

First they overprice the set like crazy. Then no one buys it, and they cut the price like crazy. It cheapens the brand and turns off the customers.

That's no way to run a business. I think they haven't quite figured out the whole S@H Exclusive - AFOL buyer situation.

The Cafe Corner series sets are an exception because they are so outstanding, but the others ones in the Lego Factory series have been parts packs, largely.

I couldn´t have said it better! :thumbup:

I got the Star Justice set on our event and have to say: Neat, but I would not have spend the regular price for it.

Sorry for the builders, but it´s "just" a better parts pack. And I doubt that Space will continue in the Factory series. :look:

Yeah, it is sort of disheartening to see them marked-down so quickly. I was sort of hoping they'd spin that theming off into a regular series.

I'm still not sure if the sets are worth full price. I've been building Space Skulls on and off this whole week and haven't gotten very much done. Haven't even popped the seals on Star Justice yet.

Sign in to follow this