irispen

[MOC] Millennium Falcon

Edit:

MOC Update: (December 2017)

kWLBJom.jpg

Check the updated album here: https://imgur.com/gallery/1Zam9

Hi There

This is my first post here.. errr topic , and it will be about my MOC. Nothing really fancy here, i just want to have a bigger Falcon to sit down with my UCS Slave 1 (which i haven't build yet). Since the UCS Flacon is out of reach, i decided to create a bigger falcon out of 2 system scale falcons (75015) plus some extra bricks.

My Goal is to make it similar to the system scale but bigger, meaning it should have an interior.

Here it is:

awt72e.jpg

It is a bit smaller than the UCS version.. i think.. but almost the same scale as the UCS Slave 1.. i think..

fks0hf.jpg

I want to detail the underside, but my wallet said no.

a09hky.jpg

rs93qw.jpg

67k2ae.jpg

rusl0o.jpg

Sorry for the bad pictures!

Edited by irispen

Oh wow, this is fantastic! The exterior is really well done, as is the interior. I would perhaps hollow out the four holes on the mandibles by a couple of tiles and add some greebling like in the set, but other than that, it looks perfect! Is there still an access ramp, and has the landing gear been changed?

Really well done. It definitely looks to be an improvement over the official set. I especially like the interior work. I had considered doing a better interior for 7965, but I never have and seeing things like this, you always want to go bigger/better!

Keep up the good work.

Blimey, there are quite a few Falcons popping up all over the internet in recent times. I'll really have to get a move on with mine!

I really like that you paid attention to interior detail as well as exterior. Obviously there are still a few improvements you can make like adding some more colour/ clear shapes to the round exhausts and some other details and the shape of the mandibles is still a bit too close to the playset IMO. Also the cockpit seems a bit small at this scale.

But I'm really just nit-picking there! Overall your model is really well made and definitly a great compromise between the playset and rebricking the UCS for a rediculous amount of money. :)

Keep up the great work! :)

P.S. Those are some nicely modified TIEs there, too!

Edited by Kit Bricksto

Really great model, I like the concept of using two system scale Falcons as a starting point for a bigger one. I have to agree with Kit Bricksto about the mandibles. On the system scale models the mandibles are way too long, but it kind of works because the cockpit is so massively out of scale. If you scale the whole thing up but keep the cockpit at the same size, having such long mandibles doesn't work so well. Take a look at a top down view of a studio model and you will see what I mean. I would say your mandibles are close to twice as long as they should be to scale.

Really nice job. I really like the idea of using two actual Falcons to do this MOC and obtaining a pseudo UCS Falcon with an interios. Excellent idea!!!

Appart from the two 75015 sets, how many extra pieces did you need?

Do you plan of doing any instructions?

Oh wow, this is fantastic! The exterior is really well done, as is the interior. I would perhaps hollow out the four holes on the mandibles by a couple of tiles and add some greebling like in the set, but other than that, it looks perfect! Is there still an access ramp, and has the landing gear been changed?

Thanks! Ramp and the landing gear are similar with the system scale, just a bit more detailed, and it has 5 landing gear instead of 4.

Really well done. It definitely looks to be an improvement over the official set. I especially like the interior work. I had considered doing a better interior for 7965, but I never have and seeing things like this, you always want to go bigger/better!

Keep up the good work.

Wow! Very nice interior. Maybe add some more color blotches like the original, but this is great!

Blimey, there are quite a few Falcon's popping up all over the internet in recent times. I'll really have to get a move on with mine!

I really like that you paid attention to interior detail as well as exterior. Obviously there are still a few improvements you can make like adding some more colour/ clear shapes to the round exhausts and some other details and the shape of the mandibles is still a bit too close to the playset IMO. Also the cockpit seems a bit small at this scale.

But I'm really just nit-picking there! Overall your model is really well made and definitly a great compromise between the playset and rebricking the UCS for a rediculous amount of money. :)

Keep up the great work! :)

P.S. Those are some nicely modified TIEs there, too!

Looks great. The interior is superb.

Thank you!

Oh my this is nice! The only thing I wish is that the four forward circles actually opened into little greebles! But this is still amazing!

i also want to do it, may my bricks are limited =)

Really great model, I like the concept of using two system scale Falcons as a starting point for a bigger one. I have to agree with Kit Bricksto about the mandibles. On the system scale models the mandibles are way too long, but it kind of works because the cockpit is so massively out of scale. If you scale the whole thing up but keep the cockpit at the same size, having such long mandibles doesn't work so well. Take a look at a top down view of a studio model and you will see what I mean. I would say your mandibles are close to twice as long as they should be to scale.

thanks! everything seems in good scale in actual, i used some measuring tools to at least make it closer to the scale of the real falcon, last time i checked, it is just 2 studs longer.. here is my guide:

http://orig09.devian...pex-d776dfk.jpg

Really nice job. I really like the idea of using two actual Falcons to do this MOC and obtaining a pseudo UCS Falcon with an interios. Excellent idea!!!

Appart from the two 75015 sets, how many extra pieces did you need?

Do you plan of doing any instructions?

Thanks! but sorry, i have no idea on how many extra pieces i used, and i have no plan of doing any instructions as my time is very limited. i actually did the MOC for 3 months! like 20-30mins a day, it is more like a trial and error process

Edited by irispen

looks great and a great idea, but as others have said, and correct me if i'm wrong, the mandibles in the film version look quite a bit shorter.

I really like it. Looks like quite simple but effective design, this might be the best middle-ground option for anyone who is not entirely happy with set MF size and detail but still want somewhat movable and affordable thing :) Good job.

hi sorry to bump this topic, but would you be able to give some insight on how the cockpit section is designed?

Im planning on doing something similar. Do you have any more pictures of the underside/ structure? Or did u basically follow the instructions and times 2 it??? Thanks :)

On 10/19/2017 at 3:04 PM, LEGODrongo01 said:

hi sorry to bump this topic, but would you be able to give some insight on how the cockpit section is designed?

Its very similar to system scale

6 hours ago, ToniMontana said:

Im planning on doing something similar. Do you have any more pictures of the underside/ structure? Or did u basically follow the instructions and times 2 it??? Thanks :)

Yes its very similar to system scale but more technic bricks and pins to hold the structures.

I did some update on the cockpit last time, you can check it here:

https://imgur.com/gallery/1Zam9

kWLBJom.jpg

Edited by irispen