Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

EB News Presents Jocko!

For this airing, we'll try something new with the fonts, just like we always do, which doesn't make it particularly new, but who asked you? >:-(

This time, I'm in blue italics, both when speaking normally and when heckling Staudie, he'll be in festive halloween orange when asking questions and generally being annoying, our esteemed guest Jocko will be commenting in green to match his hat, and Hinckley will be in red to match that spot on his head where the troll kept whacking him in his excellent Dwarves Mining Comic!

Welcome to another exciting episode of EB Community News, I'm your host, imperialshadows, and standing over there in that big pit of snakes is cub reporter Staudie, practicing for some upcoming Indiana Jones related work. At least that's the excuse I'm using for making him do that. >:-)

Tonight, we're joined by none other than Jocko, best known for his ability to put up with Hinckley, but after this interview you'll see just how much more than that he really is, so let's get started! In a slightly different twist, I'll be asking a lot of the questions tonight, but between snake bites, Staudie will be pitching in as well, so watch those fonts and know who you're reading!

Q. Before diving into the LEGO portion of the program, let's find out about one of your hobbies, and an impressive one at that. Tell us all about that incredible pond and waterfall project Hinckley was kind enough to share with us.

A. It was a mission I had to create a cool creek, waterfalls, and pond in our sloping front yard. Once we moved in, I just started digging and didn

Edited by Hinckley

Thanks for the enlightening interview. It was really nice to learn more about Jocko! :-P

Interesting interview! I was forced to flatten my boxes six months ago.... :'-(

Although I'm sure Jocko and Coll were ecstatic, wasn't the incident somewhat humiliating and soul-crushing? :'-(

Although I'm sure Jocko and Coll were ecstatic, wasn't the incident somewhat humiliating and soul-crushing? :'-(

Yes. :'-( I held off as long as I could with a complicated routine of putting the small boxes in medium boxes, the medium boxes in large boxes.... but ultimately I needed more room for Lego display, and I could only achieve that by moving stuff from my "work" room to the storage room. I need more space... :'-(

Nice interview, a way to know a little more about Jocko, have an insight on Hinckley's life in the Real World (a little Matrix-ish expression, I know), and to learn something about imperilashadows' originis X-D .

Too bad Staudie did not partecipate very much, maybe he was too busy with the snakes? *skull*

LuxorV

Thanks for the enlightening interview. It was really nice to learn more about Jocko! :-P

Always the last to know ... ;-)

Yes. :'-( I held off as long as I could with a complicated routine of putting the small boxes in medium boxes, the medium boxes in large boxes....

Oh no... I'm at that phase now. I've even been opening sets I'm not ready to display, putting the contents into gallon ziplock bags, then sliding that back in the box and using the spare room (usually half the box) to hold smaller boxed sets. I got a lot of room out of things like the TIE collection that way. I really hoped it would be enough to save me, but your post is like a vision of the future yet to be... :'-(

Nice interview, a way to know a little more about Jocko, have an insight on Hinckley's life in the Real World (a little Matrix-ish expression, I know), and to learn something about imperilashadows' originis X-D .

Too bad Staudie did not partecipate very much, maybe he was too busy with the snakes? *skull*

LuxorV

Thanks! This interview helped show that pretty much everyone here was already a little whacked before the Whacker and the Walrus even started officially.

Staudie asked some questions and collected information, but he wasn't sure what angle to take on this one, so I just sort of winged it. In the past, he's asked all of the questions, so it was nice for him to get a little break, if you can call the snake pit a break >:-)

I held off as long as I could with a complicated routine of putting the small boxes in medium boxes, the medium boxes in large boxes....

I did that as well, but now I too have had to start flattening my boxes (sounds painful), and they're all going down the side of my wardrobe. Well, half of them are. The other half are up in the loft, behind some shelves, which are behind large piles of bags with assorted rubbish, etc in. We really need to clear the loft...

Thanks for another interview, which even had a special treat in that we not only learnt about one member, but two. Keep up the good work guys.

*Walks in and looks at everyone stareing at his dead stunt double in a snake pit*

What? I have my rights....

Anyway Good job Staudie! And Shadows... Meh...

PS - RAS_74 You had better answer or Ill send the angry mob after you!

Another nice interview guys and thanks to Jocko for participating! I dont collect many boxes yet I do also have to put the little small ones inside the big ones for more room, I need space to live aswell! :'-( ;-)

I used to have the same problem with boxes...at first I kept them all, then when I realized how stupid that was I kept just the Star Wars ones...then I realized that I don't get any real enjoyment out of them, and they were just a fire hazard. I know some people collect boxes, and they were all perfect, so I made a topic for a day to see if anyone wanted them, no replies. So I just threw them all out.

It feels good to throw boxes away these days >:-)

Staudie's dead??? Let's have a par.... funeral.. *sad*

Heheheh, sorry to hear about your boxes Hinkie. X-O I also have to just throw them away. Although I think I'm trying to keep them from now on.

Thanks for the great review! Now I also know a bit more about Jocko..

Really nice interview! And congrats to Hinckley for his new promotion (just when I thought EB couldn't get any crazier X-D ooh dear... Now we are in trouble)

I used to sell my boxes on BL for some time, but it was a bit too much fuss for what I gained from it, so I stopped... Though I still do open my store from time to time, during holydays mainly (I'd never have guessed how many people actually buy empty boxes, though *wacko* )

Yet again a great interview. Always good to get insights into other members

Interesting interview! I was forced to flatten my boxes six months ago.... :'-(

Something strange must have happend in the Galaxy as it was about six months ago that I too started to flatten my boxes. About the same time I realised I really didn't need to keep all the plastic bags either (yes, I even kept the opened plain bags)

Staudie's dead??? Let's have a par.... funeral.. *sad*

Party!?!?! >:-( >:-( >:-( >:-( >:-( >:-(

Where? :-P X-D

Stauder

*Walks in and looks at everyone stareing at his dead stunt double in a snake pit*

What? I have my rights....

Anyway Good job Staudie! And Shadows... Meh...

PS - RAS_74 You had better answer or Ill send the angry mob after you!

We couldn't actually afford a stunt double, so that's your twin brother Stinky! *looks around* Whoa, I just had a flashback to another thread ... *wacko*

We couldn't actually afford a stunt double, so that's your twin brother Stinky!

:'-( He was such a cool fellow too.

Something strange must have happend in the Galaxy as it was about six months ago that I too started to flatten my boxes. About the same time I realised I really didn't need to keep all the plastic bags either (yes, I even kept the opened plain bags)

I used to keep all of my bags too, but now I only keep the printed ones. *wacko* (Numbered ones don't qualify!)

I used to keep all of my bags too, but now I only keep the printed ones. *wacko* (Numbered ones don't qualify!)

The bags?! Like the little bags the pieces are separated into? Everyone's entitled to their own blah blah blah and no offense and junk, but the bags? That's looney! Hands down whack-a-mole capital-L Looney!! *wacko*

Edited by Hinckley

The bags?! Like the little bags the pieces are separated into? Everyone's entitled to their own blah blah blah and no offense and junk, but the bags? That's looney! Hands down whack-a-mole capital-L Looney!! *wacko*

How dare you?! I challenge you to a build off.... oh..... errr arm wrestle?

I throw them out now, honest. Well, most of them anyway! :-P

I used to save the bags too... *wacko*

I'd carefully open them, either top or bottom at the seam, pulling evenly and gently to prevent unnecessary ripping, then when I was all done, I'd put all the small ones in the larger ones until I was down to as few seperate parts as possible. Then they would go in the box.

I throw them away now, unless they're from polybagged sets. I still keep those, and definitely open them neatly to prevent damaging the pretty picture on the front. X-D

Not a word. Not a single word... I'm warning you! >:-(

Not a word. Not a single word... I'm warning you! >:-(

Em... Word. :-P

I have a few boxes I've kept. They're stored under my bed. :'-(