Sign in to follow this  
Vorkosigan

MOC: Watch Tower Construction - 3 Part Build

I had the idea to do a MOC of a tower under construction, and from there decided to extend it into a three part build showing the transformation of the landscape.

In the Beginning

UBB4Tsfh.jpg

E1H7MQsh.jpg

KpLoiLJh.jpg

Progress

veRFAEnh.jpg

ymiZzZth.jpg

wEKRG35h.jpg

fhMvVlRh.jpg

The Watch

jCVWVWWh.jpg

zegMAt6h.jpg

BEb8IBvh.jpg

Great idea! Nice build. I especially like the evergreens, how did you make them? I would like to know that, because i have only five normal leafs, but a lot of these plants

Thanks everyone.

I especially like the evergreens, how did you make them?

I got the idea from a tree technique thread on here. Basically its a stack of these: 4733.gif?0 set at 45 degree angles. You can put 1x1 plates between them to make a slightly sparser tree. I did 1 flower stem around the top, then 2, then several rows of 3. Of course you can vary this as you like.

Thanks everyone.

I got the idea from a tree technique thread on here. Basically its a stack of these: 4733.gif?0 set at 45 degree angles. You can put 1x1 plates between them to make a slightly sparser tree. I did 1 flower stem around the top, then 2, then several rows of 3. Of course you can vary this as you like.

Thank you very much!

Lovely MOC's but I would have also loved seeing some woodcutters/clearing the area MOC :wink:

Good idea, I have another concept for this scene as well so I may make a couple more variations before I disassemble it.

This is a great idea. Pity more builders don't do the same. My favorite part is the scene with the lower tower walls surrounded by the wooden scaffolding. It looks so busy, and the different tools and the lifting mechanism are nice. The landscape is good too, but I also would've liked to see them clearing it off. Good work!

To be honest the construction part looks better then the finished tower :)

But it's just my opinion "_"

Good idea with the tower under construction. :thumbup: One thing though, the landscaping in all three stages of the build (but especially the last stage) is a bit sparse. One suggestion to improve that, would be to invest in some grass stalks (http://brickset.com/parts/374128) to add into the overall landscaping and build up a more layered, wild landscape.

e.g.

14940313941_78f773b4ab_n.jpg

Edited by BrickCurve

Wow, I love those trees in your creation :wub: . Furthermore I like the construction of the tower :thumbup: