Sign in to follow this  
snefroe

modified yellow starfighter

indexed.gif

see if this works... i had to keep the bytes down, so i worked a little bit on the photos...

post-11-1113742362.jpg

a third: this is of the underside of the midsection; a few posts ago i said that both the yellow bird and ARC needed modification there, because the traditional bricks crewed up the lines of the ship

post-11-1113742631.jpg

here's the interior of the cockpit. i dumped the stick in favor of the F-16 approach: left tile controls the engine, right tile is the steering; in the middle a Head Up Display and behind the tiles, a cockpit light

sorry pilot, no seat :P

post-11-1113742859.jpg

Nice modification there young Pharao ;)

It looks much smoother. However could you post a pic from the top of the ship, in order to see from every angle ;)

normally i try to limit modifications, especially with this one, cause, in all, the original model is great

1) changed the legs, they were too "brickish" for me

2) moved up the engines to the spot behind the leg, otherwise the canopy wouldn't open; this means you've got the mid section and a pod with leg and engine on each side

3) changed the entire underside, including the entire cockpit and the hinges, also moved the 2 x 4 wings to close the gaps at the end (see steps 18/19 in the instruction book...

think that must be it... oh yes... dropped the white disc on the yellow wing as well

Nice, real Nice ;)

i only try to live up to your expectations, Master... but in the end i'm just a humble working man, compared to your 900 years of experience...

one problem, though: the hinges. if i use the old model, the canopy doesn't really close the way I want it to. it goes up a bit (1-2 mm). it's annoying... if i use the new model, there's too much pressure on the structure.

I love the landing mech modification. Nice work!

thanks Bloody Jay. I'm still in trouble with the landing lights, though... i thought of using a bracket like this one (http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/554) and a round plate 1 x 1 but that blocks the folding mechanism of the gear... i'll also add a survival/first aid kit behind the pilot but i don't know how to do that right now...

TLC should also design a jump suit, cause my poor pilot is flying without a parachute!

TLC should also design a jump suit, cause my poor pilot is flying without a parachute!

It's a SPACE ship. ;)

yeah... but... what goes up... must come down... on a planet... so... :P